View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:10 pm



Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 1912
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Post Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
Don't discount what this guy is saying just because he writes for Bleacher Report, this is a great article:

Quote:
One year ago, he was the Miami Dolphins' next Reggie Bush. Now, people are discounting him completely. Why is everyone giving up on Lamar Miller?

Others are simply glossing over the situation by saying that Miller is incapable of being an every-down back and Miami just needs to go get someone else.

Is that really it? Are we saying that after a one-year trial run on that offense is all Miller gets?

The offensive line was arguably one of the worst in NFL history. Fifty-eight sacks was bad, but trying to watch them open up holes along the middle of the line was even worse.

Tannehill couldn't get the pass game going because of that line, and teams really only had to pay (a little) attention to Mike Wallace down the field.

Other than that, I'm sure defensive coordinators were more than okay with how they stacked up against Miami's offense. Former second-round pick Daniel Thomas was brutal as a complementary back, and has no place on the Dolphins' offense.

One can also just look at Miller's game-by-game statistics to see the inconsistencies in his workload, especially over the second half of the season.

Starting with a Week 7 loss to Buffalo, here are Miller's attempts week-by-week: 9, 18, 16, 7, 4, 10, 22, 6, 15, 3, 17.

How is a young running back (or an offense, for that matter) supposed to get into any type of rhythm with such inconsistency?

Combine that with the well-known struggles of the offensive line and the fact that this was Miller's first season as the lead back, and it's no wonder that he didn't exactly light up score sheets.

Although he may not have done as poorly as people thought. He still averaged 4.0 yards per carry, and caught 26 passes for 170 yards while only fumbling the ball once.

No, Miller will not be a do-it-all workhorse of a back. He can't take 20-25 carries every single game and be effective.

And yes, he can sometimes be hesitant when hitting holes and isn't a great short-yardage back. He definitely [b]needs a power back to complement his explosiveness and speed.[/b]


The writer digs into Sherman's stupidity as a factor of Lamar's inconsistent 2013 in the same article, this is hard to argue against:

Quote:
Mike Sherman also displayed some of the worst play-calling ability that Miami fans have ever seen. His inability to adjust during games was excruciating to watch.

He also seemed to not understand how to establish any type of run game. He came out and defended abandoning the run after the Bills catastrophe in Week 16, but his logic made no sense.

The Bills had arguably the best pass-rush in the league, and one of the worst run defenses. Sherman should have came out and pounded the ball down their throats, but he inexplicably just played right into Buffalo's hands.

There were also reports about Miami players questioning Sherman after his inept play-calling came to a head in Miami's fourth straight loss in Week 8 against the Patriots.

This is pretty much all you need to know about Sherman, per a report by Dan Hanzus:

The Dolphins ran the ball 22 times for 120 yards in the first two quarters, averaging 4.7 yards per carry. The team ran just six times as the game quickly went from 17-3 to 17-17 in the third quarter.

There's no excuse for that kind of stupidity, and Sherman is a big reason that Miami's run (and pass) offense was among the worst in the NFL in 2013.


There is more to the article below:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1980 ... i-dolphins

_________________
Image


Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:51 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6485
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
every team needs 2 quality backs, so we draft one and use them together.


Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
swerve13 wrote:
every team needs 2 quality backs, so we draft one and use them together.

This and the article should basically it as to why Lamar should have more chances easily. Every rb needs consistent touches physically and mentally to be on his game, the o line was terrible so it made it harder, the 1 fumble was darn near a miracle against Cincy when if he made 1 cut its a 50 something yard td so its an anomaly and he's young and will get better. IF we sign a rb itll be short term but I want to draft a rb and build a better o line so this whole running game will work


Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:07 pm
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 9163
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
I will say that our backs were mugged behind the LOS a lot last year.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4638
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
I dont think he is going to be cut or traded at this point, but I really do not think we have some hidden gem.

