View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Pouncey Bros Assaulted Man at Miami Nightclub, Victim Says 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Pouncey Bros Assaulted Man at Miami Nightclub, Victim Says
Quote:
A man says that Dolphins center Mike Pouncey and his brother Maurkice assaulted him at Cameo Nightclub in Miami Beach last night, where the often-troubled Dolphins center and his twin behemoth brother were holding their annual birthday bash.

UPDATE: "There was an incident that occurred at Cameo last night at 4:20 a.m., where an alleged assault took place," Miami Beach Police Sgt. Bobby Hernandez tells New Times. "We have not confirmed it's the Pouncey brothers that are the subjects, but we are going to have detectives contacting the victims to investigate further."

Cameo -- for those who remember -- is also the same spot the twins found themselves at last year donning "Free Hernandez" caps in honor of their alleged murderous friend and former teammate Aaron.

Last night, though, wasn't about silly hats and smiling brothers. It was, however, still about poor judgement.

At 4:53 a.m. a man named Ricky Vasquez, who describes himself on Twitter as "Event Host. Choreographer. Stylist. TeaOlogist. Free Spirit. Socialite. IG: iRickyVasquez" and has over 7,000 followers tweeted out something harrowing.

IG: iRickyVasquez @iAmRickyVasquez
Follow
I just got jumped by 4 bouncers and the Pouncey Twins at Cameo. I'm going to press charges. My face is swollen
4:53 AM - 12 Jul 2014

Then it got worse.

Follow
Look at my #@&% tooth
5:17 AM - 12 Jul 2014

Follow
This crap is NOT over. I'm #@&% 5'6" both of guys play for the #@&% NFL
5:07 AM - 12 Jul 2014

What exactly set off the Pouncey's and what happened afterward is still being learned, but Vasquez took to his Instagram with multiple videos of him either in tears or trying to explain what happened.

"I didn't know that stuff like this actually #@&% happens to people," he says in one video. "All I can remember is standing in a crowded club and this big guy keeps hitting me in my back, I look at him and I'm like, OK, he's obviously turned up. And he just keeps hitting me. I ignore it. I keep ignoring the guy -- he's calling me a faggot.

I realize that there's two of the guys. Now they're both in my face. The next thing I know, Honey tries to break it up. One of them punches Honey in the face, the other one punches me or the same one, I don't know. Security comes.

The woman Vasquez calls Honey also took to social media, her caption reading: "Went inside @Cameomia 10 minutes just to be punched in my face by Marquise [sic] Pouncey for trying to stop him and his brother mike from beating the crap out of my friend @irickyvasquez. Filed a report even though the Police said nothing probably will be done about this situation. These athletes get on all these #@&% drugs and act an butt knowing they will be protected by these clubs because of how much money they spend in their clubs but I'm not gonna let this crap rest. I'm a female and I won't Stand for no man putting their hands on me."

According to Miami Beach Police, however, no reports have been filed.

"Usually, if there's an incident involving a celebrity, there's a special incident report and I haven't seen or heard anything. I'm sure I would have," Miami Beach Police Sgt. Bobby Hernandez tells New Times.

"I would tell the victim, they need to file a police report and come forth, otherwise it's just speculation and we can't disparage someone's name just because they say so," Hernandez says. "And what she says about what the police told her has to be absolutely false. I think even Justin Bieber can attest -- we don't give anyone special treatment here, it's just a matter of her actually coming forward and filing a report."

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/ ... claims.php

Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:24 am
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Re: Pouncey Bros Assaulted Man at Miami Nightclub, Victim Says
Yes....we should wait for all the facts to surface....yes we shouldn't judge....but this is just stupid. These guys have no idea how to act when out and about. fbomb

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:24 am
Profile YIM
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I've always said this guy is just trouble. I wanted a center somewhere in this draft just in case.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:10 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... t-accuser/

Quote:
Source says evidence indicates Pounceys did not assault accuser

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 12, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Maurkice Pouncey
AP
Although police are investigating after a man claimed early this morning that he was assaulted by Dolphins center Mike Pouncey and Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT the preliminary evidence indicates the Pounceys were not involved in the alleged assault.

The Pouncey twins were having their annual birthday party at the Cameo nightclub in Miami Beach on Friday night and into Saturday morning. A man named Ricky Vasquez posted several messages on Twitter and Instagram saying he was assaulted at the club by four bouncers and the Pouncey twins.

Vasquez said he went to the hospital for medical treatment that included 10 stitches.

Police have confirmed they are investigating the situation but have not confirmed that the Pounceys are the subjects of the investigation.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:14 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Pouncey brothers are trouble, but I just can't get past the fact that he was just standing there and one of the Poucey's decided to just hit him.

Quote:
"All I can remember is standing in a crowded club and this big guy keeps hitting me in my back, I look at him and I'm like, OK, he's obviously turned up. And he just keeps hitting me.

Now, this does sound like something a football player would say, but is he trying to throw out the "gay" card since it is a hot topic right now?

Quote:
-- he's calling me a faggot.

