View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:04 am



Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Knowshon Moreno 
Author Message
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 898
Post Knowshon Moreno
http://phinphanatic.com/2014/03/17/knowshon-moreno-nearing-dolphins-deal/

Not sure I know how I feel about this. A lot will depend on the $ involved. If there is any truth to this, I'll be surprised, because I felt sure they would address RB in the draft. He's a definite upgrade over anything we have on the roster, and a solid pass blocker. PFF had him the 14th best FA available at any position. He's had some injury problems in the past, but had a very good year this past year and is only 26.


Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
I think this is another very cap friendly and short deal. At this point the rbs in this market wont get huge money so its about finding the right place to ball out one year and cash in next


Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:51 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 898
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
I'd feel better if I knew that he was going to have a respectable line in front of him. For that matter, so would he, I imagine.


Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:54 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
k-dash wrote:
I'd feel better if I knew that he was going to have a respectable line in front of him. For that matter, so would he, I imagine.

True but the Dolphins arent done you know this so we have to remember that


Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3423
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
Interesting.....He is very good out of the backfield and is a very good pass protector also. RB are not getting big money, so I believe the deal will be good for Miami if this is true. I did hear John Clayton talking about this on SportsCenter as well.

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
phinsfansc wrote:
Interesting.....He is very good out of the backfield and is a very good pass protector also. RB are not getting big money, so I believe the deal will be good for Miami if this is true. I did hear John Clayton talking about this on SportsCenter as well.

Best pass catcher and run blocker on the team immediately and I cant see this being any more then a true 1 year deal so you'll get the best out of him


Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:22 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3823
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
1 year deal , instant upgrade , give us an insight to what Denver does because they are our biggest obstacle.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:38 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4471
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
Make no sense. Miller & Moreno as the same type back. Moreno catches better.

Surely Miami is not writing off Miller after putting a horrible line in front of him.


Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
Dphins4me wrote:
Make no sense. Miller & Moreno as the same type back. Moreno catches better.

Surely Miami is not writing off Miller after putting a horrible line in front of him.

Look at Philly and GB, not much power rbs so for a very nice contract why not? Plus Miller isn't in trouble Daniel Thomas is


Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:03 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
If this is true I get the feeling Miami is cleaning house at RB. They still need a bulldozer type back because Daniel Thomas sure isn't that guy.


Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:07 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 4471
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
ag_fin_90 wrote:
Look at Philly and GB, not much power rbs so for a very nice contract why not? Plus Miller isn't in trouble Daniel Thomas is

Green Bay has Lacy now. Will have to see the final plan, but it simply does not make sense to bring in Moreno to as you say replace Thomas. Maybe it, but not adding up without all the info.


Last edited by Dphins4me on Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:09 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
Dphins4me wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:

Surely Miami is not writing off Miller after putting a horrible line in front of him.

Look at Philly and GB, not much power rbs so for a very nice contract why not? Plus Miller isn't in trouble Daniel Thomas is

Green Bay has Lacy now. Will have to see the final plan, but it simply does not make sense to bring in Moreno to as you say replace Thomas. Maybe it, but not adding up without all the info.[/quote]
He's not replacing Thomas smh. You dont need a prototypical power back with a speed back to make it all work. You can have the speed, the do it all, the power, the pass catcher, pass blocker etc. Many teams run a 3 back system and theres nothign wrong with Miami doing that and seeing which guy wins the competition for playing time. Oh and GB got Lacy but they had no running game before then so it was about best rb available


Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:14 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
ag_fin_90 wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Make no sense. Miller & Moreno as the same type back. Moreno catches better.

Surely Miami is not writing off Miller after putting a horrible line in front of him.

Look at Philly and GB, not much power rbs so for a very nice contract why not? Plus Miller isn't in trouble Daniel Thomas is


Is Miller going to be deemed an Ireland mistake? Don't forget, he wasn't consistently winning the starting job over Thomas. Its very possible both guys could be gone.

Miami could easily combine Moreno and Blount, or Moreno and a drafted guy.


Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:17 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
jammer wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:
Dphins4me wrote:
Make no sense. Miller & Moreno as the same type back. Moreno catches better.

