View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
 Thomas blasts Dolphins over Taylor 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Thomas blasts Dolphins over Taylor
Zach speaks his mind

Quote:
Zach Thomas is infuriated over the way the Miami Dolphins handled Jason Taylor's departure.

Thomas and Taylor combined for 13 Pro Bowls in the 11 years they starred together for the Dolphins defense. They're also brothers-in-law. Taylor married Thomas' sister, Katina.

So you better believe Thomas had a well-informed and passionate opinion about how the Dolphins handled Taylor's situation and his decision to join the New York Jets.

"Everybody hates the Jets," Thomas told Sid Rosenberg of Miami sports-radio station WQAM. "I hate the Jets. But he has to do what he has to do and get respect. You're driven by respect as a player, especially the good ones. And he's got it from Rex Ryan."

Thomas' comments will resonate with Dolfans. While they ran hot and cold with Taylor over the years because he sometimes was viewed as a pretty boy who made too many commercials and dared to participate in "Dancing With the Stars" and not Bill Parcells' first offseason conditioning program in 2008, Thomas is revered.

Thomas is a Dolphins icon, an everyman overachiever who was drafted in the fifth round and selected first-team All-Pro five times. When I asked readers to select their Dolphins Mount Rushmore as part of an ESPN.com project last year, Thomas received the fourth-most votes behind Dan Marino, Don Shula and Larry Csonka.

Thomas, his decibel level rising throughout the interview, said he's "a Dolphin for life," but alleged Taylor deserved better treatment from general manager Jeff Ireland.

"I mean, all-time sack leader right now as an active player, and you're going to talk about him when you're asked in the media like he's a first- or second-year player?" Thomas said. "[Ireland] should know how to respect guys that's been great to the game. That's fine if you don't have a need for him, but you tell him up front."

The Dolphins insisted upon waiting until after the draft to address Taylor's future with the club. Even then, there were no guarantees they'd have Taylor back.

The move was bittersweet for Thomas, who predicted Taylor will thrive with the Jets.

"He's sad," Thomas said. "He waited as long as he could. Everybody wants to feel wanted. The Jets, they wanted him. They're a team on the rise, and I hate to say it, but they got the No. 1 defense and are going to be even stronger, and you don't think Rex Ryan has a game plan for Jason Taylor?

"It's going to be better than the game plan they used with him [in 2009] because I hated watching it. When they were taking him out on third down, it was like taking Bruce Smith out on third down. That was frustrating for me. I'm a fan now. You don't take one of the greatest pass-rushers of all-time out on third down."

Thomas didn't appreciate the way the Dolphins handled his exit after the 2007 season, either.

Shortly after Bill Parcells took over football operations and hired Ireland and head coach Tony Sparano, they released Thomas after a dozen highly decorated seasons.

Thomas said he had only one request as he cleaned out his locker, to say goodbye to Dolfans with a news conference at the team's facility. The request was denied.

"You've got to respect players that's been good to the game," Thomas said. "I don't like the organization to look bad that way."

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/12871/thomas-blasts-dolphins-over-taylor

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:58 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Thomas blasts Dolphins over Taylor
10acjed wrote:
Zach speaks his mind

Quote:
Thomas said he had only one request as he cleaned out his locker, to say goodbye to Dolfans with a news conference at the team's facility. The request was denied.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/12871/thomas-blasts-dolphins-over-taylor

I don't know about you guys but hearing this for the first time and this freakin annoys the hell out of me... :angry:

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:27 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

It's harsh but these guys operate that way. I don't agree with it but I guess they don't like to view anyone as special.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:28 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Rich wrote:
It's harsh but these guys operate that way. I don't agree with it but I guess they don't like to view anyone as special.

I think that the way this FO operates, their stubborness and strict way of doing things, is going to get this franchise a Super Bowl within the next 3-4 years. However, this was a situation where they needed to loosen up a little bit and just listen to the fans, and realize who they are dealing with and what he has meant to this franchise. Zach is my favorite all time Dolphin, and when I heard him say that yesterday I was pissed. That completely crosses the line.

