View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Greg Cote: Miami trades down, still gets good player 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Greg Cote: Miami trades down, still gets good player
Quote:
By GREG COTE
gcote@MiamiHerald.com
It all worked out. Somehow. Against odds, defying logic and dumbfounding supposed experts, the Dolphins traded down in the first round of Thursday night's NFL Draft -- way down -- and still managed to get a player they liked at a position of need.

Bonus: The hated, nemesis, rival, stinkin' New York Jets, picking next at 29th, also coveted Odrick and likely would have picked him a minute later. So even if you are not thrilled about Miami's night, picture Rex Ryan's moment of sadness and feel better.

They didn't get Williams, but filled the same position with Odrick. And the second-round pick gained as well means, in effect, that Miami acquired Marshall for one second-round pick, not two.

That's a bargain.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/23/1 ... z0ltoyFdam

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Greg Cote: Miami trades down, still gets good player
I am sure that Odrick will be a good player for us and I think Miami did well getting that second round pick back, so ultimately I agree, but how ironic that at their original 12th pick slot that ALL the hyped players on Miami's board were still available:

Earl Thomas, Dan Williams, Dez Bryant, Sergio Kindle, Morgan, Pierre and NONE of them were blue chip "enough" in the regime's mind to pull the trigger as they must have felt enough strong value in Odrick as a potential day one starter and then of course recoup the second rounder, which could also turn into another starter.

I just found it interesting that all of the fan picks were still available and we ended up with none of them.

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]