View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Incognito hires PR firm to press that he’s not a bully 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Incognito hires PR firm to press that he’s not a bully
I think the entire NFL knows he is a bully and a meathead. He should just save his money. The Dolphins should have known not to put him in any type of leadership role as he needs constant monitoring.

Quote:
Incognito hires a PR firm to press the case that he’s not a bully
Posted by Michael David Smith

Richie Incognito, the suspended Dolphins offensive lineman accused of bullying teammate Jonathan Martin, is firing back at Martin’s accusations.

A Fox News story says that Incognito has hired a public relations firm to make the case that he is no bully. Incognito is promoting that Fox News story on Twitter, and he also privately reached out to PFT on Twitter — and then, for some reason, blocked PFT from reading his tweets.

According to Incognito, Martin made vulgar comments to him, just as he made vulgar comments to Martin, and it was all within the spirit of typical locker room razzing.

“The coarse and unacceptable comments and text messages that were sent to Jonathan Martin were of the same poor taste as those sent by him,” Incognito’s attorney said in a statement. “All of these communications were provided to Ted Wells and the NFL investigation. What they show is banter between friends, not bullying. . . . Jonathan Martin sent text messages to Richie Incognito which included threats to send someone over to Richie Incognito’s home with a ‘tranquilizer gun and sandpaper condoms’ to homosexually rape him. Jonathan Martin sent another that said he would ‘kill [Richies’s] whole family.’ There was another where Jonathan Martin indicated he would ejaculate in Richie’s face.”

If that’s just locker room banter, it sounds like a real charming locker room they had in Miami.

Incognito is also claiming that what really made Martin upset during the season was that he was about to lose his spot in the starting lineup, and bullying was just a pretext for him leaving the team.

Ted Wells, the independent investigator appointed by the NFL, is expected to release his report on the matter soon. Neither Incognito nor Martin is expected to be back with the Dolphins in 2014.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... t-a-bully/

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:09 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Incognito hires PR firm to press that he’s not a bully
I think he should push it out there. He was used as a scapegoat.

The texts we read making Ritchie look like an a33 are not so vulgar when they are in response to a guy saying he is sending someone over to gay rape you with sandpaper condoms, "threatening" to kill his family, and ejaculating on his face...

Martin sure sounds like a real classy guy..

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:05 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I bet Martin's trophy room is filled with "participation" trophies and 4th place ribbons.

Seriously, the more information that comes out the more it is pointing to him just not being able to handle the fact that he wasn't as good as the GM/coach hyped him up to be.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:05 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

jammer wrote:
I bet Martin's trophy room is filled with "participation" trophies and 4th place ribbons.

Seriously, the more information that comes out the more it is pointing to him just not being able to handle the fact that he wasn't as good as the GM/coach hyped him up to be.

I think Richie acts like he is a 12 year old kid.... However he thought he was with friends at the time...

I bet that PR firm is thinking 1 WOOT were gonna make a mint....
2 How the heck do we stop the bleeding.....

Richie will play again... shame it won't be for us IMO because i think he loves this team and you can't say that for many players today... i'm betting wherever he ends up.. he thinks a bit more abiut who he calls friend..

Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:12 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

just listened to this report on the whole mess..

talking about how martin's story does not add up...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... -texts-too

Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:45 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Not a big fan of Incognito. The stuff he said was moronic no matter how comfortable he thought he was around his teammates.

To me it looks like Martin had problems, didn't know how to handle it, and figured Incognito was the easiest target to take blame. Incognito has a history, was on camera using slurs, had an incident of harassment and left some pretty homophobic evidence via text and voicemail. My bet is Martin thought this was a slam dunk opportunity to deflect negative attention from himself and let the media take down Incognito.

Well, unfortunately Martin was not too bright in leaving plenty of evidence showing himself to be a complete hypocrite. His "I was just trying to fit in" defense is falling on deaf ears at this point.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Agree with most of what has been said. Incognito is a jerk. But he is the scapegoat in this. Martin has the maturity of a small child and will never have a shot at an NFL job again.

Quote:
Schamel added: "Jonathan Martin sent text messages to Richie Incognito which included threats to send someone over to Richie Incognito's home with a 'tranquilizer gun and sandpaper condoms' to homosexually rape him. Jonathan Martin sent another that said he would 'kill (Richies’s) whole family.' There was another where Jonathan Martin indicated he would ejaculate in Richie’s face.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:05 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

It was a "perfect storm" of an aggressive personality, a guy with some issues, and an ineffective staff.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator

This is great stuff! Hiring a PR firm to press that you are not a bully. Only the Miami Dolphins!!

Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:51 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Richie Incognito is a tough hard nose lineman. Yeah, the years prior to Miami he was a jerk, but he straightened him a lot more vs. the way he was and getting thrown under the bus by another 6'5 325 pound puss that was his lineman teammate is absurd.

I hope Martin ends up on the couch eating ho-ho's the rest of his life. Every time I read about this reminds me of how ridiculous the story is and how much of a giant panzy Martin is.

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:14 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:16 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

http://cbsmiami.files.wordpress.com/201 ... ssages.pdf

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/01/30/in ... an-martin/

Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Finhead34 wrote:
Yeah, the years prior to Miami he was a jerk

And somehow that changed when he was sexually assaulting and degrading that volunteer with a golf club?

Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:59 pm

Rich wrote:
Finhead34 wrote:
Yeah, the years prior to Miami he was a jerk

And somehow that changed when he was sexually assaulting and degrading that volunteer with a golf club?

What changed was that he was a Dolphin & therefor earns a pass. Prior to Miami he was a jerk , being in Miami of course changed all that ... oh yeah unless you count what you mentioned Rich.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:10 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

What changed was that he was a Dolphin & therefor earns a pass. Prior to Miami he was a jerk , being in Miami of course changed all that ... oh yeah unless you count what you mentioned Rich.

Hell yeah Mitch, she wanted it and deserved it!

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:04 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

You got me there Rich.....I actually forgot about the golf club incident.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:08 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

and now this:

Quote:
On July 29, 2013, Incognito is exchanging texts with Martin and said, “Pop a couple Molly I’m sweeeeatin.”
On August 31, 2013, Incognito is trying to coax Martin to go out with him and two women when Martin writes, “My friend Mary Jane has me glued to the couch.” Incognito writes back, “F***** stoner. Take a shower and get ur a** down here. These bit**** are ready.”
Martin responds, “I’m staying in man. My liver can’t take anymore abuse.” Incognito texts back, “Me too,” before texting back about 90 minutes later, “Broooooo Ur missing out.”
Later in September 2013, the duo are exchanging messages again with Incognito texting Martin asking, “R u alive?” Martin responded, “Haha yeah. That was fun.” Incognito wrote back, “Hell yea Did u go to pouncey’s after? I’ll kill u if u did.”
Martin wrote back in two straight messages, “Lol hell no. No drugs for me rest of season.” Incognito texted back, “Goooood That s*** is ridiculous.”
- See more at: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... JlEAT.dpuf

So our best lineman is now implicated, it just gets worse.

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]