View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 jeremy hill 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post jeremy hill
I'm liking this guy. Seems like a good fit for the zone blocking scheme and he breakes tackles, something we didn't see much of last year. NFL.com has him going in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, but I think with the RB market the way it is he might be had in the 3rd.

What do you guys think?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/jeremy-hill?id=2543603

Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:52 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: jeremy hill
Love Jeremy Hill. He's not as fast as Hyde, doesn't break as many tackles, didnt have the spread offense to balance him like Hyde did but he can do basically everything Hyde can. The best thing about him is that he can also block which idk if that's something Hyde is really talented at. Key is this, will his past troubles come back to haunt him? If not he'd be my #2 option at rb in this draft no question

Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:42 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I don't think we'll take a RB or WR in this draft.........too many other needs. Not sure the order, but I see at least 2 OL, 1 LB, safety, QB, DT and TE. We'll bring in undrafted RB's & WR's...........maybe one of them will stick.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:52 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

shularino wrote:
I don't think we'll take a RB or WR in this draft.........too many other needs. Not sure the order, but I see at least 2 OL, 1 LB, safety, QB, DT and TE. We'll bring in undrafted RB's & WR's...........maybe one of them will stick.

Tbh all we need is a ot and og desperately. Ilb is iffy after Mosely in that I havent seen another guy that seems to get many excited except maybe Borland. Safety to me is really deep in later rounds with guys who have ball skills and te tbh we can sign an Owen Daniels and he does everything we need. Wrs a bigger need then you think since 3 of our 5 wrs are recovering from knee injuries and Morenos on a 1 year deal while Millers got to prove more so they arent untouchable either

Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:57 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I have Jeremy going to Miami in the 3rd round, so I obviously think the Dolphins will take a RB, 2 as a matter of fact with Dri Archer being able to be a RB/WR/KR guy.

Any team that looks at Jeremy will have to check his past transgression thoroughly, as they are serious. That said, he is that big back that is good in the pass game as a receiver as as a pass protector, although not as good as Carlos Hyde.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:01 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I don't think Hill fits our new brand of 'good guys' off the field.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:45 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

[quote="swerve13"]I don't think Hill fits our new brand of 'good guys' off the field.[/quote

Possibly. Hill certainly has some off the field issues that need to be investigated. I read on the Miami Herald from Armando Salguero that Miami has shown interest in Towson RB Terrance West.

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:33 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Terence West is the back that I want if we wait til the 4th or 5th round, keep hearing alot of good things about him. I'm a big fan of taking him.

Quote:
After studying Towson RB Terrance West's game tape, NFL Films guru Greg Cosell believes the small-school back is a "fascinating" prospect who "certainly has the skill set of a foundation runner."
We've been impressed by West's size-speed combination and open-field jump cuts. He ran 4.54 at the Combine at 5-foot-9, 225. "You saw a lot of NFL runs and traits," Cosell said of West's college tape. "He had patience, he pressed the hole, he had vision, he had low pad level. He ran through contact. He finished with power. I thought he had a very natural feel as a runner." West projects as a third- to fourth-round pick

Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:34 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

swerve13 wrote:
Terence West is the back that I want if we wait til the 4th or 5th round, keep hearing alot of good things about him. I'm a big fan of taking him.

Quote:
After studying Towson RB Terrance West's game tape, NFL Films guru Greg Cosell believes the small-school back is a "fascinating" prospect who "certainly has the skill set of a foundation runner."
We've been impressed by West's size-speed combination and open-field jump cuts. He ran 4.54 at the Combine at 5-foot-9, 225. "You saw a lot of NFL runs and traits," Cosell said of West's college tape. "He had patience, he pressed the hole, he had vision, he had low pad level. He ran through contact. He finished with power. I thought he had a very natural feel as a runner." West projects as a third- to fourth-round pick

Both NFL.com and the CBS site had good things to say about him as well. He someone the Dolphins have certainly shown interest in.

Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]