View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Grimes is impressed with rookie WR Jarvis Landry 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Grimes is impressed with rookie WR Jarvis Landry
Quote:
At a time when one team in the AFC East hopes/needs a rookie receiver to make a big impact, another team in the AFC East found a potential impact player without giving up a pair of first-round picks and a fourth-round pick.

Miami’s counter to Bills receiver Sammy Watkins could be Jarvis Landry, a second-round pick from LSU.

Appearing on Friday’s edition of PFT Live, Dolphins cornerback Brent Grimes said that Landry has impressed so far in offseason workouts, making a variety of one-handed catches on a regular basis.

Of course, there’s a significant gap between making plays in T-shirts and shorts and getting it done when facing an NFL-caliber defensive back in a real game. For now, though, Landry is looking like a wise investment of the 63rd overall pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... r/related/

Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:42 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Grimes is impressed with rookie WR Jarvis Landry
Quote:
Of course, there’s a significant gap between making plays in T-shirts and shorts and getting it done when facing an NFL-caliber defensive back in a real game. For now, though, Landry is looking like a wise investment of the 63rd overall pick.

This sums it up for the time being. However, I certainly hope he becomes a star in this league.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:46 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Finhead34 wrote:
Quote:

This sums it up for the time being. However, I certainly hope he becomes a star in this league.

I'll add a key fragment to your sentence. I certainly hope he becomes a star in this league for the Miami Dolphins.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Coots, Lord knows Miami has jettisoned some good players that somehow struggle or don't break out with them, leave the team, then flourish.

Hope the kid is the real deal and helps improve the offense.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:31 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Watching film on him he attacks the ball. There were times he wasn't even in the best position, ie the CB had a better shot and he came up with it. This is the kind of WR Tannehill needs. A goto guy when he needs a first down.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:55 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It's nice to hear positive news about a rookie for once, I'll take it!

Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:31 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I think the passing game is poised for big things this season. The more I read and hear the more confident I become.

I'm not sure there will be enough opportunities for Landry to have a monster rookie season, but it sounds like he could be THAT guy when you need a 1st down.

Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:32 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

He had an interview with some sportscaster just prior to the draft a few months back, and was asked about the difference between him and his LSU teammate Odell Beckham Jr. He said that Odell was the "speed guy", and he (Landry) was the "reliable one". Dude definitely has a lot of confidence to go with his skill set.

Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]