View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
 OT: Jets release Mark Sanchez, sign Michael Vick 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post OT: Jets release Mark Sanchez, sign Michael Vick
Quote:
Jets signed QB Michael Vick to a one-year, $5 million contract. The deal was reported just minutes after the release of Mark Sanchez. The Jets get their top choice at quarterback, reuniting Vick with former OC Marty Mornhinweg. Vick threw for 1,215 yards, five touchdowns, and three interceptions over six starts with the Eagles last year, completing just 54.6 percent of his passes. Despite his obvious decline over the past three seasons, Vick's veteran skill-set should make him the favorite for the starting job over Geno Smith. Rex Ryan is entering a make-or-break year in 2014.

Jets released QB Mark Sanchez. The Jets attempted to trade Sanchez for a late-round pick and considered keeping him on a revised deal, but this was the expected move all along. By releasing Sanchez, the Jets create $8.3 million in cap savings and avoid paying his $2 million roster bonus. The Texans are expected to show interest in Sanchez as a veteran stopgap, but he's likely ticketed for a backup job coming off two turnover-prone seasons. Sanchez is five months removed from shoulder surgery and expected to be ready for training camp.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... r-$5m-deal

Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:21 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: OT: Jets release Mark Sanchez, sign Michael Vick
Good. Cannot wait for Cameron Wake to get a hold of Vick. :haha

Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:39 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Rex Ryan is entering a make-or-break year in 2014.

This has been said every pre season the past 3 seasons lmao. 2015 will also be a "make or break" year for the Fat Man.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:59 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
2015 will also be a "make or break" year for the Fat Man.

Maybe for the Jets, but my guess is that Rex Ryan will have a head coaching job in 5 minutes (lol) if he is let go by the Jets next year. He is colorful, so, there is a good chance that he may become a color commentator and make some real money.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:13 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Just when I didn't think you could get any lower than Sanchez they do this...

AHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:59 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

jets suck

Vick and Decker will be stressed out when the local media rides them for their inconsistencies

Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:42 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Vick signs one year deal with the Jets
From NFL.com

"Vick, 33, not only has a major experience edge, but also offers a mastery of Marty Mornhinweg's offense after starting 36 games in four years under the former Eagles coordinator."

I say it's better than 50% he starts.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000336067/article/michael-vick-signs-with-new-york-jets

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

If the Jets complete a deal for DJax, we can scoff all we want but they are clearly improving themselves. Are we? Albert is an upgrade, but that's it so far. Don't get me wrong... I like what they've done with resigning Starks and Grimes, and the Smith signing makes sense, but none of that looks like improvement. It's maintaining. Maintaining an 8-8 roster is not the goal. I will breath a little easier when I see that there is clear improvement on the rest of the O-line.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:53 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

We still have the better QB. As for hot seat coaches in make or break year ... when it comes to that we live in a glass house. At least the players play hard for Ryan.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:14 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

FINesse wrote:
We still have the better QB. As for hot seat coaches in make or break year ... when it comes to that we live in a glass house. At least the players play hard for Ryan.

the players busted their asses for philbin just the adjustments were bad so they were set to fail

Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:26 pm

IDK. I saw a team ready for the golf course the final 2 weeks.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:31 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

FINesse wrote:

That means you have players who literally dont want to make the playoffs because all it took was 1 win to make it in. They darn sure wanted it at Pittsburgh and against NE the prior 2 weeks so lets be real

Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:05 pm

ag_fin_90 wrote:
FINesse wrote:

That means you have players who literally dont want to make the playoffs because all it took was 1 win to make it in. They darn sure wanted it at Pittsburgh and against NE the prior 2 weeks so lets be real

I agree & thats why its so puzzling. 1 win needed vs. 2 inferior teams & you score a donut & then 7 which I think was at garbage time. Against division rivals no less. Anyway , thats the past. Much greener pastures on the horizon. The East should be very worried about us this season. I know we will kill it in the dfaft as well.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:01 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

k-dash wrote:
If the Jets complete a deal for DJax, we can scoff all we want but they are clearly improving themselves. Are we? Albert is an upgrade, but that's it so far. Don't get me wrong... I like what they've done with resigning Starks and Grimes, and the Smith signing makes sense, but none of that looks like improvement. It's maintaining. Maintaining an 8-8 roster is not the goal. I will breath a little easier when I see that there is clear improvement on the rest of the O-line.

Big names don't necessarily translate to improvement.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:21 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Vick never turned out to be the player that a lot of the experts (and us) thought he'd be in the NFL. He's athletically talented but he was never consistent with his arm. One thing you could always count on was that he'd miss several games a year. Geno Smith knew the Jets were going to add a veteran QB but he can't be too unhappy with the choice. He'll see the field sometime this year.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:31 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Vick sucks, period.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:05 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

IamPZ wrote:
k-dash wrote:

Agreed, but in this case Vick is clearly the better option in NY, and DJax would be clearly their best receiver. Is it championship caliber? Prob not, but it's improvement. I ask again, other than Albert, have we improved at all? I think that the best answer for that is maybe.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:50 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

k-dash wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
k-dash wrote:

Agreed, but in this case Vick is clearly the better option in NY, and DJax would be clearly their best receiver. Is it championship caliber? Prob not, but it's improvement. I ask again, other than Albert, have we improved at all? I think that the best answer for that is maybe.

