View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Brandon Albert 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Brandon Albert
Saw a rumor that the Dolphins will be trying to sign him. Wouldn't be a bad thing to sign a proven veteran and then draft another in the offensive lineman first round to solve one of our dilemmas.

http://nfltraderumors.co/dolphins-expec ... ee-agency/

Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Brandon Albert
rtwelve1993 wrote:
Saw a rumor that the Dolphins will be trying to sign him. Wouldn't be a bad thing to sign a proven veteran and then draft another in the offensive lineman first round to solve one of our dilemmas.

http://nfltraderumors.co/dolphins-expec ... ee-agency/

I hope we do. Would be nice to start the season with Albert at left tackle and Cyrus Kouandjio or Zack Martin at right tackle. Then we'll still have 5 or 6 picks to fill other need areas.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

swerve13 wrote:
I hope we do. Would be nice to start the season with Albert at left tackle and Cyrus Kouandjio or Zack Martin at right tackle. Then we'll still have 5 or 6 picks to fill other need areas.

Even if he demands a $10m annual contract? I'd tell the fat man to kick rocks and get lost.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:28 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Even if he demands a $10m annual contract? I'd tell the fat man to kick rocks and get lost.

1. He won't demand that much. More like in the $7 million a year range.

2. Even if he does, the Dolphins have the cap space.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:08 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Alex Mack might be another we should look at, as it would slide Pouncey over to guard and make better use of his athleticism. No matter what OL is the priority, I just hope they make an impact early in free agency.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:12 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

TommyNoleFin wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

1. He won't demand that much. More like in the $7 million a year range.

2. Even if he does, the Dolphins have the cap space.

Still have to resign Soliai or Starks, which will cost a pretty penny, not to mention Grimes and Patterson. Patterson might come on the cheap as he was injury prone, last year. Vontae Davis is available, I always thought we were nuts to trade him. I still can't believe he's only 25.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:20 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

rtwelve1993 wrote:
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Alex Mack might be another we should look at, as it would slide Pouncey over to guard and make better use of his athleticism. No matter what OL is the priority, I just hope they make an impact early in free agency.

I like that! And I'd rather have Jared Veldheer if Oakland lets him go

Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Albert is an elite left tackle when he's healthy. If he can be had at a team friendly price (not likely) then I'd love to see the Dolphins get him. My dream scenario is one where the Dolphins are able to find the salary cap space to sign Brandon Albert, Alex Mack, and bring back Incognito. Then, we would draft Taylor Lewan from Michigan with our 1st round pick. That would give us a line that looks like this:
LT - Albert
LG - Pouncey
C - Mack
RG - Incognito
RT - Lewan
You'd esentially have four Pro-Bowl caliber offensive linemen and a 1st round pick protecting Tannehill next year. With a line like that, the kid would have all day to find his targets. That line plus a healthy receiver group of Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews, Binns, Clay, Sims, and Egnew would be an excellent offense.

In addition, I'd then let Daniel Thomas go (or try to trade him for a late round pick) and then target a runningback in the 2nd round like Tre Mason or Carlos Hyde to add to our existing group (Miller and Gillislee).

The only problem with this plan is it takes a problem in one area and moves it to another. Signing Albert and Mack would eat up a large portion of our salary cap. Enough to the point where we'd likely be able to sign guys like Clemons, Patterson (if he restructures his existing deal), and maybe Starks. This opens us up to losing Grimes and Soliai, who are two big pieces of our defense.

I guess you could throw a couple of draft picks at those positions and hope some of our picks last season emerge. But that is simply wishful thinking.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:36 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Brandon Albertthe Dolphins have overpaid every free agency p
If there was ever a time for the Dolphins to overpay in free agency it is now. This OL must be addressed in free agency AND the draft.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:28 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I'd take Eugene Monroe over him. Cheaper and younger.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:29 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

rtwelve1993 wrote:

Maybe Pouncey gets upset at being "demoted" to guard and slams a tray in the cafeteria, checks himself into a clinic, claims he was bullied and then brings everyone down including himself with 48 pages of incriminating text messages...

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:30 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'm somewhat concerned about the Pouncey situation. He has the Aaron Hernandez case hanging over his head (we do not know his involvement yet) and his name is associated with a lot of drug use. If Miami uses the draft to address the line then guess who is the lone starting veteran presence?

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:32 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

StereoMike wrote:

Don't forget less talented.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:30 am

wkloiber13 wrote:
StereoMike wrote:

Don't forget less talented.

Wrong.

Monroe is just about as good in pass protection and a better run blocker.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:01 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I can't see Baltimore letting Monroe leave. They can re-sign him and draft Oher's replacement.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:50 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'm sick of hearing about this guy.......

Two rookie tackles made over 13 million last year and one was on his team.......He is not worth anything near that.......And he is gonna be the highest paid fa tackle

Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]