And even from a football side of things, you're telling me that JT wasn't even worth bringing in, in an uncapped year, for 1 season?? Miami has ZERO legitimate starters at the OLB position. None. And they're going to rely on the draft to get them?? They're not even interested in what JT brings from a football standpoint, in the lockerroom, on the practice field. What he can give guys like Wake and any rookie is invaluable. I can't believe they wouldn't even think that worthy of giving him another offer.

I can understand why JT did not accept the offer back in November. What I cannot udnerstand is why the FO treated JT the way he did, and how they did not think he was worth a roster spot.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:09 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I agree with everything Zach said except for "He waited as long as he could." Frankly, that's BS. I know JT probably wants to get started with his new team as soon as possible, but we're in freaking April and the draft hasn't even happened yet, JT could have definitely waited a bit longer (disregarding however the dolphins treated him).

It is sad how the FO kept him waiting, but they did give the opportunity to sign an extension to JT and since JT didn't like the way they did it, he didn't signed it. That's not the FO's fault, that's JT's fault. Just because one FO does things a bit differently than the previous FO, it doesn't mean you say "screw you, you hate me" and go run to the enemy. Obviously JT doesn't like Parcells and it just wasn't mean to be. But in JT's quote in the other thread, where he said he was used to "old school Wandstedt and Spielman", that's just rediculous. And frankly, if he thought that pair was better running the dolphins than the Trifecta, then he deserves to go, no matter how harsh that is.

As for Thomas...he probably is a bit bitter over his dropping and sticking up for his brother-in-law. I love Zach, but he should have probably kept his mouth shut or just kept it to complaining about how his request was handled (which is complete Bullcrap

But if you think about it, the Trifecta hardly coached and didn't pick up these Dolphin greats...our previous FO did. They have no obligation to Zach Thomas technically and how Parcells was treated by JT during the whole DWTS deal I wouldn't be too hot with him either. Maybe in the future there will be a bit better communication and love between staff and players because they will have worked with eachother for so long.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:27 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:
Rich wrote:

I think that the way this FO operates, their stubborness and strict way of doing things, is going to get this franchise a Super Bowl within the next 3-4 years. However, this was a situation where they needed to loosen up a little bit and just listen to the fans, and realize who they are dealing with and what he has meant to this franchise. Zach is my favorite all time Dolphin, and when I heard him say that yesterday I was pissed. That completely crosses the line.

And even from a football side of things, you're telling me that JT wasn't even worth bringing in, in an uncapped year, for 1 season?? Miami has ZERO legitimate starters at the OLB position. None. And they're going to rely on the draft to get them?? They're not even interested in what JT brings from a football standpoint, in the lockerroom, on the practice field. What he can give guys like Wake and any rookie is invaluable. I can't believe they wouldn't even think that worthy of giving him another offer.

I can understand why JT did not accept the offer back in November. What I cannot udnerstand is why the FO treated JT the way he did, and how they did not think he was worth a roster spot.

so cameron wake is not a legitimate starter at olb? and i think jason wanted more than a one year deal.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:21 am
Profile WWW

He accepted a one year deal in NY. That second year will not end up mattering.

And no, Cam is not a legit starter in a base defense yet. Still to raw against the run and in coverage.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:24 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:

And no, Cam is not a legit starter in a base defense yet. Still to raw against the run and in coverage.

Quote:
The former Miami Dolphins linebacker agreed to terms with the AFC East-rival Jets on a two-year contract Tuesday, bolstering a defense that ranked No 1 in the league this past season.

seems like a two year deal to me. and cameron is a pass rushing machine, which we will need from our olb position.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:30 am
Profile WWW

rhoads30 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Quote:
The former Miami Dolphins linebacker agreed to terms with the AFC East-rival Jets on a two-year contract Tuesday, bolstering a defense that ranked No 1 in the league this past season.

seems like a two year deal to me. and cameron is a pass rushing machine, which we will need from our olb position.