Surely Miami is not writing off Miller after putting a horrible line in front of him.

Look at Philly and GB, not much power rbs so for a very nice contract why not? Plus Miller isn't in trouble Daniel Thomas is


Is Miller going to be deemed an Ireland mistake? Don't forget, he wasn't consistently winning the starting job over Thomas. Its very possible both guys could be gone.

Miami could easily combine Moreno and Blount, or Moreno and a drafted guy.

Miami could easily combine 2 more cbs and get rid of Davis and Taylor. Or bring in 2 tes in the draft and get rid of Sims and Egnew. Draft a pass rusher and trade Jordan. Problem with your sentiment is that the Dolphins havent looked at any rbs from what we know of at all so getting rid of Miller with his top speed kind of makes no sense


Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:28 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1176
Location: Lakeland, FL
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
Listen man. Knowshon is not that good. He floundered for years & the minute Peyton showed up he became relevant because he listened & did his assignments. He wouldn't be anything special outside of that system, imo.

Even if I'm wrong tho, the dude is a basket case. Did anyone else see him crying on the sidelines during the games? The announcers tried to say hes a very emotional player but that doesn't add up. In fact its weird.

If he was solid, or even reliable then the Broncos would likely bring him back. The way I see it hes ordinary, they know it, & they're letting him walk because many others can fill that roll for Denver

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
Steve Zissou wrote:
Listen man. Knowshon is not that good. He floundered for years & the minute Peyton showed up he became relevant because he listened & did his assignments. He wouldn't be anything special outside of that system, imo.

Even if I'm wrong tho, the dude is a basket case. Did anyone else see him crying on the sidelines during the games? The announcers tried to say hes a very emotional player but that doesn't add up. In fact its weird.

If he was solid, or even reliable then the Broncos would likely bring him back. The way I see it hes ordinary, they know it, & they're letting him walk because many others can fill that roll for Denver

He cried during the National Anthem............ how is that weird?


Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:21 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6292
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
Knowshon isn't that good. Would rather draft one of these talented backs coming out. Hyde, Sankey, Mason or Sims.


Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:15 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3823
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
It appears he might be a Dolphin so I am sure this sentiment will change.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:29 am
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:58 am
Posts: 1239
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
He wasn't jack in Denver until Peyton showed up. Then he was elevated to average at best. No thanks

_________________
Image


Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:03 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
I do not doubt we have rb issues, but I'm not ready to pull the plug on Miller yet. He did have 5.0 ypc behind Bush when the line was in better shape. Jettisoning Reggie was an Ireland mistake no doubt.

_________________
Image


Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:03 am
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1176
Location: Lakeland, FL
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
ag_fin_90 wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:
Listen man. Knowshon is not that good. He floundered for years & the minute Peyton showed up he became relevant because he listened & did his assignments. He wouldn't be anything special outside of that system, imo.

Even if I'm wrong tho, the dude is a basket case. Did anyone else see him crying on the sidelines during the games? The announcers tried to say hes a very emotional player but that doesn't add up. In fact its weird.

If he was solid, or even reliable then the Broncos would likely bring him back. The way I see it hes ordinary, they know it, & they're letting him walk because many others can fill that roll for Denver

He cried during the National Anthem............ how is that weird?


Is it not? haha

_________________
Image


Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:14 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4581
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
I am reading it is pure speculation at this point, nothing backing the original story which probably means its not true..

TommyNoleFin wrote:
He wasn't jack in Denver until Peyton showed up. Then he was elevated to average at best. No thanks


2009 and 2013 are his only 16 game seasons. He was injured one year, lost the starting gig to McGahee and was benched in 2012 for fumbling. Since he returned to the lineup in 2012 he has not lost the gig...

As far as Manning making him better, sorry but he has done the same with less..
2009 Broncos, Kyle Orton QB
Moreno - 247 carries, 947 yards, 7 TD's (3.8 Avg)

2013 Broncos, Manning QB
Moreno - 241 carries, 1038 yards, 10 TD's (4.3 Avg)

For me I think he is worth a shot if the price is right...

