View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Fins renew attempts to trade WR Mike Wallace - La Canfora 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Post Re: Fins renew attempts to trade WR Mike Wallace - La Canfora
Rock, I am glad you asked, because yes I do.

If that taxi cab player we picked up does not pick Brady off in that game, NE receiver probably makes an easy catch and the Patriots win.

After Tannehill throws a quick pick 6 and leads us back, the Steelers receiver scores a TD, after a forward lateral, and the player barely steps out of bounds.

A forward lateral occurs when any player, who has advanced beyond the line of scrimmage (in gridiron) or at any time in rugby, passes the ball forward to another player who is any distance ahead of the passing player.

BTW- The term "forward lateral" is not found in the official NFL rulebook.

So those 2 wins could have gone either way.

d-1

Rock Sexton wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:
Yes, that means something to me, its called production. Devlin beat the Saints and showed me guts and glory. the Saints destroyed a Ryan Tannehill led offense.

I have not seen any of that from Ryan Tannehill, at all. (greatness, guts and glory)

I'm I saying Devlin is a sure thing, NO, but we will never find out if he sits on the bench.

Like I've said before, if we were the Patriots, we ride Drew Bledsoe over Tom Brady into the Indian Ocean, before benching the Franchise QB.

d-1

D-1 you can't be serious with this response. Ryan Tannehill has been inconsistent and I'm not personally willing to call him the future of the franchise quite yet. However, you're going to highlight a preseason game vs. the Saints that Devlin played in? Did you not watch the NE game and Pitt game towards the end of 2013 in which Tannehill showed plenty of guts/glory?

Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:11 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

rodneyfaile wrote:
You said the same thing at Finsiders about Thigpen. I guess it's just your "shtick."

Yes, I did say something about Thigpen, but darn, we had Chad Henne and we weren't going anywhere with him.

I'd take Thigpen over Henne any day.

Thigpen failed, I admit it.

I didn't want Chad Pennigton here either and cringed when we brought him here, I said he was brittle and a waste of time, I was wrong here too, he won the AFC East for us and we made the playoffs, where anything can happen.

I can say this about Pennigton, that I did not know, he was one of the most accurate NFL Passer in NFL history, a stat I did not know either, prior to coming to the Dolphins.

d-1

Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphans1 wrote:

If that taxi cab player we picked up does not pick Brady off in that game, NE receiver probably makes an easy catch and the Patriots win.

After Tannehill throws a quick pick 6 and leads us back, the Steelers receiver scores a TD, after a forward lateral, and the player barely steps out of bounds.

A forward lateral occurs when any player, who has advanced beyond the line of scrimmage (in gridiron) or at any time in rugby, passes the ball forward to another player who is any distance ahead of the passing player.

d-1

To overcome your own mistakes in order to come back and take the lead in important games like that is the quintessential example of guts/glory. Not all the games are going to be decisive blowouts. There's a reason why the statistics show there's so much parity these days and the games boil down to a handful of important plays.

While I do agree Tannehill needs to stop making those kinds of mistakes to begin with (which leads to my inconsistency comments), you're simply try to marginalize his overall performance in those games in order to lead to some bizarre conclusion about Devlin.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:24 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

dolphans1 wrote:

d-1

Rock Sexton wrote:
dolphans1 wrote:
Yes, that means something to me, its called production. Devlin beat the Saints and showed me guts and glory. the Saints destroyed a Ryan Tannehill led offense.

I have not seen any of that from Ryan Tannehill, at all. (greatness, guts and glory)

I'm I saying Devlin is a sure thing, NO, but we will never find out if he sits on the bench.

Like I've said before, if we were the Patriots, we ride Drew Bledsoe over Tom Brady into the Indian Ocean, before benching the Franchise QB.

d-1

D-1 you can't be serious with this response. Ryan Tannehill has been inconsistent and I'm not personally willing to call him the future of the franchise quite yet. However, you're going to highlight a preseason game vs. the Saints that Devlin played in? Did you not watch the NE game and Pitt game towards the end of 2013 in which Tannehill showed plenty of guts/glory?

If we stopped the Panthers on 4th down or Mike Wallace makes the last second catch we win. If Clabo wasn't so bad and Mario Williams didnt get an easy sack on T-Hill we win that first game. If Brandon Gibson doesn't dive for the ball but instead catches it in stride great chance he goes for a td and we beat Baltimore. Thats easily just 3 games that we could've won and a few more that I could name. The NFL goes down to a few plays every game hell NE had miracle wins weekly all last season

Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:27 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

dolphans1 wrote:
There's some part truth to some of what you wrote and some not so truths. I wont get into all the facts, because I did so over on the other board and spent a lot of time going back and forth.