The 2nd year is worth something like 13 million dollars in un-reachable incentives. It's a 1 year deal.

And I agree that Wake is a beast from a pass rush standpoint. But you need to be able to hold the edge against the run as well as drop back into coverage if you are going to play the OLB in a base 34 D. Cam can do neither of the latter. Also, he does play the strong side (although I think he would be better off on the right side), and so he needs to be that much better against the run if he wants to start at the elephant left OLB position.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:54 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:
rhoads30 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Quote:

The 2nd year is worth something like 13 million dollars in un-reachable incentives. It's a 1 year deal.

And I agree that Wake is a beast from a pass rush standpoint. But you need to be able to hold the edge against the run as well as drop back into coverage if you are going to play the OLB in a base 34 D. Cam can do neither of the latter. Also, he does play the strong side (although I think he would be better off on the right side), and so he needs to be that much better against the run if he wants to start at the elephant left OLB position.

it still remains a two year deal. and dansby will definitely help us out in the run stopping/coverage area, and allow cameron to focus more so on the pass rushing, his specialty. he can only improve with more experience underneath his belt.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

First off, the title of Thomas "blasting" Dolphins is media hype. He was very cordial and professional with his thoughts and the fact of the matter is people would be stupid if they are to believe there was not enough communication. Perhaps JT wasn't treated with the deep respect one would hope for with a potential hall of famer and certain Dolphins Ring of Honor inductee, but I believe JT knew where Ireland and company stood the entire process. IMO, the bottom line was the future direction of this franchise and they clearly aim to get younger at OLB.

Miami had PLENTY of time to make the decision to sign JT back. It is all very very unfortunate as I was personally all for him coming back and retiring as a Dolphin vs going to a hated division Foe.

Miami went into a different direction and that didnt include JT. As harsh as it sounds, it is a business. I hope Taylor has a great year, just not against us!!! Maybe it could have all been handled differently, but whats done is now done. I also hated the way Marino was treated at the end as well, but you move on.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:30 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

rhoads30 wrote:
it still remains a two year deal. and dansby will definitely help us out in the run stopping/coverage area, and allow cameron to focus more so on the pass rushing, his specialty. he can only improve with more experience underneath his belt.

Are you being coy are just downright naive? On it's face it's a two year deal. You and I both know dude isn't getting his $13 million in the 2nd year.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:56 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

it is highly incentive based the second year, as previously stated. jt said he still wants to play football, and no one else besides the jets, phins and pats were even interested in him this year, so do you think more teams will be interested next year being he will be even older?

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

rhoads30 wrote:
it is highly incentive based the second year, as previously stated. jt said he still wants to play football, and no one else besides the jets, phins and pats were even interested in him this year, so do you think more teams will be interested next year being he will be even older?

Incentives based? It's a bonus that he'll never receive in year 2.

Other teams having interest in him have nothing to do with this either. But while we're on the subject you have a bonafied list of teams officially confirming their interest? We know his skunk agent mentioned there was lots of interest. Regardless, the NFL is a wacky place. Teams come out of the draft not being able to fill needs. Teams also suffer injuries or notice a weakness at certain positions as OTA's and TC's commence. Please don't make this sound like this was JT's last ditch effort to land a jobby job in the NFL. That too is naive.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:05 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Rock Sexton wrote:
rhoads30 wrote:

Incentives based? It's a bonus that he'll never receive in year 2.

Other teams having interest in him have nothing to do with this either. But while we're on the subject you have a bonafied list of teams officially confirming their interest? We know his skunk agent mentioned there was lots of interest. Regardless, the NFL is a wacky place. Teams come out of the draft not being able to fill needs. Teams also suffer injuries or notice a weakness at certain positions as OTA's and TC's commence. Please don't make this sound like this was JT's last ditch effort to land a jobby job in the NFL. That too is naive.

sorry i read to phins rock post which stated incentive based...although the second year is both bonus and incentive based.

and why wouldnt it be a last ditch effort? he signed with the JETS, and there were only a couple teams (miami and new england) interested in the slightest at signing him.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

rhoads30 wrote:
sorry i read to phins rock post which stated incentive based...although the second year is both bonus and incentive based.

and why wouldnt it be a last ditch effort? he signed with the JETS, and there were only a couple teams (miami and new england) interested in the slightest at signing him.

