All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:19 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 782
Markus Wheaton - WR - Steelers Steelers WRs Markus Wheaton, Justin Brown and Derek Moye traveled to Irvine, California last week to work out with and catch passes from Ben Roethlisberger.
Big Ben requested the three young receivers to travel to the West Coast so that he could get a better feel for them. "It was really about (Roethlisberger) getting a feel for some of us a little bit more," Moye said. "We ran some different routes that he wanted to work with us individually on." Wheaton could see his snaps increase dramatically if the Steelers fail to re-sign one or both of Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery, who are free agents.

RotoWorld


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12382
Location: Raleigh, NC
:yay:

There is no excuse this year for Tannehill to be not be able to do a better job hitting the deep pass.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 25213
Location: Miami, FL
Big Dave wrote:
:yay:

There is no excuse this year for Tannehill to be not be able to do a better job hitting the deep pass.


If the offensive linemen in front of him continue allowing defensive players to get pressure in his face, there is. And good luck finding 4 offensive linemen in one offseason that can be a part of an effective offensive line.

There were only a few instances in which Tannehill missed deep throws when he wasn't getting pressure up the middle. Most of the time, he was letting the ball go when he was about to get hit. Hard to step into a throw when you do not have a clean pocket and it is extremely difficult to throw an accurate deep ball when you cannot step into a throw.

I don't see a scenario in which this offensive line will be revamped well enough to provide the adequate pocket for Tannehill to step into deep throws.

The other solution is for Tannehill to extend plays by using his legs and either he wasn't asked to do that or refused to do that a lot in 2013... although as the season went on, he did a little more of it to great effect.

Despite the good weapons on the outside and at tight end, Lazor has a tough challenge in front of him because more than likely, Tannehill will have little protection in front of him.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:38 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8560
Location: MA
Rich wrote:
And good luck finding 4 offensive linemen in one offseason that can be a part of an effective offensive line.


I've been fighting the notion til now but this comment has me thinking Miami might make a very strong run at Branden Albert and overpay for him. I figured there would be too much competition but other teams as desperate for a left tackle are well positioned to draft either Robinson or Matthews.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Miami pay Albert, Wade Smith and another guard to step in and go.

Back on topic. I'd be shocked if Tannehill didn't meet up with his receivers this offseason to work on things. The key this year is going to be Tannehill throwing more on the move and using his legs to pick up 1st downs. Instead of straight deep runs or comebacks I'm hoping Wallace is used more on drags and slants.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 325
Location: Scarborough, Maine
Rich wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
:yay:

There is no excuse this year for Tannehill to be not be able to do a better job hitting the deep pass.


If the offensive linemen in front of him continue allowing defensive players to get pressure in his face, there is. And good luck finding 4 offensive linemen in one offseason that can be a part of an effective offensive line.

There were only a few instances in which Tannehill missed deep throws when he wasn't getting pressure up the middle. Most of the time, he was letting the ball go when he was about to get hit. Hard to step into a throw when you do not have a clean pocket and it is extremely difficult to throw an accurate deep ball when you cannot step into a throw.

I don't see a scenario in which this offensive line will be revamped well enough to provide the adequate pocket for Tannehill to step into deep throws.

The other solution is for Tannehill to extend plays by using his legs and either he wasn't asked to do that or refused to do that a lot in 2013... although as the season went on, he did a little more of it to great effect.

Despite the good weapons on the outside and at tight end, Lazor has a tough challenge in front of him because more than likely, Tannehill will have little protection in front of him.


:yay:


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12382
Location: Raleigh, NC
Rich wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
:yay:

There is no excuse this year for Tannehill to be not be able to do a better job hitting the deep pass.


If the offensive linemen in front of him continue allowing defensive players to get pressure in his face, there is. And good luck finding 4 offensive linemen in one offseason that can be a part of an effective offensive line.

There were only a few instances in which Tannehill missed deep throws when he wasn't getting pressure up the middle. Most of the time, he was letting the ball go when he was about to get hit. Hard to step into a throw when you do not have a clean pocket and it is extremely difficult to throw an accurate deep ball when you cannot step into a throw.

I don't see a scenario in which this offensive line will be revamped well enough to provide the adequate pocket for Tannehill to step into deep throws.

The other solution is for Tannehill to extend plays by using his legs and either he wasn't asked to do that or refused to do that a lot in 2013... although as the season went on, he did a little more of it to great effect.

Despite the good weapons on the outside and at tight end, Lazor has a tough challenge in front of him because more than likely, Tannehill will have little protection in front of him.


Yep, I agree with that assessment. Sometimes we just assume that they are going to finally put a good OL together.

I'd like to see Lazor roll Tannehill out to buy time for a deep pass. The only problem with that is that it cuts the field in half as it is not good practice to throw against the body.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 25213
Location: Miami, FL
Big Dave wrote:
I'd like to see Lazor roll Tannehill out to buy time for a deep pass. The only problem with that is that it cuts the field in half as it is not good practice to throw against the body.


Rollouts are much more effective when you have a running game. You can then use playaction and keep the QB safe. If you rollout without the threat of a running game, it actually makes it easier for the defensive end to pressure the QB.

Again, this goes back to the offensive line.

Hickey better hit on some offensive linemen in the draft or free agency or it will be more of the same for the Dolphins.

We have enough weapons at the skill position, but our offensive line is quite an albatross.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 3497
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Rich wrote:
We have enough weapons at the skill position


That's a start. We haven't been able to truthfully say that in several years.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:47 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8560
Location: MA
AFCMiamiEast wrote:
Rich wrote:
We have enough weapons at the skill position


That's a start. We haven't been able to truthfully say that in several years.


Better hope they're all healthy. Three WRs coming off of knee injuries.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:55 am 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11920
Location: Lancaster, PA
The one thing that gives me some hope is Lazor. I have a good feeling about him advancing Tanny's career.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:57 am 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:45 am
Posts: 440
ya i am kind of hoping they keep richie for a year or 2 just because it's 1 less GOOd line man to find...

I don'r like the guy ... but he is solid... and well we can think whet we want.. the truth is.. he will play for someone next season.. and do a pretty decent job at that.. I would hope that he learns from this mess and comes back with something to prove..


then part of me says... did i just write that.... cut the bastard.... If we didn't need an o-line so damm bad this would be a no brainer..


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Ski_Money, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r