View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 what Joe Philbin had to say about new free agents 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post what Joe Philbin had to say about new free agents
Barry Jackson wrote:
On Branden Albert: “We’ve been studying him for a couple years. We feel like he’s a good fit schematically, will be good in the locker-room. All the research we did is he’s a good person. There are good clips of him on the back side and front side on outside zone plays that you want an outside tackle to do.” (And the Dolphins will remain a zone blocking team in their running game, incidentally.)

On guard Shelley Smith, who started just two of the 14 games he appeared in last season: “Really liked his ability to pull and run and move. He’s schematically a good fit for what we do.”

On cornerback Cortland Finnegan: “We studied the tape extensively. We liked what we saw on film. He will have to earn play time just like anybody else. The one thing he does give us is some position flexibility. He played some inside (slot); he can play outside.”

On safety Louis Delmas: “He’s very aggressive and he doesn’t hesitate. That play speed, that tempo he brings to the defense are things we feel he can add.”

On defensive tackle Earl Mitchell: “He runs to the football every single snap and plays hard. He’s only missed one game in four years. He’s been durable and available.”

Philbin said he and Dennis Hickey watched tape of all the free agents the Dolphins signed “so we both would have a comfort level. It’s not good if only one person has a comfort level.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-b ... rylink=cpy

Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: what Joe Philbin had to say about new free agents
Maybe I'm reading into this more than I should, but that last comment seems like a parting shot to Ireland.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:28 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

k-dash wrote:
Maybe I'm reading into this more than I should, but that last comment seems like a parting shot to Ireland.

Isn't Philbin a saucy little wench???

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:29 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
Philbin said he and Dennis Hickey watched tape of all the free agents the Dolphins signed “so we both would have a comfort level. It’s not good if only one person has a comfort level.”

Uh...I'd sure hope they watched taped of the players they're giving million dollar contracts too, and the future of the franchise...that should go without saying.

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]