C'mon brother..... even Adam Schefter has said the second year is irrelevant due to the sheer size of the bonus due.

You still don't have a bonafied list of teams interested or not interested. You're merely referencing teams you've heard of in the past. His own agent said there was quite a bit of interest in the man. And I notice how you quickly dismissed the other points I made about teams not filling needs in the draft....... plus lackluster play and injuries at that position come OTC's and TC's.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:28 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Let me tell you something. This is a business, bottom line. For these guys to come out and say stupid crap like this is about as ridiculous as it gets.

Quote:
"But he has to do what he has to do and get respect. You're driven by respect as a player, especially the good ones. And he's got it from Rex Ryan."

Yeah, respect from a drunken, loud mouth idiot. (my opinion of course) Congrats JT, congrats. We all gave him his respect back, even after his crap with Dancing with the stars. And now he turns around and puts on the Jets uni. Righttttt.....

This may have worked with past leaders of our great franchise, but the way JT messed with Parcells with the dancing with the starts crap, are you really surprised that Parcells didn't suck up to him, and give him what he wanted? He's lucky imo, he ever made it back here.

Quote:
"He's sad," Thomas said. "He waited as long as he could. Everybody wants to feel wanted."

Are you kidding me? Put your big boy panties on JT. We gave you and Thomas how many combined years here together? Poor JT is sad... wha wha. Pardon me Mr. Thomas, but he did not wait as long as he could. We offered him a contract during the season, whatever reason he turned it down, we told him we'd wait until after the draft, and JT couldn't shoulder the thought of us not wanting him THIS INSTANT. So, he decided to go put on the puke green, he deserves every ounce of crap he gets from anyone about it.

Quote:
You've got to respect players that's been good to the game," Thomas said. "I don't like the organization to look bad that way."

I understand Thomas' side to this, but JT has done his fair share of screwing around with the Dolphins as well, again see Dancing w/ the stars. It's a two way street, I haven't seen JT give the Dolphins respect in regards to this situation, just a bunch of pot stirring. Are you really surprised Parcells isn't all over JT like some of the fans want him to be?

We gave these guys how many combined years in fins uniforms? How many millions of dollars did they get paid to play this game? And when someone doesn't want to do it exactly the way the player thinks it should happen, everyone gets their knickers in a knot, and wants to start flyin' off the handle about it.

JT is O-L-D. We are a team trying to get younger, and rebuilding for the future. So are we really surprised that the FO didn't "really" want him back, I'm not. But it sure looks like some of you homers are. This "the FO is to blame!" "How could they not resign JT".... get off of JT's jewels, and look at the bigger picture.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

COOTS, why didn't Zach talk about Jason forcing his way out of here after that destitute 1-15 season? I think Thomas was talking too much from a personal perspective and didn't properly address both sides of the coin.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:48 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Well, on behalf of the Trifecta, they made it clear that they would address it after the draft. Smart policy.
Jason also got 13+ M if incentives are reached and that is way too much for what they were willing to offer anyway if they knew his asking price imho.

I imagine what's going on. The team says after the draft and we'll talk. Jason, who is not going to need government assistance to pay his mortgage if he waits a few weeks (that is if he really wants to be here), goes ahead and takes the offer the Jets throw. And it's hefty, better than he could have gotten here.

At what cost?

JT is always going to be one of the best Defensive players in Dolphins history to me, but the arch-rival? I guess money talks, and I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at 13M...a person would have my immediate attention if they mentioned 13 THOUSAND dollars, much less the big M.

Now, pass rush immediately is our #1 draft need, plain and simple. The two leading passrushers for the Dolphins are gone. I guess I'd always assumed that JT really wanted to be here. To stay HERE he would have had to wait for a few weeks.