But in summary, Bledsoe was supposed to be the man, and Brady the over achiever and I guarantee you, if we were the Patriots then, and FH followers, they never would have benched Bledsoe and casted him off.

Bledsoe was benched.
I do not visit the other board, so I cannot speak to anything you have posted there.

Sorry, but there is not some parts truth in what I wrote. Its all truth. There is no disputing that Bledsoe was 5-13 over his last 18 games. He was knocked out for the majority of the yr. in Game 2 of the yr. Brady was something like 8-3 while Bledsoe was healing.

Yes, Bledsoe was supposed to be the man & he was for a few yrs. However, in 2001 Bledsoe did not lose his job as much as Brady simply took it, while Bledsoe was hurt. He did not return to the starting lineup because he lost his job to poor play by him & better QB play by Brady..

If a new QB comes in & plays like Brady played. Even the ignorant Phins would make that call of putting an underperforming Qb on the bench.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:45 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

This could be the most laughable discussion I've ever witnessed.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:51 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Is LaCanfora gonna recycle the other old tidbit that Wake and Jordan are going to be traded too??

Once I saw the author I knew it was BS. Hartline isn't even 100% and he isn't a #1 WR. If they go into the season with an injured #2 WR trying to be a #1 WR who they "think" should be ready by opening day, then Hickey and Philbin are trading away their careers. Neither will last beyond this year. This is just made up stuff again by La Canfira. Wallace has an untradable contract.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:12 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

TommyNoleFin wrote:
Is LaCanfora gonna recycle the other old tidbit that Wake and Jordan are going to be traded too??

Once I saw the author I knew it was BS. Hartline isn't even 100% and he isn't a #1 WR. If they go into the season with an injured #2 WR trying to be a #1 WR who they "think" should be ready by opening day, then Hickey and Philbin are trading away their careers. Neither will last beyond this year. This is just made up stuff again by La Canfira. Wallace has an untradable contract.

This. While his body catches drive me nuts, no one can argue that Wallace doesn't open up a ton of space for other receivers to operate. Could Tannehill be more accurate on his deep passes to him? Absolutely. But lets not pretend like Wallace was pulling in 12-15 TDs per season from Roethlisberger. I expect Tannehill and Wallace to have better chemistry and Lazor to be more creative in designing routes for Wallace.

Hartline, Gibson and Binns are coming off of knee injuries. There are no solid contingency options for Miami. Even if Miami traded up for Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans you'd have no idea what they will contribute next year.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:31 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

jammer wrote:
TommyNoleFin wrote:

This. While his body catches drive me nuts, no one can argue that Wallace doesn't open up a ton of space for other receivers to operate. Could Tannehill be more accurate on his deep passes to him? Absolutely. But lets not pretend like Wallace was pulling in 12-15 TDs per season from Roethlisberger. I expect Tannehill and Wallace to have better chemistry and Lazor to be more creative in designing routes for Wallace.

Hartline, Gibson and Binns are coming off of knee injuries. There are no solid contingency options for Miami. Even if Miami traded up for Sammy Watkins or Mike Evans you'd have no idea what they will contribute next year.

If they are going the receiver route in the first round, I'd rather see them stand pat and grab Kelvin Benjamin.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:11 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

TommyNoleFin wrote:
If they are going the receiver route in the first round, I'd rather see them stand pat and grab Kelvin Benjamin.

I don't think they will go receiver unless someone slips and they can grab him later in the draft.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:14 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I keep hearing that this WR draft is the deepest in history and you can find 1-2nd rd talent in the 3rd 4th rd.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:36 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I agree Mak and why Miami would even consider drafting a Florida State Seminole with their first pick is beyond me anyway!!! :haha

Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:50 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
I keep hearing that this WR draft is the deepest in history and you can find 1-2nd rd talent in the 3rd 4th rd.

Man this draft is going to drive me nuts if we don't get someone out of that pool.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:10 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

dolphans1 wrote:
the number of picks versus TD ratios

You do realize it is a statistical fact that Ryan Tannehill had 7 more TDs than INTs last season.

But don't let the facts get in the way of sheer subjectivity.

Anyone who thinks Devlin should start over Tannehill shouldn't get the courtesy of a response from anyone on this board.

Consider yourself blessed.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:08 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It's his opinion guys, give him a little a break. I would say that I disagree with Delvin being the starter over RT. Heck, I'll go out on a limb and say Delvin won't ever start for anyone in the league.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:18 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

TommyNoleFin wrote:

I wonder if someone with the Dolphins is feeding him a lot of crap on purpose.

:fart:

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:32 am
Profile WWW

Makchell wrote:
It's his opinion guys

Fishing should be outlawed and all fishermen should be sentenced to death.

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:32 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Makchell wrote:

Man this draft is going to drive me nuts if we don't get someone out of that pool.

Any specific targets in mind?

Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3