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:17 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2436
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
Ski_Money wrote:
I do not doubt we have rb issues, but I'm not ready to pull the plug on Miller yet. He did have 5.0 ypc behind Bush when the line was in better shape. Jettisoning Reggie was an Ireland mistake no doubt.


Reggie was not worth $5m a year


Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:25 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
ag_fin_90 wrote:
Miami could easily combine 2 more cbs and get rid of Davis and Taylor. Or bring in 2 tes in the draft and get rid of Sims and Egnew. Draft a pass rusher and trade Jordan. Problem with your sentiment is that the Dolphins havent looked at any rbs from what we know of at all so getting rid of Miller with his top speed kind of makes no sense


None of that was my argument and your examples don't make a lot of sense to the discussion. We're talking about Ireland mistakes who have not performed when given the chance. MAYBE Egnew fits that since he wasn't a rookie.

None of the guys you mentioned, even Jordan, were given the opportunity to be feature players. They had veterans in front of them. None of those guys blew opportunties.

Lamar Miller was given the chance to be a feature back and failed. He showed no breakaway speed or big play potential, cannot block, cannot power the ball into the end zone and isn't a big weapon in the passing game. Even worse, as I said before, he could not overwhelmingly win starting snaps from a bust in Daniel Thomas.

Miami either needs a complete back with Miller as a change of pace guy, or, two guys who specialize in different things. The examples of Blount and Moreno, both of whom can be had for cheap and have proven they can be band aids, give Miami power, blocking and receiving out of the backfield...none of which Miller nor Thomas provide. That is the kind of win now/save Philbin move I could see Hickey making.


Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:31 am
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1176
Location: Lakeland, FL
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
degs wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
I do not doubt we have rb issues, but I'm not ready to pull the plug on Miller yet. He did have 5.0 ypc behind Bush when the line was in better shape. Jettisoning Reggie was an Ireland mistake no doubt.


Reggie was not worth $5m a year


You don't think so?

Man . . I thought he was but we never used him the way Detroit has. So i guess you're right. He wasn't worth that to us.

He had over 1500yds & 7 TDs last year. I think thats worth about the 4 a year theyre giving him

_________________
Image


Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:52 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
jammer wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:
Miami could easily combine 2 more cbs and get rid of Davis and Taylor. Or bring in 2 tes in the draft and get rid of Sims and Egnew. Draft a pass rusher and trade Jordan. Problem with your sentiment is that the Dolphins havent looked at any rbs from what we know of at all so getting rid of Miller with his top speed kind of makes no sense


None of that was my argument and your examples don't make a lot of sense to the discussion. We're talking about Ireland mistakes who have not performed when given the chance. MAYBE Egnew fits that since he wasn't a rookie.

None of the guys you mentioned, even Jordan, were given the opportunity to be feature players. They had veterans in front of them. None of those guys blew opportunties.

Lamar Miller was given the chance to be a feature back and failed. He showed no breakaway speed or big play potential, cannot block, cannot power the ball into the end zone and isn't a big weapon in the passing game. Even worse, as I said before, he could not overwhelmingly win starting snaps from a bust in Daniel Thomas.

Miami either needs a complete back with Miller as a change of pace guy, or, two guys who specialize in different things. The examples of Blount and Moreno, both of whom can be had for cheap and have proven they can be band aids, give Miami power, blocking and receiving out of the backfield...none of which Miller nor Thomas provide. That is the kind of win now/save Philbin move I could see Hickey making.

I used the cbs as an example because they could've played some with Patterson, Wilson and Carroll above them but they didn't step up enough and you're not going to tell me either of those 3 are Pro Bowl players. Sims and Egnew could've played but didnt step up enough when all we had was Clay who cant be an every down te. Jordan has all the talent in the world but cant stop the run so he has to be in for certain situations. Miller? He struggled running the ball but let's not front like that o line was good enough, you cant want a better o line and then say the rb isnt good enough when the line isn't doing their jobs. We dont need an every down back because those guys are very rare now, we need 2 or 3 rbs who do the roles that we need. Moreno can catch and block, Miller is a home run threat with the right blocking but Thomas can do none of them so if you want to talk about "Ireland Mistakes" the better example is Thomas because of the lack of upside he brings


Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:35 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
ag_fin_90 wrote:
I used the cbs as an example because they could've played some with Patterson, Wilson and Carroll above them but they didn't step up enough and you're not going to tell me either of those 3 are Pro Bowl players. Sims and Egnew could've played but didnt step up enough when all we had was Clay who cant be an every down te. Jordan has all the talent in the world but cant stop the run so he has to be in for certain situations. Miller? He struggled running the ball but let's not front like that o line was good enough, you cant want a better o line and then say the rb isnt good enough when the line isn't doing their jobs. We dont need an every down back because those guys are very rare now, we need 2 or 3 rbs who do the roles that we need. Moreno can catch and block, Miller is a home run threat with the right blocking but Thomas can do none of them so if you want to talk about "Ireland Mistakes" the better example is Thomas because of the lack of upside he brings


Sorry man, while I will give Miller the benefit of the doubt that his line was terrible it still doesn't explain why he consistently lost starts to Daniel Thomas. Not sure you can classify him as a home run threat when he lacked vision and barely broke any long runs. He had opportunities. Also not sure why it has to be a one or the other with him and Thomas. Can't both be mistakes?

If you are arguing Miami needs multiple guys then aren't you verifying my comment about Moreno (blocking/receiving) and Blount (power/goal line)? Moreno and Miller seem to have the same big play ability, which isn't saying much. So again, wouldn't you want the guys who specialize in something rather than Miller who specializes in really nothing? I defended him during the season and a lot of guys here pointed out how even when he had chances he couldn't break one. I see what they were saying.

We can just agree to disagree on Miller I guess. I'm not holding out hope that he will amount to much more than he was his rookie year.


Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:47 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:31 pm
Posts: 85
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
jammer wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:
Miami could easily combine 2 more cbs and get rid of Davis and Taylor. Or bring in 2 tes in the draft and get rid of Sims and Egnew. Draft a pass rusher and trade Jordan. Problem with your sentiment is that the Dolphins havent looked at any rbs from what we know of at all so getting rid of Miller with his top speed kind of makes no sense


None of that was my argument and your examples don't make a lot of sense to the discussion. We're talking about Ireland mistakes who have not performed when given the chance. MAYBE Egnew fits that since he wasn't a rookie.

None of the guys you mentioned, even Jordan, were given the opportunity to be feature players. They had veterans in front of them. None of those guys blew opportunties.

Lamar Miller was given the chance to be a feature back and failed. He showed no breakaway speed or big play potential, cannot block, cannot power the ball into the end zone and isn't a big weapon in the passing game. Even worse, as I said before, he could not overwhelmingly win


starting snaps from a bust in Daniel Thomas.

Miami either needs a complete back with Miller as a change of pace guy, or, two guys who specialize in different things. The examples of Blount and Moreno, both of whom can be had for cheap and have proven they can be band aids, give Miami power, blocking and receiving out of the backfield...none of which Miller nor Thomas provide. That is the kind of win now/save Philbin move I could see Hickey making.

I understand Miller was disappointing, but I think the only back that would have been successful behind that crappy o-line would have been Barry Sanders, and then maybe. Lets see what Miller can do behind a decent o-line. Running the ball is all about confidence and when your consistently met head on in the backfield, it's hard to be confident. I will also take Moreno over Thomas any day. He's not our permanent replacement, but should be able to do the job for a year, then take someone in the later rounds.


Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:48 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
rtwelve1993 wrote:
I understand Miller was disappointing, but I think the only back that would have been successful behind that crappy o-line would have been Barry Sanders, and then maybe. Lets see what Miller can do behind a decent o-line. Running the ball is all about confidence and when your consistently met head on in the backfield, it's hard to be confident. I will also take Moreno over Thomas any day. He's not our permanent replacement, but should be able to do the job for a year, then take someone in the later rounds.


I just don't think pairing up Moreno and Miller does anything for you. Who gets the tough yards or poses a threat when you're 4 yards from the end zone?

