View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Tannehill moves ahead of RG3/Russel Wilson (REDRAFT) 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Tannehill moves ahead of RG3/Russel Wilson (REDRAFT)
Quote:
In a segment on NFL Network, analysts Heath Evans and Jamie Dukes did a re-draft of the 2012 class, and selected the quarterbacks again based on their performance so far in their careers and their future potential.

Indianapolis quarterback Andrew Luck was selected first, and then coming in at #2 was Miami Dolphins signal caller Ryan Tannehill, chosen ahead of the man who was picked before him in the actual draft in RGIII, and new Super Bowl champion Russell Wilson.

http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2014/t ... 2-re-draft

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:46 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Tannehill moves ahead of RG3/Russel Wilson (REDRAFT)
I'd say Luck, Wilson, Tannehill then RGIII.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Surprised he went ahead of Wilson.

I have them like this:

1. Wilson
2. Luck
3. Tannehill
4. RG3

Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:24 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Every year it could change. At the end of the first season I think the consensus would be that RG3 would have been the first QB off the board.

After 2 years I would go with:

1. Andrew Luck (still the most talented QB in that class).
2. Russell Wilson (Good accuracy and very intelligent QB)
3. Ryan Tannehill (has had to carry a team with a poor offensive line and lack of running game)
4. RG3 (don't count him out as that injury set him back. Look for a better 2014 season)

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:28 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
After 2 years I would go with:

1. Andrew Luck (still the most talented QB in that class).
2. Russell Wilson (Good accuracy and very intelligent QB)
3. Ryan Tannehill (has had to carry a team with a poor offensive line and lack of running game)
4. RG3 (don't count him out as that injury set him back. Look for a better 2014 season)

I agree with you Dave.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:21 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I still don't see it in Russell Wilson.... Not to say he's a scrub.... but that team is loaded with skill position players from every angle. Solid power Runner..... dual threat WR, solid stable.... strong TE... good OL... punishing Defense.... Sanchez would have been an SB MVP behind that team... I just dont see Wilson as a difference maker

Luck...... a LARGE resounding.... EH?!?.... being able to "dominate" a horrible AFC South this season is forgettable.... His overly hyped string of lucky 4th quarter comebacks.... is he talented? absolutely!!! But it's been WAYYYYY too early to annoint his as the next great QB of a generation. He's 1-2 in the playoffs.... 22-10 in the regular season.... and thats with 4 games against a bottom dwelling Jaguar team

Overall... Luck is 1-1 against Miami..... Wilson is 0-1 against Miami

Hate to sound like a homer on this one....I would take Tannehill #1 every single time

Compare the stats here...
Andrew Luck had a way better WR arsenal last year.... and nothing. This year, yea it was younger, and their schedule was easier.... and still NOTHING... a first round playoff win

Wilson... Has had a stacked offense for 2 years.... and a Superbowl win that really had nothing to do with him.... The Seattle defense outscored the Denver offense.. thats what won. Were his stats good for the season? sure! but balanced stats will come with a winning team

Tannehill was asked to carry a team with a playbook from 1992.... and he still put up a TD-INT ratio that has been 2nd best on the Dolphins since the days of Marino (maybe Fiedler came close).... highest passing yardage since Marino in 1994.... and all this with new parts, a struggling team that couldnt finish (i attribute it more to the run defense and lack of offensive play calling).

If you inserted Tannehill onto the Seattle roster... I think they would have been a potential undefeated team.

Give Tannehill the Colts roster and more importantly coaching.... Colts would have played the Broncos for the AFC title and possibly won it

So yea... redraft all you want.

1.) Tannehill
2.) Luck
3.) Foles
4.) Wilson
5.) Griffin

Yea... its like that. Foles is better than Wilson by a landslide!!!
Not giving up on Griffin yet, but hes gotta show some better maturity if he is ever gonna enter the conversation

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:13 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I'd take luck and tanny long before Wilson and Rg3. Even though Wilson won a sb already it was because of that defense.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:44 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

SkyHigh314 wrote:

1.) Tannehill
2.) Luck
3.) Foles
4.) Wilson
5.) Griffin

You know, just looking at this list of quarterbacks makes you wonder if 2012 was the year of the quarterback.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Class of 1983 First Rounders:
John Elway - 5 Super Bowl Starts... 2 SB Wins.... 1 SB MVP... 9 Pro Bowls, '92 MOTY award
Todd Blackledge- 6 year career.... 60.2 QB rating
Jim Kelly- 4 Super Bowl Starts..... 5x Pro Bowler
Tony Eason- 1 Super Bowl Start.... 7 year career 79.7 QB Rating
Ken O'Brien- 2x Pro Bowler, 10 year career.... 80.4 Rating
Dan Marino- 1 Super Bowl Start, 17 year career, every record in the books, 9 Pro Bowls, '98 MOTY award

Total: 6 Players.... 11 Super Bowl Starts/ 2 Super Bowl Wins... 25 Pro Bowls, 2 MOTY award