When I see that track star speed show up at this level I might jump on the bandwagon. But as of now I am hoping for someone else to get excited for...

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:09 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
10acjed wrote:
I dont think he is going to be cut or traded at this point, but I really do not think we have some hidden gem.

When I see that track star speed show up at this level I might jump on the bandwagon. But as of now I am hoping for someone else to get excited for...

When a defense is playing deep most of the time because the o line cant block the front 4 its harder to break huge runs. Now he isnt a 4.3 guy but thats rare and safeties having a head start like they did will make it harder for big runs. Now tell me this in the open field how many times dID Miller get caught from behind?


Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:13 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4638
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
ag_fin_90 wrote:
10acjed wrote:
I dont think he is going to be cut or traded at this point, but I really do not think we have some hidden gem.

When I see that track star speed show up at this level I might jump on the bandwagon. But as of now I am hoping for someone else to get excited for...

When a defense is playing deep most of the time because the o line cant block the front 4 its harder to break huge runs. Now he isnt a 4.3 guy but thats rare and safeties having a head start like they did will make it harder for big runs. Now tell me this in the open field how many times dID Miller get caught from behind?



He is on a rookie deal for 4 years, he will have more chances... Not sure where the idea comes from that he is being "given up on" anyway, maybe some fans are not impressed, but last I checked we have not even contacted a FA running back...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013092203/2013/REG3/falcons@dolphins/watch#menu=highlights
Its at about :10 into it, he hits the hole at the line, gets to open space and was trying to avoid the db in front of him when half of the falcons caught him from behind...

Now it may not have been his shining moment of decisions, but I just do not see the speed factor. Just my 2 cents... Was a fan of his at the U as well, so hoped he would transition..

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:26 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:08 am
Posts: 39
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
Keep Mr. Miller as our running back and find a bulldozer that can gain that 3rd and one everytime, a guy that has powerful legs and is solid as a rock and not afraid to ram through the wall.


Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:55 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
10acjed wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:
10acjed wrote:
I dont think he is going to be cut or traded at this point, but I really do not think we have some hidden gem.

When I see that track star speed show up at this level I might jump on the bandwagon. But as of now I am hoping for someone else to get excited for...

When a defense is playing deep most of the time because the o line cant block the front 4 its harder to break huge runs. Now he isnt a 4.3 guy but thats rare and safeties having a head start like they did will make it harder for big runs. Now tell me this in the open field how many times dID Miller get caught from behind?



He is on a rookie deal for 4 years, he will have more chances... Not sure where the idea comes from that he is being "given up on" anyway, maybe some fans are not impressed, but last I checked we have not even contacted a FA running back...

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2013092203/2013/REG3/falcons@dolphins/watch#menu=highlights
Its at about :10 into it, he hits the hole at the line, gets to open space and was trying to avoid the db in front of him when half of the falcons caught him from behind...

Now it may not have been his shining moment of decisions, but I just do not see the speed factor. Just my 2 cents... Was a fan of his at the U as well, so hoped he would transition..

The only issue I had with that run was the attemps to juke so hard when that isn't a strength in his abilitys. Now the speed was there and the guy who caught up only caught up because of the jukes and when Miller was about to go all the way the guy caught up but that was an 80 yarder written all over it. Even if you disagree you have to agree if he gets multiple chances a game on the second level of defenses he will win more often then not. Get the line together and see what you got


Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4638
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
As I said, I think we will see a bit more of Miller barring some trade deal for a vet or some miraculous chance we strike gold in the draft..

I am just not as optimistic as some folks and wont get mad if we draft a RB early.. I guess its just too many names over the years and waiting for them to break out...

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:30 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
Miller will get exactly what he deserves, which is a shot to compete for the starting job this season. You can make excuses for the kid all day (whether valid or not), but this is a results driven league and he didn't produce the way many wanted him to. I think Miller will split carries with someone we draft in either the 2nd or 3rd round. Personally, I'd like to see the Dolphins add two backs in the draft. Someone like Tre Mason early on (2nd or 3rd), and someone like Kapri Bibbs late (6th or 7th). Then let Miller, Mason, Gillislee, and Bibbs all duke it out for playing time.


Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6798
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
It's also kind of hard to run when you say go-go and the D crashes the line since they knew it was a run.


Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:42 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 1912
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
wkloiber13 wrote:
Someone like Tre Mason early on


Mason and Lamar are very similar RBs, I don't think they would compliment each other very well. I'd prefer Carlos Hyde out of OSU.

_________________
Image


Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:15 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4638
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I'd prefer Carlos Hyde out of OSU.


Screw OSU they just blew my chances at a cool billion.... :cry:

:fart:

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 894
Location: Orlando, Fl
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
The Dolphins should bring in another RB but that does not mean that they should give up on Miller either. Behind that horrible offensive line last year I don't think any RB could have had a great season.


Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:05 am
Profile
Online
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1260
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
silentfaith wrote:
Keep Mr. Miller as our running back and find a bulldozer that can gain that 3rd and one everytime, a guy that has powerful legs and is solid as a rock and not afraid to ram through the wall.



James Wilder

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:13 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4639
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
wkloiber13 wrote:
Miller will get exactly what he deserves, which is a shot to compete for the starting job this season. You can make excuses for the kid all day (whether valid or not), .

Its not an excuse when its valid, its a reason. Miller avg. 4.0 YPC when normally his first move was to avoid a defender in the backfield. Miami actually should be encouraged by this IMO. They do not a big back for the tough yds.


Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:26 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3890
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
Dphins4me wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Miller will get exactly what he deserves, which is a shot to compete for the starting job this season. You can make excuses for the kid all day (whether valid or not), .

Its not an excuse when its valid, its a reason. Miller avg. 4.0 YPC when normally his first move was to avoid a defender in the backfield. Miami actually should be encouraged by this IMO. They do not a big back for the tough yds.


I like that Miller is a legit 1 cut guy. He will find that hole and just burn through it in the blink of an eye.

He had no blocking to speak of last year. That said, I wouldn't mind bringing in Moreno and letting Moreno, Miller, Thomas, Gillislee and Thigpen fight for the 3 (or 4?) spots on the roster.


Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5725
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
Miller's not a guy who at this point can help alleviate O-line deficiencies. The guy needs clean holes all the time. I hope they bring somebody else in here to compete via FA or the draft. We need it.

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:47 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 6006
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
Rock Sexton wrote:
Miller's not a guy who at this point can help alleviate O-line deficiencies. The guy needs clean holes all the time. I hope they bring somebody else in here to compete via FA or the draft. We need it.


I'm usually a member of the patience brigade when it comes to a lot of these guys but even I saw nothing from Miller that got me excited. I've actually yet to see any analyst say anything positive, and they even acknowledge how awful the o-line was.

If he was a receiving/blocking specialist he'd be perfect to pair with a physical back. But my last memory of him blocking was actually running into Tannehill while trying to pick up a blitz (think it was the last game of the year).

Latest rumor I read was Hickey has his eye on a couple of prospects and will turn to FA if he misses out on them.


Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:35 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
jammer wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Miller's not a guy who at this point can help alleviate O-line deficiencies. The guy needs clean holes all the time. I hope they bring somebody else in here to compete via FA or the draft. We need it.


I'm usually a member of the patience brigade when it comes to a lot of these guys but even I saw nothing from Miller that got me excited. I've actually yet to see any analyst say anything positive, and they even acknowledge how awful the o-line was.

If he was a receiving/blocking specialist he'd be perfect to pair with a physical back. But my last memory of him blocking was actually running into Tannehill while trying to pick up a blitz (think it was the last game of the year).

Latest rumor I read was Hickey has his eye on a couple of prospects and will turn to FA if he misses out on them.