We'll play the wait game, but football players do seem to come out clean a lot of the times on barroom fights.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I say hes done. Miami was willing to move a much more talented player in marshall for similar things.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Hey may not even have been involved in the incident. Not sure if he is done yet.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:00 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Same could be said about marshall but he was shipped out pretty fast

Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:41 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

They are friends with Hernadez, just saying.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:59 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

If 4 bouncers grabbed him maybe he did something to start the incident.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:16 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Regardless of the outcome it just seems like trouble will always find this guy. And he's a center. Just sayin.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:37 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Manhattan wrote:
I say hes done. Miami was willing to move a much more talented player in marshall for similar things.

I will say Philbin will practice hypocrisy on Pouncey, if guilty. Lets face it though. Pouncey is still making poor decision and not bringing positive news.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:36 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Big Dave wrote:
The Pouncey brothers are trouble, but I just can't get past the fact that he was just standing there and one of the Poucey's decided to just hit him.

Quote:
"All I can remember is standing in a crowded club and this big guy keeps hitting me in my back, I look at him and I'm like, OK, he's obviously turned up. And he just keeps hitting me.

I just find it hard to believe that he was just standing there and all of a sudden he was attacked ... for no reason.

That justs doesn't make any sense. Plus the bouncers were involved, too. Something really smells.

I don't think it totally compares to Brandon Marshall either. While they both do seem to find trouble away from the game, the difference is that Pouncey is a great teammate on the field. Marshall needed babysitting in practice and on game day. The coaches had to always keep an eye on him.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:14 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
I don't think it totally compares to Brandon Marshall either. While they both do seem to find trouble away from the game, the difference is that Pouncey is a great teammate on the field. Marshall needed babysitting in practice and on game day. The coaches had to always keep an eye on him.

So far Marshall is having no issues in Chicago. Why? He even has a WR taking looks away and is not having an issue? The difference in Miami / Chicago is what? Maturity? Coach that actually knows how to coach?

Also, loved the way you put this. "Pouncey is a great teammate on the field."

Quote:
G: iRickyVasquez @iAmRickyVasquez

I just got jumped by 4 bouncers and the Pouncey Twins at Cameo. I'm going to press charges. My face is swollen

AKA I'm going to sue.

I have no idea what happen & frankly have little to no interest. With the bullying last yr. The Free Hernandez hats and this, plus anything else I might be forgetting. I do wonder if Philbin will be so quick to kick Pouncey to the curb considering his footing is not what it once was in the org.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:37 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I have bit of advice. Stay out of clubs Pouncey unless you go to a private area where only your family and real friends are invited, otherwise, if you ask me, those are environments where trouble always seems to find a professional athlete.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:18 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Finhead34 wrote:
I have bit of advice. Stay out of clubs Pouncey unless you go to a private area where only your family and real friends are invited, otherwise, if you ask me, those are environments where trouble always seems to find a professional athlete.

This.

I'm not sure if he is guilty or innocent here, but due to his past he has set himself up as a lightning rod for trouble. People know his reputation will always work against him, even when he is innocent, so they will go after him.

Whether or not he has played his last game as a Dolphin depends on how well either Shelley Smith, Sam Brenner, Nate Garner or the UDFA from Utah St (I think) can step up as a starting center thru camp and the preseason.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:48 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

In one way he is like Marshall, people have built up a ton of crap around him as being stupid or trouble, and yet, what has he done?

Same as Marshall, you want to run him out of town for nothing so he can go be a superstar elsewhere.

Maybe, just maybe, if we didn't have boy scout rules on a mans team, in a sport that NEEDS tough nasty guys, this wouldn't be an issue, as it shouldn't.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:09 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
They are friends with Hernadez, just saying.

So isn;t Tom Brady and Billycheat.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:12 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Quote:
a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT the preliminary evidence indicates the Pounceys were not involved in the alleged assault.

Case closed...

:ann0y:

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:33 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
According to the Miami Beach police, the Pouncey twins have not been connected to the incident, and as of Tuesday evening Vasquez has not cooperated with the investigation.

"The alleged victims have not come in to meet with the detectives and that is delaying the process," Sgt. Bobby Hernandez said Tuesday evening.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/dolphins-blog/sfl-mike-and-maurkice-pouncey-proclaim-their-innocence-against-assault-accusations-20140715,0,3224144.story

Yeah, let's get rid of the guy because he's nothing but trouble. :hithead: I am far from an apologist for athlete behavior, but let's try to get the facts before we assume every gold-mining scum-bag's story is legit. Should he have been at a club at 4 a.m. or whatever? Probably not. The worst thing he can be accused of in light of all these incidents is bad judgement. Let's move on, shall we? If it turns out that he did assault this guy, then charge him like you would anybody else and let the league and team decide how to deal with it accordingly, but that's not how it looks right now, is it?

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:07 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Pouncey is going nowhere.

I smell a defamation lawsuit coming ....

Quote:
“Mike and Maurkice were not involved in any altercation with the accuser or anyone else that night and did nothing wrong,” Jeff Ostrow wrote in the statement to the paper. “It appears that the accuser is an opportunist seeking attention and possible financial gain. Any attempt by the accuser or anyone else to bring an action against them based upon these false allegations will be vigorously defended. If the accuser continues to perpetuate these lies, we will bring an action against him.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... hese-lies/

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:04 am
Profile WWW

The "victims" also refused treatment from fire rescue. You're all messed up but refuse medical attention?

Smells fishy but let's see how it all plays out.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]