Class of 2012 First Rounders:
Andrew Luck- 2 Pro Bowls.... 1-2 Playoff Record
Robert Griffin III- 1 Pro Bowl... NFC Offensive ROTY .... 0-1 playoff record
Ryan Tannehill- broke franchise rookie record yardage.... '13 highest pass yds in 20 years for franchise
Brandon Weeden- 71.8 QB Rating... 20 NFL starts

Notables:
Russell Wilson- 2x Pro Bowl. 1 SB Title. Pepsi ROTY award
Nick Foles- 1 Pro Bowl... 1 Pro Bowl MVP. 3rd highest reg season QB Rating in NFL History (119.0)
Kirk Cousins Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week (Week 15, 2012)

Total: 7 players....6 Pro Bowls/ 1 Super Bowl Win/ 1 Super Bowl Win

Big Dave... You may be on to something... knock off Weeden/Cousins just to even out the playing field. And the class of '12 is one Super Bowl win away from matching the infamous class of '83..... 6 Pro Bowls so far, so they are a quarter of the way there only 2 years in....

I think the biggest factor will be longevity.... and out of this group... Luck looks like the only one that may have that going.... Maybe Tannehill if he picks up his pocket passer game.... Griffin is already damaged goods....

The question will be... How many of the 2012 class will have a 10 year career? Our comparison is against Elway and Marino after all

Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:00 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Yeah Wilson is a fluke .... Tannehill is the best of the bunch by far.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:24 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I dont think anyone called him a fluke...

But Of this Seattle World Championship team...... IS IT BECAUSE OF WILSON?

Doubtful... has he been efficient? Yes! Has he been Spectacular? FAR FROM IT

Just because he has a Ring he all of a sudden is the top of the class... sure, if thats what you base your numbers on, then Dilfer is a better QB than Marino (and you know he actually thinks he is)

That Seattle Championship team won thanks to one of the most physical defenses seen in a while.... I wont say Best defense in NFL history.... but definitely one of the most opportunistic, and aggressive.... and to that point, COCKY and boasting of swagger...... And more impressively, they did it WITHOUT schematics like the Bears and Ravens had to in 85/00

Wilson happened to be along for the ride...

In a straight comparison of QB's

1.) Tannehill
2.) Luck
3.) Foles
4.) Wilson
5.) Griffin

Same as stated earlier today

From a Numbers game.... Foles is had the best season, Wilson the most successful, Tannehill the most responsibility riding on his shoulders.

And in the end.... How much better were WIlsons numbers (2 more TDs and a bunch less INTs) that comes from not heaving desperation throws EVERY 4th Quarter.... thats what seperates those two...

And who put whom in that position.... their respective Defenses..... If Tannehill had Seattles Defense, his numbers would probably look like 3300 23 TDs 10 INTs......not being forced to play the role of hero..... which is exactly What Wilson doesnt have to do.

Hes a game manager plain and simple.... a good one! But nothing special. Luck is a rare prodigy. Griffin is a special player (and tainted at this point).... And in all, Tannehill is an GOOD athlete, Smart QB, and has the highest ceiling of them all..... and seems to have the best work ethic of the bunch from what i've seen around the league.... one of the good ol boys, wife makes him a brown bag lunch and goes to work like a construction worker, and plays hard in his down time.... EXACTLY what I want for a QB.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:30 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

SkyHigh314 wrote:
I dont think anyone called him a fluke...

But Of this Seattle World Championship team...... IS IT BECAUSE OF WILSON?

Doubtful... has he been efficient? Yes! Has he been Spectacular? FAR FROM IT

Just because he has a Ring he all of a sudden is the top of the class... sure, if thats what you base your numbers on, then Dilfer is a better QB than Marino (and you know he actually thinks he is)

That Seattle Championship team won thanks to one of the most physical defenses seen in a while.... I wont say Best defense in NFL history.... but definitely one of the most opportunistic, and aggressive.... and to that point, COCKY and boasting of swagger...... And more impressively, they did it WITHOUT schematics like the Bears and Ravens had to in 85/00

Wilson happened to be along for the ride...

In a straight comparison of QB's

1.) Tannehill
2.) Luck
3.) Foles
4.) Wilson
5.) Griffin

Same as stated earlier today

From a Numbers game.... Foles is had the best season, Wilson the most successful, Tannehill the most responsibility riding on his shoulders.

And in the end.... How much better were WIlsons numbers (2 more TDs and a bunch less INTs) that comes from not heaving desperation throws EVERY 4th Quarter.... thats what seperates those two...

And who put whom in that position.... their respective Defenses..... If Tannehill had Seattles Defense, his numbers would probably look like 3300 23 TDs 10 INTs......not being forced to play the role of hero..... which is exactly What Wilson doesnt have to do.

Hes a game manager plain and simple.... a good one! But nothing special. Luck is a rare prodigy. Griffin is a special player (and tainted at this point).... And in all, Tannehill is an GOOD athlete, Smart QB, and has the highest ceiling of them all..... and seems to have the best work ethic of the bunch from what i've seen around the league.... one of the good ol boys, wife makes him a brown bag lunch and goes to work like a construction worker, and plays hard in his down time.... EXACTLY what I want for a QB.