This discussion is actually kind of pointless because the whole Moreno thing turned out to be people misinterpreting a tweet and something from ESPN.

We probably won't see anything until after the draft.


Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:31 pm
Posts: 85
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
jammer wrote:
rtwelve1993 wrote:
I understand Miller was disappointing, but I think the only back that would have been successful behind that crappy o-line would have been Barry Sanders, and then maybe. Lets see what Miller can do behind a decent o-line. Running the ball is all about confidence and when your consistently met head on in the backfield, it's hard to be confident. I will also take Moreno over Thomas any day. He's not our permanent replacement, but should be able to do the job for a year, then take someone in the later rounds.


I just don't think pairing up Moreno and Miller does anything for you. Who gets the tough yards or poses a threat when you're 4 yards from the end zone?

This discussion is actually kind of pointless because the whole Moreno thing turned out to be people misinterpreting a tweet and something from ESPN.

We probably won't see anything until after the draft.

It's always worth discussing. I would rather they sign MJD than the other FA's.


Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:00 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
jammer wrote:
rtwelve1993 wrote:
I understand Miller was disappointing, but I think the only back that would have been successful behind that crappy o-line would have been Barry Sanders, and then maybe. Lets see what Miller can do behind a decent o-line. Running the ball is all about confidence and when your consistently met head on in the backfield, it's hard to be confident. I will also take Moreno over Thomas any day. He's not our permanent replacement, but should be able to do the job for a year, then take someone in the later rounds.


I just don't think pairing up Moreno and Miller does anything for you. Who gets the tough yards or poses a threat when you're 4 yards from the end zone?

This discussion is actually kind of pointless because the whole Moreno thing turned out to be people misinterpreting a tweet and something from ESPN.

We probably won't see anything until after the draft.

IF Moreno comes he brings the catching and blocking that we need. The tough yards issue wasnt a problem for some teams even though they didnt have a battering ram guy but even with Miller and Moreno the fact is Moreno wont get a big or long contact and we can still draft a rb that can be the physical back while not wearing him down too much just like Denver did to save Monte Ball. Dont look at the name Knowshon Moreno look at what he'll bring to the table and the friendly contract he will have for Miami IF he comes


Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:20 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 1857
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
Steve Zissou wrote:
the dude is a basket case. Did anyone else see him crying on the sidelines during the games? The announcers tried to say hes a very emotional player but that doesn't add up. In fact its weird.


Image

WTF are you talking about Steve? I don't see anyone crying...

_________________
Image


Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 6560
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
He looked like he took a pee out of his eyes.


Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:06 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 am
Posts: 306
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
He plays with a lot of heart and emotion. IMO an instant upgrade from a very inconsistent Daniel Thomas. Although a report I read said only John Clayton...ESPN rather...is the only one reporting this and they don't have much stability behind their source. So, with that being said IDK. But if it were to happen I wouldn't be against it.


Nothing says these guys we are signing are even going to make the roster. Most do have to compete for spots, and I have faith that Philbin will make the right choice. Don't forget Mike Gillislee is back there too so it will be a nice competition.


Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:34 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
ag_fin_90 wrote:
Dont look at the name Knowshon Moreno look at what he'll bring to the table and the friendly contract he will have for Miami IF he comes


I never said I was opposed to Miami signing him. Sign him, sign Blount and draft a guy of your choosing. Move on from the current stable of backs unless you want to keep Miller as cheap depth.


Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:43 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
jammer wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:
Dont look at the name Knowshon Moreno look at what he'll bring to the table and the friendly contract he will have for Miami IF he comes


I never said I was opposed to Miami signing him. Sign him, sign Blount and draft a guy of your choosing. Move on from the current stable of backs unless you want to keep Miller as cheap depth.

Now you're looking at names yourself. Miller may not be great but that explosion he brings cant be looked at negatively. Also, the lack of interest in each back is something to look at also. Blount is a beast talent yet............ nobody seems interested. Moreno is talented and does good things that evvery team needs but.............. nobodys interested it seems. Injuries, locker room issues, rbs not being a priority in the league makes them not that big of a need but a rb like Miller? Home run threat who can get better with a better oline and create big impact. My idea? Sign a guy, keep Miller and watch him develop and draft a power back who can push Miller as a starter this season


Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:50 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
ag_fin_90 wrote:
Now you're looking at names yourself.


