View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Top 10 observations from Miami Dolphins OTAs 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Top 10 observations from Miami Dolphins OTAs
Joe Philbin believes the Miami Dolphins have put in so much work, made so much progress during this offseason's practices, that his team is ready to play a game tomorrow. The big question is would they play well enough to win that game? Here are 10 observations the Sun-Sentinel has made from the four practice sessions the media has been allowed to watch. -- Omar Kelly

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... otogallery

Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:48 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Top 10 observations from Miami Dolphins OTAs
It is great to read about the positives early on in OTA's, but until the pads come on, for me it is all pretty much meaningless. One of the folks I am most excited about is Lamar Miller. In a Bill Lazor offense, Miller could become Miami's version of LeSean McCoy and I really expect this kid's numbers to jump considerably because of his speed and open field agility coupled with the new offensive scheme which is specifically designed to get the offensive players into space which is why McCoy's numbers are so big allowing him to exploit his strengths in the open field.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:55 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:
One of the folks I am most excited about is Lamar Miller. In a Bill Lazor offense, Miller could become Miami's version of LeSean McCoy and I really expect this kid's numbers to jump considerably because of his speed and open field agility coupled with the new offensive scheme which is specifically designed to get the offensive players into space which is why McCoy's numbers are so big allowing him to exploit his strengths in the open field.

Definitely the year for Tannehill and Lamar. There will be no excuses after this season with the exception of any team crippling injuries.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

This new offense is specifically designed to create mismatches against defenses and get guys into open space. Lots of movement too.

No doubt the uptempo to go along with it should be much more exciting. I see Mike Wallace getting a lot more yards after the catch and I see Lamar Miller getting larger clips of yards running as well as catching out of the backfield.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:32 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I think most of us want to think that too but the past several years have avoided passing to RBs so much that its almost hard to hope for that in the offense.

The bigger questions are Do you think Lamar can handle 40 receptions? & what about Knowshown? He had 60 receptions last year in Denver, don't you think he would get the bulk here? I'm sure he'll be in better shape in the next two months

Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:43 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Stephen Williams is intriguing. Wonder if he can do enough to make the team

Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:56 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Finhead34 wrote:
This new offense is specifically designed to create mismatches against defenses and get guys into open space. Lots of movement too.

No doubt the uptempo to go along with it should be much more exciting. I see Mike Wallace getting a lot more yards after the catch and I see Lamar Miller getting larger clips of yards running as well as catching out of the backfield.

Be careful about getting your hopes up with an up tempo offense. With that type of offense, you have to have near flawless execution and keep the mistakes to a minimum. Otherwise, you have an offense that goes three and out and eats up only 20 seconds off the clock, putting more pressure on your defense.

An up tempo offense can turn a great team into an elite one, but it can also turn a mediocre team into a horrible one.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:01 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Finhead34 wrote:
One of the folks I am most excited about is Lamar Miller.

Omar likes what he sees with Miller as well:

Omar Kelly wrote:
Q2: Why does Lamar Miller fit this Dolphins offense better than Mike Sherman’s schemes and approach?

ANSWER: Because Miller’s speed allows him to make the stretch runs that fuel the east-west aspect of a spread offense. Miller's better runs last year feature him getting outside the tackles, which is a staple of his skill set. The problem is Miller has to do a better job catching the ball and blocking to be a three-down tailback.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... l+Blogs%29

Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]