He can't expect fans to be so naive to think that he wouldn't have had a job EVEN if the Dolphins AND the Jets hadn't bothered after the draft. A guy with 7 sacks would get invites from a number of teams, just the prospect of contracting to an aging star on the eve of the draft wasn't attractive enough to get other offers NOW (Most probably assumed he'd be in Miami and didn't bother).

I think JT figured he now had a wedge, a chance to hook up with a Division rival that has postseason expectations, and kind of do a 'that'll show you' deal.

Hardball the first time didn't work, now kind of passively mercenary.

Good luck, JT. You played your a$$ off for us, but I won't root for you until you're out of that uniform.

Zach's comments must be taken seriously, of course, but tempered by the fact that it is his Brother-in-Law.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:58 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

10acjed wrote:
Thomas didn't appreciate the way the Dolphins handled his exit after the 2007 season, either.

Shortly after Bill Parcells took over football operations and hired Ireland and head coach Tony Sparano, they released Thomas after a dozen highly decorated seasons.

It's a crappy way to do business, but keep in mind that I am sure the Trifecta didn't want the backlash with Zach to be like the one we are having with JT. They didn't want Zach back even though Zach wanted to continue to play. I can almost see why they would do this since they were starting from scratch here.

Also, why focus this on Ireland? He doesn't scratch his butt without Parcells' say-so.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
It's a crappy way to do business, but keep in mind that I am sure the Trifecta didn't want the backlash with Zach to be like the one we are having with JT. They didn't want Zach back even though Zach wanted to continue to play. I can almost see why they would do this since they were starting from scratch here.

Also, why focus this on Ireland? He doesn't scratch his butt without Parcells' say-so.

Between the concussions and his play, it really was time for Zach to retire. He tried to squeeze two more seasons out of himself, but at the end of the day they were pointless years.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:10 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Coots wrote:
Let me tell you something. This is a business, bottom line. For these guys to come out and say stupid crap like this is about as ridiculous as it gets.

Quote:
"But he has to do what he has to do and get respect. You're driven by respect as a player, especially the good ones. And he's got it from Rex Ryan."

Yeah, respect from a drunken, loud mouth idiot. (my opinion of course) Congrats JT, congrats. We all gave him his respect back, even after his crap with Dancing with the stars. And now he turns around and puts on the Jets uni. Righttttt.....

This may have worked with past leaders of our great franchise, but the way JT messed with Parcells with the dancing with the starts crap, are you really surprised that Parcells didn't suck up to him, and give him what he wanted? He's lucky imo, he ever made it back here.

Quote:
"He's sad," Thomas said. "He waited as long as he could. Everybody wants to feel wanted."

Are you kidding me? Put your big boy panties on JT. We gave you and Thomas how many combined years here together? Poor JT is sad... wha wha. Pardon me Mr. Thomas, but he did not wait as long as he could. We offered him a contract during the season, whatever reason he turned it down, we told him we'd wait until after the draft, and JT couldn't shoulder the thought of us not wanting him THIS INSTANT. So, he decided to go put on the puke green, he deserves every ounce of crap he gets from anyone about it.

Quote:
You've got to respect players that's been good to the game," Thomas said. "I don't like the organization to look bad that way."

I understand Thomas' side to this, but JT has done his fair share of screwing around with the Dolphins as well, again see Dancing w/ the stars. It's a two way street, I haven't seen JT give the Dolphins respect in regards to this situation, just a bunch of pot stirring. Are you really surprised Parcells isn't all over JT like some of the fans want him to be?

We gave these guys how many combined years in fins uniforms? How many millions of dollars did they get paid to play this game? And when someone doesn't want to do it exactly the way the player thinks it should happen, everyone gets their knickers in a knot, and wants to start flyin' off the handle about it.

JT is O-L-D. We are a team trying to get younger, and rebuilding for the future. So are we really surprised that the FO didn't "really" want him back, I'm not. But it sure looks like some of you homers are. This "the FO is to blame!" "How could they not resign JT".... get off of JT's jewels, and look at the bigger picture.