I haven't done this once. I've explained to a fault what each guy does and does not bring to the table. I could care less about their name or even where they were drafted. You keep calling Miller explosive or a home run threat but point to one instance where you've seen this? Just because his draft profile stated this or his college highlight films showed glimpses doesn't mean it translated. I was on the hope bandwagon last year but guys here kept pointing out how he can no longer run away from defenders. It is very evident if you watch the games again.

Reggie Bush was a home run threat. Lamar Miller is a complimentary piece with some ability, but he doesn't break tackles or outrun defenders.


Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
jammer wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:
Now you're looking at names yourself.


I haven't done this once. I've explained to a fault what each guy does and does not bring to the table. I could care less about their name or even where they were drafted. You keep calling Miller explosive or a home run threat but point to one instance where you've seen this? Just because his draft profile stated this or his college highlight films showed glimpses doesn't mean it translated. I was on the hope bandwagon last year but guys here kept pointing out how he can no longer run away from defenders. It is very evident if you watch the games again.

Reggie Bush was a home run threat. Lamar Miller is a complimentary piece with some ability, but he doesn't break tackles or outrun defenders.

Ive seen on some occasions when he gets to the second level nearly beating the safet and with a consistent o line he will be able to on a good enough amount. You used 1 sentence in darn near a paragraph explaining why Blount, Moreno and the rest of the rbs in this fa class arent the full answer and nobody has told me why none of the remaining guys are getting serious looks from teams with rb needs


Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:51 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
ag_fin_90 wrote:
Ive seen on some occasions when he gets to the second level nearly beating the safet and with a consistent o line he will be able to on a good enough amount. You used 1 sentence in darn near a paragraph explaining why Blount, Moreno and the rest of the rbs in this fa class arent the full answer and nobody has told me why none of the remaining guys are getting serious looks from teams with rb needs


When did I say a combo of Blount and Moreno wasn't an answer? Those two combined give you what you need. I'm all for signing them if Miami feels that combination gets the job done in a must win season.

Who knows why the FAs have not signed. Maybe their money demands are too high or maybe their agents know that a team who misses out on a draft target will pay more in May. There are some pretty good draft options so why would running back needy teams rush it? Maybe Hickey has a man crush on Carlos Hyde or Tre Mason.

The biggest red flag, which I'll point out again, on Miller is that he consistently lost snaps to a supposedly inferior Daniel Thomas. That is not on the offensive line and should be quite concerning when you consider how bad Thomas often looked.


Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:18 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:01 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Knowshon Moreno
jammer wrote:
ag_fin_90 wrote:
Ive seen on some occasions when he gets to the second level nearly beating the safet and with a consistent o line he will be able to on a good enough amount. You used 1 sentence in darn near a paragraph explaining why Blount, Moreno and the rest of the rbs in this fa class arent the full answer and nobody has told me why none of the remaining guys are getting serious looks from teams with rb needs


When did I say a combo of Blount and Moreno wasn't an answer? Those two combined give you what you need. I'm all for signing them if Miami feels that combination gets the job done in a must win season.

Who knows why the FAs have not signed. Maybe their money demands are too high or maybe their agents know that a team who misses out on a draft target will pay more in May. There are some pretty good draft options so why would running back needy teams rush it? Maybe Hickey has a man crush on Carlos Hyde or Tre Mason.

The biggest red flag, which I'll point out again, on Miller is that he consistently lost snaps to a supposedly inferior Daniel Thomas. That is not on the offensive line and should be quite concerning when you consider how bad Thomas often looked.

Its a small red flag considering its on an offensive coordinator whos making some decisions when the new one may not agree and theres barely any teams that use just 1 rb. The crazy thing is I said that I want 3 rbs that all get used so I still dont get why using Miller is that bad of an idea. None of the rbs will be great but they all bring aspects that can help a team win


Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:28 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Phinsforever and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.