Please explain to me why Tannehill has the "highest ceiling" of them all? What metrics do you have that explain this cliche? What separates Wilson from Tanny is that Tanny's interceptions are inflated from heaving prayers every 4th quarter? WTF? LOL ...... Yeah that's it. Give me a break.

Your dismissal of Russell is laughable. Remember how that Seattle team played with Tavaris Jackson under it? Of course you conveniently don't. Where were they loaded at the WR position this year? Harvin was injured 99% of the year. You gonna tell me Kearse, Tate, Lockette, and Baldwin are among the game's best units? If they were Dolphins receivers you'd be bitching that we lack talent for Tanny.

Btw, comparing the play of Trent Dilfer to that of Russell is also one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here. Wilson wasn't "managing" in that Super Bowl. Beast Mode was shut down and Wilson flat out made plays. He was throwing darts out there.

You want to make an argument for #2, I might listen to you. But your post is completely devoid of rational thought. Just pure homerism and not giving other guys credit where credit is deserved.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:52 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I disagree that Wilson is nothing special. Back to back 100+ qb rating is not the usual in the nfl as well as maintaining your composer as a young qb good enough to win a sb. I think he has already shown he is special.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Russell is very special & if you remove those Tannehill tinted glasses you would see it. Once again we seem to fault a opossing QB because his staff decided to build a real team around him while this staff just lets decent players wither away because of their ability to do the same. As good as the Seattle TEAM is , it would be very easy for a second year subpar QB to come in & blow it. The QB completes the puzzle. Like I said in an earlier post it would have been easy for Wilson to come into that super bowl , on the biggest stage & bow to the pressure , he did not. In fact he excelled ,beating arguably the second best QB in the league (only Tannehill is better) but he kept his foot on the pedal , making 3rd down completions & guiding the team.
There seems to be this notion that by praising other QB's from that class you are degrading Tannehill. This is just plain not true.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:00 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

if you remove those Tannehill tinted glasses you would see it

The Skins should have traded the house for RT, no tinted glass here...move along, move along.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:53 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
Russell is very special & if you remove those Tannehill tinted glasses you would see it. Once again we seem to fault a opossing QB because his staff decided to build a real team around him ...

who are these we people?

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:54 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Has anyone heard any talk about RGIII needing to be benched?

Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:23 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Let's see... Why does Tannehill have a higher ceiling...

Height for one. Tanne has Wilson by what 7 inches.... and with that a larger wingspan, and higher launch point.

Speed.... pretty sure Tannehill is the FASTER of the two... a trait which hasnt been utilized

Positional Experience.... who would know a Wide receiver route tree better than some one who played WR in college.... can Wilson say as much?

Weather Durability..... i think ive seen an article documenting longer careers in better climate area's... I know Favre is an exception to the rule, but I would definitely think that playing in Miami could prolong a career than playing in Seattle (not taking into account injuries through the path)

Physical Durability and Vitality.... Sorry, THill was abused this season.... how many knock downs, how many sacks.... he was a punching bag like David Carr was for the Texans.... and he missed what? 1 series? has Wilson had to endure that kind of brutality? well we know Tanne can survive it (hopefully he wont have to any more), how many hits has Wilson taken in 2 years??

If i had time to back up more stats, this list could go on longer..... Point is, the dolphin-centric glasses are not on here..... Tannehill was the 2nd best QB in that draft class, RAWER and more physically gifted...... meaning.... point blank..... HIGHER CEILING!!!!

SO with that said. Will he become a perennial SB MVP? I dont know. But the fact is.... High Ceiling = Potential..... and we resort back to that rosey colored glasses of a Miami QB with potential, and potentially wasted talent.... thats great. But 2 years in.... EVEN THOUGH WILSON HAS A SB RING..... I STILL THINK TANNEHILL IS THE BETTER QB...

Im waiting for solid proof on why to think otherwise.... The Seahawk Defense is being compared to the 02 Bucs, 00 Ravens, and 85 bears..... all 3 of which had "nobodies" at QB.... Tannehill could have won that super bowl with that team..... and thats NOT a reach.

If their career ended today.... 1.) Wilson, 2.) Luck.. 3.) Foles 4.) RGIII 5.) Tannehill 6.) Weeden

But we got years to analyze this draft class

Luck was the next coming of Manning out of college, i dont blame anyone for picking him first in the current line up...

But T-Hill is definitely number 2... Just far too much upside

I will say that Wilson is probably the best Team Captain out of the bunch. And very Mature on camera, and in demeanor... def more so than Ryan, who seems to act like a goof-ball (but Marino was the same way off the field, look at all the old ESPN Mag articles in the 80s).

Pennington was a good leader too, doesnt make him the best QB if you dont have the tools.... T-Hill does (and the deep ball will come)... Wilson will suffer the Brees syndrome of being a short undersized QB... that a GREAT COACH will make the best of.... which is what carroll has done with that team.

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]