It seems that you are flying off the handle as much as anyone else's post on this thread.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:33 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

AQNOR wrote:
Coots wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It seems that you are flying off the handle as much as anyone else's post on this thread.

Congrats on adding such great subject to this topic Aqnor... you just trying to take a jab out of the blue at me or what? And if you will look around, this is my first reply to any of the JT threads, at length anyway. And trust me, you haven't seen me fly off the handle yet, you'll know it when I do.

Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:08 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Coots wrote:
you just trying to take a jab out of the blue at me or what?

Easy, Country-boy. No need to sick Ole Blue on him just yet;)

:)

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The only question that I have is who is the upgrade over JT?

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:13 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

rhoads30 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Rich wrote:

so cameron wake is not a legitimate starter at olb? and i think jason wanted more than a one year deal.

We don't know if WAKE will EVER be a solid starter. He couldn't make the GIANTS team, and excelled in the CFL, which is like semi-pro. As to C ANDERSON, he may also be a solid starter...or NOT. Even MOSES looked ok, especially that sack of Big Ben, where he looked like lightning in terms of quickness. To all of which, I say "Fine: so what?'

Look at JT's performance last season. He got 7 sacks, even though he played out of position (strong side instead of weak side) so as to accommodate the a$$hole PORTER, and even though he had to play a LOT more than he would have in his ANTICIPATED ROLE ("situational"--remember that?), thanks to the Cock$ucker formerly known as ROTH. Any complaints? Well...NO! I'm old enough to remember when that mattered to PARCELLS. Now, it seems, he's lost his balls as well as his voice: he just sits back and says nothing, and lets his p/o/s-puppet IRELAND try to play mind games. And disrespect? THIS IS IT.

Football is now all business, so I guess that's that...right? Only the stupid fans get emotional, when all they're good for is to make PIS, and ROSS, richer. But what goes around comes around. In Week Two, in LANDSHIT STADIUM, or whatever the #@&% ROSS calls it now, we will have JT as an opponent, and a member of a top shelf "D" coached by a man w/a proven record as to defense. And JT will very definitely have both a bad taste in his mouth and something to prove. He'll be like that proverbial "hungry" player, and "hungry" players are dangerous. And lastly, having been J LONG's teammate, and practiced against him countless times, JT knows every weakness or tendency or preference that LONG has. MARVELOUS, BILL!!! We THOUGHT you were SMART. (Let the record denote sarcasm).

I'll finish up now, because I'm having a nightmare, even though I'm awake. That nightmare, which recurs, is simply this: JT, here in MIAMI, in week Two, and in prime time, badly outplays J LONG, and destroys HENNE in the same way that PENNY got injured last season. Thereafter, and after UNsuccessful right shoulder surgery, HENNE joins w/the retired PENNY to form a team of vaudevillian, tap-dancing, one-armed former NFL QBs, and they take their act "on the road", and make millions after a cameo appearance on "Dancing With The Stars". They both stay retired, PIS professes to be happy w/WHITE as the starting QB (THIGPEN was traded in 2010 for a mid-to-low Draft Pick), and MIAMI goes 1-15 for the next 3 seasons. ZACK and JT refuse to have their names added to the "Ring Of Honor" and serve the MIAMI organization w/a permanent injunction. The fanbase tires of the "same old crap and boycotts the games, and even ROSS's entrepenurial brilliance fails to prevent it. As a result, MIAMI sets a record: most consecutive games blacked out, 19.
PARCELLS leaves, and goes to the JETS, replacing R RYAN, who had a fatal heart attack after the JETS won their third consecutive SB. GIANTS SYADIUM is renamed JETS STADIUM.

:jests: :jests: :jests: :jests: :jests: :jests: :jests: :jests:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:28 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I get a little more embarrassed by being a Dolphins fan every year. The front office is a joke when they handle things this way. First Dan, then Zach, now JT??

Pitiful.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:46 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
The only question that I have is who is the upgrade over JT?

Jerry Hughes :yay:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]