Guaranteed Vick will miss at leats 5 games if he even starts. Name a good cb/safety that they have, their defense showed weakness many times last season also which imo is getting worse during this offseason and we still have yet to see them with a capable offensive coordinator. Dolphins? we will add more to the line and if T-Hill takes the net step we darn sure will easily have improved

Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I would be physically ill if my team signed an old Michael Vick.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

ag_fin_90 wrote:
Guaranteed Vick will miss at leats 5 games if he even starts. Name a good cb/safety that they have, their defense showed weakness many times last season also which imo is getting worse during this offseason and we still have yet to see them with a capable offensive coordinator. Dolphins? we will add more to the line and if T-Hill takes the net step we darn sure will easily have improved

Don't mistake my position as being high praise for old man Vick; he's just better than Jeno IMO, and therefore represents improvement. At some point, either from injury or ineffectiveness, he will become the man in NY and they will be better for it as long as he stays healthy.

As for their defense, I agree they have issues. I didn't say the Jets were going to be awesome, only that they were doing things to improve their team.

You say we WILL add more to the line and IF T-Hill takes the next step...

Without reading into the future, are we better right now? That was my point. I hope we do add a veteran RT and I hope T-Hill takes the next step. I hope we find a running game and our run defense improves. But as of today, next season is still riding on what we hope happens. I'm in SHOW-ME mode, sorry guys. I am skeptically hopeful, if that makes sense.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:24 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

k-dash wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:

Don't mistake my position as being high praise for old man Vick; he's just better than Jeno IMO, and therefore represents improvement. At some point, either from injury or ineffectiveness, he will become the man in NY and they will be better for it as long as he stays healthy.

As for their defense, I agree they have issues. I didn't say the Jets were going to be awesome, only that they were doing things to improve their team.

You say we WILL add more to the line and IF T-Hill takes the next step...

Without reading into the future, are we better right now? That was my point. I hope we do add a veteran RT and I hope T-Hill takes the next step. I hope we find a running game and our run defense improves. But as of today, next season is still riding on what we hope happens. I'm in SHOW-ME mode, sorry guys. I am skeptically hopeful, if that makes sense.

I mean are we better now? I say yes because our biggest hole at lt was filled majorly compared to last year. The Jets to me aren't actually better for all the things that i have said I see them with legit issues that they have to still correct including more on the o line. If you're on a SHOW-ME mode you really have to be that way with the Jets who havent had a passing game in YEARS

Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:47 pm

The Jets suck , we all know that. I mean , c'mon they went 8 - 8 last season.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:02 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Vick will always stink.
With all the dog poop, guts, blood on his hands. He isn't man enough to pick on someone is own size, it has to be a dog.

Torturing the ones he did think were good enough to fight.
And I'll bet when he quits football, he goes back to his old ways.

I'm glad he's not own our team.
This is just my opinion.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
The Jets suck , we all know that. I mean , c'mon they went 8 - 8 last season.

:)

ag_fin_90 wrote:
If you're on a SHOW-ME mode you really have to be that way with the Jets who havent had a passing game in YEARS

OK, I give. The Jets' talent pool is shallower than ours. They have issues all over both sides of the ball... and the same record as us. Their coaching is the difference. I really don't think they will be much improved over last year either, record-wise. I just want solid reasons to believe we will, and I'm still waiting for them. Brandon Albert is one, for sure. So far that's the only one.

Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:14 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Rams are interested in Sanchez backing up Bradford.

Quote:
Coach Jeff Fisher confirmed the Rams have interest in free agent QB Mark Sanchez. Sanchez would be a fine add for the Rams. He spent three years in New York with offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, would be an upgrade on current backup Austin Davis and starter Sam Bradford is coming off an ACL tear. Additionally, Bradford's exorbitant contract contains no more guaranteed money and expires following the 2015 season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5192/mark-sanchez

and also ....

Quote:
Sanchez played under OC Brian Schottenheimer for three seasons and could be a fit in the Rams' West Coast offense.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:16 am
Profile WWW

It makes me sick that this PoS keeps getting more chances.

I don't think now, and never will think that he served his due for what he's done.

Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:19 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Is it just me, or have the Dolphins had serious problems covering TEs and QBs who run?

Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

And to think that we thought Sanchez and Henne would be battling it out for a decade just a few years ago. Both were busts as starting quarterbacks. I do think Sanchez has talent but he is so inconsistent.

Quote:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports free agent Mark Sanchez plans to sign with the Eagles. Sanchez would be choosing Philly over the Rams, who expressed interest in him at the league meetings. With Chip Kelly's Eagles, Sanchez would replace Michael Vick as Nick Foles' primary backup, keeping Matt Barkley on the third string. Still only 27, Sanchez would do well to land with an offensive mastermind surrounded by high-end weapons. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport confirmed Monday the Eagles "will take a hard look" at Sanchez, and are currently having their team doctors check Sanchez's medicals following his 2013 shoulder injury.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:40 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
And to think that we thought Sanchez and Henne would be battling it out for a decade just a few years ago. Both were busts as starting quarterbacks. I do think Sanchez has talent but he is so inconsistent.

I was never impressed with Sanchez but I do think at this point he has to be considered a solid backup.

Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]