If a rb doesnt have an oline he will rarely succeed I mean idk how many rs look good with bad run blocking lines. If Hickey is really saying that then doesnt that say that he trust his current rbs way more the the fa rbs?


Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:39 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 6006
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
ag_fin_90 wrote:
If a rb doesnt have an oline he will rarely succeed I mean idk how many rs look good with bad run blocking lines. If Hickey is really saying that then doesnt that say that he trust his current rbs way more the the fa rbs?


The defense wasn't in the backfield on every play nor was the o-line incapable of opening a hole here or there. Its like blaming all 58 sacks on the o-line for Tannehill when he himself was responsible for probably a dozen. Miller hesitates way too much and RS is correct, unless he has a darn good o-line in front of him that style isn't going to work. So why would Hickey use a square peg in a round hole approach? Find a more bruising back to combine with a someone who pass blocks/receives.

I don't think the rumors about Hickey say anything regarding trust. Just means he's not going to pay a 3rd down specialist like Moreno 3 million dollars when he might be able to get that in the draft for a fraction of the cost.

And the same goes for Moreno. Why would he take a discount deal in Miami when a more desperate team could offer more after the draft? Its all money/value at this point.


Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:47 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
If you say so, we havent had a good oline to show what Miller can do with it but if you think you already know and he wont get better then ok. I still havent seen a rb succeed with a bad offensive line other then true Hall of Famers and that isnt what a team desperately needs to succeed just get rbs who can gt short yardage, long yardage,block and catch. Moreno is a 3rd down specialist? He had over 1500 yards last year soooooo yeah he isnt great but a 3rd down specialist can't even get a thousand yards total because of lack of playing time. Finally, Moreno doesnt have to sign because its now about finding the best short term deal but if he was really highly regarded as a need rb he'd have more then 1 visit at this point ijs


Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:58 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 6006
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
ag_fin_90 wrote:
If you say so, we havent had a good oline to show what Miller can do with it but if you think you already know and he wont get better then ok. I still havent seen a rb succeed with a bad offensive line other then true Hall of Famers and that isnt what a team desperately needs to succeed just get rbs who can gt short yardage, long yardage,block and catch. Moreno is a 3rd down specialist? He had over 1500 yards last year soooooo yeah he isnt great but a 3rd down specialist can't even get a thousand yards total because of lack of playing time. Finally, Moreno doesnt have to sign because its now about finding the best short term deal but if he was really highly regarded as a need rb he'd have more then 1 visit at this point ijs


I'm having a hard time understanding your post. You seem to disagree that Moreno's role going forward is more than a 3rd down specialist or complimentary guy, but then say that if he was that good he'd have more visits lined up. Doesn't that contradict itself? In Miami he'd get a shot to compete but they seem to be after his ability to block and be a receiving threat.

As for Miller, I know you are going to defend him til the end but I'm just not seeing any evidence that the brass is sold on him. He may very well earn the right to be Miami's starter next year and that would be great for him. But nothing he has accomplished so far will stop the GM from pursuing alternatives. Its why Moreno visited, its why they studied Tre Mason heavily at the combine and its why we keep reading articles about Miami needing to upgrade.

My feeling is that if Hickey subscribed to what this article is suggesting then you wouldn't hear these rumors and there wouldn't be a source from inside the organization saying that there were worries among the staff about how hesitant Miller is. I'm not an expert by any means, just going off the evidence. Its why I asked in the other thread if people think Miller will be designated an Ireland mistake and eventually cut at the end of the summer after Hickey/Philbin bring in their own guys.


Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:24 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
jammer wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:
If you say so, we havent had a good oline to show what Miller can do with it but if you think you already know and he wont get better then ok. I still havent seen a rb succeed with a bad offensive line other then true Hall of Famers and that isnt what a team desperately needs to succeed just get rbs who can gt short yardage, long yardage,block and catch. Moreno is a 3rd down specialist? He had over 1500 yards last year soooooo yeah he isnt great but a 3rd down specialist can't even get a thousand yards total because of lack of playing time. Finally, Moreno doesnt have to sign because its now about finding the best short term deal but if he was really highly regarded as a need rb he'd have more then 1 visit at this point ijs


I'm having a hard time understanding your post. You seem to disagree that Moreno's role going forward is more than a 3rd down specialist or complimentary guy, but then say that if he was that good he'd have more visits lined up. Doesn't that contradict itself? In Miami he'd get a shot to compete but they seem to be after his ability to block and be a receiving threat.

As for Miller, I know you are going to defend him til the end but I'm just not seeing any evidence that the brass is sold on him. He may very well earn the right to be Miami's starter next year and that would be great for him. But nothing he has accomplished so far will stop the GM from pursuing alternatives. Its why Moreno visited, its why they studied Tre Mason heavily at the combine and its why we keep reading articles about Miami needing to upgrade.

My feeling is that if Hickey subscribed to what this article is suggesting then you wouldn't hear these rumors and there wouldn't be a source from inside the organization saying that there were worries among the staff about how hesitant Miller is. I'm not an expert by any means, just going off the evidence. Its why I asked in the other thread if people think Miller will be designated an Ireland mistake and eventually cut at the end of the summer after Hickey/Philbin bring in their own guys.

Wow smh Morenos numbers and then lack of interest to me says what I have basically said that rbs are interchangable. I've said many times I want 3 rbs that can all play because I dont see the huge need in great ones when you can find rbs ANYWHERE if you have an offensive line that does its job. I havent defended Miller but I have told the truth that the o line sucked and nobodys going to look great with it especially when Miller himself isn't great. Now Moreno visited because he's cheap, he's young, he can block and he can catch........... what team wouldnt be interested in a 1 year 3-4 mill player who does what you need on every team?


Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:33 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5725
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
jammer wrote:
The defense wasn't in the backfield on every play nor was the o-line incapable of opening a hole here or there. Its like blaming all 58 sacks on the o-line for Tannehill when he himself was responsible for probably a dozen. Miller hesitates way too much and RS is correct, unless he has a darn good o-line in front of him that style isn't going to work. So why would Hickey use a square peg in a round hole approach? Find a more bruising back to combine with a someone who pass blocks/receives.

I don't think the rumors about Hickey say anything regarding trust. Just means he's not going to pay a 3rd down specialist like Moreno 3 million dollars when he might be able to get that in the draft for a fraction of the cost.

And the same goes for Moreno. Why would he take a discount deal in Miami when a more desperate team could offer more after the draft? Its all money/value at this point.


Btw, have you ever listened or watched an interview with Miller? It's painful.


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:35 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 6006
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
ag_fin_90 wrote:
Wow smh Morenos numbers and then lack of interest to me says what I have basically said that rbs are interchangable. I've said many times I want 3 rbs that can all play because I dont see the huge need in great ones when you can find rbs ANYWHERE if you have an offensive line that does its job. I havent defended Miller but I have told the truth that the o line sucked and nobodys going to look great with it especially when Miller himself isn't great. Now Moreno visited because he's cheap, he's young, he can block and he can catch........... what team wouldnt be interested in a 1 year 3-4 mill player who does what you need on every team?


:hitme:

I tap out.


Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:47 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6485
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
what the hell is on his head? He should get his money back.


Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:55 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 4868
Location: Houston, Texas
Post Re: Miami Dolphins Should Not Give Up on Lamar Miller Just Yet
Miami should certainly draft Tre Mason or Carlos Hyde if they can get them. IF Knowshon Moreno is still sitting on the sideline available, he would be a nice veteran pick up assuming you can get him for a reasonable price tag between now or after the draft. Worst case scenario I wonder if Lazor can utilize Lamar Miller in a Daren Sproles type role if he is not the every down back and personally I don't see Miller as the every down back especially with the draft choices coming out that are better options for the fins.


Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:57 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], TommyNoleFin, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.