View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 How could you not root for Jordan Tripp? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post How could you not root for Jordan Tripp?
http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia ... 493d8ecc6f

This kid has the right mentality, the right attitude. Today's scrimmage was his first action, but stripping the football from the running back and picking it up and running 70 plus yards for a touchdown is a darn good start for him.

All he did in college was make plays. I am rooting for this kid big time.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: How could you not root for Jordan Tripp?
Considering our LB corp was almost as bad as our O line...........I'm rooting for this guy big time. It shouldn't be difficult to surpass Wheeler.

I'm hoping the Misi in the middle project works out........flanked by Ellerbe & Tripp. Tripp could be an excellent ILB.......but .he may have a short career at that position considering his size. Unlike Zach, he actually has a neck

Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I agree Jordan may need to gain a few more pounds of muscle, but see Paul Posluszny of the Jacksonville Jaguars at 6'2 240 as people said very similar comments about his size at Linebacker too.

Tripp at 6'3 235 is not too far off. I say add 10 pounds and keep it and that could help quite a bit.

This kid is a smart player; a play maker; always around the ball.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:59 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Jordan is plenty big enough, and he,s already off to a zach thomas-esque start.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:07 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Swerve, the key will be consistency. If he keeps making big plays though, coaches you would hope would elevate him along the way to see how he handles the top competition.

Hopefully, he gets that chance by proving he belongs. You cannot coach "heart" and "desire", which Tripp has within.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:13 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:
Swerve, the key will be consistency. If he keeps making big plays though, coaches you would hope would elevate him along the way to see how he handles the top competition.

Hopefully, he gets that chance by proving he belongs. You cannot coach "heart" and "desire", which Tripp has within.

I like that we have some quality depth this year at linebacker. now if Wheeler flops we can insert Tripp or McCain.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:25 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

swerve13 wrote:
Jordan is plenty big enough, and he,s already off to a zach thomas-esque start.

Thomas esque start is a bit of an over statement, Zach didn't have a good camp, he had an orgasmically phenomenal camp, at this point in camp JJ was already thinking of Zach as the captain of the D, and a couple weeks later JJ cut his good buddy and long time defensive captain Jack Del Rio, who he signed for the specific reason of leading the young D.

I like Tripp, but he should not be compared to Zach at this point imo.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:34 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

relax, you dont have to overreact to every post, just sayin thats a pretty nice start for a rook, a 70 yard INT touchdown is impressive for any linebacker.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:17 am

Swerve, I am simply stating my opinion, I don't think you can categorize my comment as an overreaction, I was actually commenting on what I thought was an overreaction on your part because of 1 lucky play.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:33 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
because of 1 lucky play.

Come on now Finster.....I wouldn't exactly call it a lucky play. The kid created the turnover and finished it off. Give him a bit of credit. He is doing what he should be doing and that is making plays and trying to make this team.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:51 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

There was a lot of talk from the scouts that Jordan Tripp would be our starting MLB eventually. He definitely provides depth in the middle spot. Big play players just have that knack to be around the ball at the right time.

I'll tell you what - DE Terrrence Fede is showing a lot of talent as a pass rusher. I think Fede is going to make it tough to put him on the practice squad, but it is impossible to make any kind of an analysis on our rookies until we see them in a few preseason games.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Finhead34 wrote:
Quote:
because of 1 lucky play.

Come on now Finster.....I wouldn't exactly call it a lucky play. The kid created the turnover and finished it off. Give him a bit of credit. He is doing what he should be doing and that is making plays and trying to make this team.

LOL, how many linebackers can even go 70 yards to the endzone? But then again Dion Jordan is a bum too.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:12 pm

Finhead34 wrote:
Quote:
because of 1 lucky play.

There was no knock intended on Tripp, I'm really just talking about the nature of the play, and how rare they actually are, and how luck always plays a part in 50+ yd TDs from LBs, as a for instance, how many 50+ yd TDs do you expect him to have this year, or how many 50+ yd TDs do you expect from all our LBs this year, or all the LBs in the league, or how many 50+ yd TDs do you expect from our entire D this year?

Tripp is having a good camp by all accounts, and thats great, but imo all 50+ yd TDs by LBs are lucky plays, you could certainly make the case that every 50+ yd defensive TD, regardless of position has a lot of luck involved with it, no knock intended on Tripp at all.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Its all good Finster. I knew you did not mean it literally against Tripp. All I was saying was I don't think it was lucky, he created it through his own efforts. Is it a rarity to cause the fumble AND return it for a touchdown all by yourself, absolutely, but this kid made those kind of impact plays while in college too.

While I agree he is no comparison to Zach Thomas (hopefully over time, but certainly not even close yet) maybe he will keep fighting his way into the lineup as he gains experience.

Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]