View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Pre Free Agency Roster 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Pre Free Agency Roster
Thought this might be helpful for everyone to review and consider when looking over free agent options. Some of these guys are possible cuts as well.

QB - Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore, Pat Devlin

RB - Lamar Miller, Daniel Thomas, Marcus Thigpen, Mike Gillislee, Cameron Marshall

WR - Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline, Brandon Gibson, Rishard Matthews, Armon Binns, Ryan Spadola

TE - Charles Clay, Dion Sims, Michael Egnew, Kyle Miller, John Denney

OT - Branden Albert, Will Yeatman, Jason Weaver

OG - Nate Garner, Sam Brenner, Dallas Thomas, Michael Ola

OC - Mike Pouncey

DT - Jared Odrick, Randy Starks, Earl Mitchell, AJ Francis, Isaako Aaitui

DE - Cameron Wake, Olivier Vernon, Dion Jordan, Derrick Shelby

MLB - Dannelle Ellerbe, Jelani Jenkins

OLB - Koa Misi, Philip Wheeler, Jason Trusnik, Jonathan Freeny

CB - Brent Grimes, Cortland Finnegan, Jamar Taylor, Will Davis, Jimmy Wilson, RJ Stanford, Jalil Brown

FS - Louis Delmas, Don Jones, Jordan Kovacs

SS - Reshad Jones, Michael Thomas

K - Caleb Sturgis

P - Brandon Fields

Last edited by jammer on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:28 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Pre Free Agency Roster
Obviously offensive line is the most pressing need and now defensive tackle moves way up since Soliai and Starks seem to be headed towards free agency.

Along with offensive line, I would add blocking tight end.

On defense, free safety will be another big need, but I would add that we need some sort of shake up at linebacker.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:31 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I have no idea the financial impact of each yet, but if they add Albert (seems a lock), Byrd, a decent OG and decent DT via free agency I'm feeling a lot better.

I could see Daniel Thomas, Michael Egnew (unless he can block), Jonathan Martin, Philip Wheeler and a bunch of the no names being given their walking papers.

I love the idea of Jon Beason at MLB and sliding Ellerbe over to replace Wheeler.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:36 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

jammer wrote:
I have no idea the financial impact of each yet, but if they add Albert (seems a lock), Byrd, a decent OG and decent DT via free agency I'm feeling a lot better.

I could see Daniel Thomas, Michael Egnew (unless he can block), Jonathan Martin, Philip Wheeler and a bunch of the no names being given their walking papers.

I love the idea of Jon Beason at MLB and sliding Ellerbe over to replace Wheeler.

Sounds good to me.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:27 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Well, sub Delmas in for Byrd.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:

I think the finances of cutting Wheeler pretty much makes him a lock to make the roster, but they obviously want an upgrade. I love the idea of getting Beason. He's old, but has been very productive.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:32 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

k-dash wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

I think the finances of cutting Wheeler pretty much makes him a lock to make the roster, but they obviously want an upgrade. I love the idea of getting Beason. He's old, but has been very productive.

The finances of it stink but I could see Miami thinking about a fresh start for both parties and letting Wheeler go. The blame of course falls on Ireland.

I like the Albert and Delmas signings. Bring in Beason and I already like how this roster is changing. Beason is only 29 and could provide a few good years.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:50 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Guess my previous post did not go through.

I updated the roster to reflect the signings.

Still holes at RT, RG, and RB. And I expect several names to still be cut.

3 Bucs linemen are available - Jeremy Zuttah (best option and via trade), Donald Penn and Davin Joseph.

Strief seems to have an agreement being finalized with the Saints. Wade Smith, Darn Colledge, Tyson Clabo and Bryant McKinnie are all 1 year stop gap options.

Legarrette Blount, Knowshon Moreno, Maurice Jones Drew and even Ronnie Brown are still free agent options. I think the latter three would serve as a 3rd down/receiving option to combine with a high draft pick, whereas Blount would be the bulldozer to combine with a Charlie Sims type. I hope they sign someone and get rid of everyone minus Lamar Miller.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]