View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Free Agent Options 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Free Agent Options
Blount punched someone on his first NFL team, I think the Titans. I believe Blount has grown up a ton since being in the NFL. He had no suspensions or any trouble.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:01 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I think Seattle and San Fran have the blue prints Miami needs. After watching the game last night I think Miami should throw some money at the tackle positions and get a guy like Blount to take pressure off of Tannehill.

I'd like to see Miami make some big moves to optimize the defense. Seattle's pass rush ability without even blitzing blew me away.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:19 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

jammer wrote:
I'd like to see Miami make some big moves to optimize the defense. Seattle's pass rush ability without even blitzing blew me away.

We can do this... if Coyle could figure out a way to get Wake, Jordan and Vernon on the field at the same time.

Seattle uses 3 defensive ends a lot.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:27 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:

We can do this... if Coyle could figure out a way to get Wake, Jordan and Vernon on the field at the same time.

I would imagine Jordan could work as an OLB in a 4-3. He seemed to do a very nice job of covering TEs. I'd think Vernon could work at OLB as well but he proved this year to be a good DE so why mess with it.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:58 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
The Palm Beach Post says not to be surprised if the Dolphins "go hard" after free agent LT Branden Albert.
After giving up a league-high 58 sacks this season, adding talent to the offensive line should be the Dolphins' top priority. Head coach Joe Philbin reportedly wanted to trade a second-round pick to acquire Albert last offseason, but since-fired GM Jeff Ireland wanted to give Jonathan Martin time to develop at the position. That decision backfired in explosively humiliating fashion for all parties involved. Albert, PFF's No. 28 tackle this season, is going to be asking for around $8-$9 million per season -- the going rate for quality blind-side protectors.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:50 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

The thing I would like about going after Albert is that it opens up a lot of possibilities in the draft. Right now every mock draft under the sun pretty much has Miami taking one either Zack Martin, Taylor Lewan or Cyrus Kouandijo.

If Miami re-signs Grimes and Soliai, and can land Albert and maybe a decent guard they allow themselves a lot of flexibility.

With all of that said, Albert is going to have a lot of bidders and there really isn't anything behind the rumor other than the PBP running with the story that I believe was created to make Philbin look better and explain the dismissal of Ireland.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:13 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

If we get Albert I still want Martin or Kouandjio in the first round. Must fix the biggest weakness 100% through. Then maybe Tre Mason or a defensive tackle in round 2.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:32 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Blount punched someone on his first NFL team, I think the Titans. I believe Blount has grown up a ton since being in the NFL. He had no suspensions or any trouble.

WouIdn't want Bluont unless he was competing for a job..He is not the kind of guy you just hand a fat contract too and give a roster spot ...Imo. And i was beating the power back thing all season

I would rather other options...And sign Spikes to stop him. Spikes is a power back for our defense. And he hates Billycheat

Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:38 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:

I don't like the idea of signing Blount because a veteran lockeroom like NE can handle him but not sure if he would do well in our lockeroom where we don't have strong veteran leadership. I would prefer Rashad Jennings (Raiders) or Bernard Scott (Ravens). Neither should be expensive but i especially like the way Jennings took over when McFadden was injured.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:18 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

MdDolfan wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I don't like the idea of signing Blount because a veteran lockeroom like NE can handle him but not sure if he would do well in our lockeroom where we don't have strong veteran leadership. I would prefer Rashad Jennings (Raiders) or Bernard Scott (Ravens). Neither should be expensive but i especially like the way Jennings took over when McFadden was injured.

Ben Tate also....helps we have his former O Line coach as well......

Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Free agent LT Jared Veldheer hinted to 95.7 The Game in San Francisco that he's not satisfied with his contract talks with the Raiders.
"I'd like to see a little more urgency," said Veldheer, who is Rotoworld's No. 2 free agent offensive tackle behind only Eugene Monroe. (We have Branden Albert third.) Veldheer turns 27 in June, and the Raiders can't afford to lose him. Oakland GM Reggie McKenzie is currently sitting on a league-high $61.3 million in salary cap space. As free agents won't be beating down the door to play for the Raiders, McKenzie needs to start putting it to use very soon.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:28 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:
Rich wrote:
shularino wrote:
His stats were in line with Tanny's.

What does "in line" mean exactly?

Year 13.......................Henne..........................Tannehill

Rating:..........................76.5................................81.7
YPG:............................216.1..............................244.6
Comp %:......................60.6.................................60.4
TD:..................................13....................................24
INT:.................................14....................................17

Tanny definitely had the better season, but they're comparable on Comp% and Rating.

Actually they're pretty far apart on QB rating. Five points worth of QB rating is a huge gap. Thirty yards per game is a difference of almost 500 yards. So we're really talking about 500 yards 11 touchdowns and 4 team wins. That's a pretty big difference of a season if you ask me. The only area where they are comparable is completion percentage, and that is only because Tannehill's numbers in that department dipped significantly the last two weeks of the season. Factor in that Tannehill was playing behind what quite possibly was the worst offensive line in team history and you can tell there is a significant talent gap between the two.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:41 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
If we get Albert I still want Martin or Kouandjio in the first round. Must fix the biggest weakness 100% through. Then maybe Tre Mason or a defensive tackle in round 2.

Would love the Tre Mason pick in the 2nd!
:yay:

Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:46 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Rich wrote:
jammer wrote:

I would imagine Jordan could work as an OLB in a 4-3. He seemed to do a very nice job of covering TEs. I'd think Vernon could work at OLB as well but he proved this year to be a good DE so why mess with it.

Jordan is not only able to cover tightends, he's actually covered runningbacks and slot receivers as well when he was at Oregon. I initially thought he was going to replace Koa Misi when we first drafted him. I'd love to see us replace Misi with Jordan at OLB. He's an explosive athlete that could really boost our pass rush on all downs.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:54 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

What do you guys think of us making a move to get Alex Mack the Pro Bowl center from Cleveland and then re-signing Incognito. This way we could have Pouncey at LG, Mack at C, and Incognito at RG. We'd have three Pro Bowl caliber players on our interior offensive line. Then we could pursue a tackle in free agency and another in the draft.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:57 am

wkloiber13 wrote:
What do you guys think of us making a move to get Alex Mack the Pro Bowl center from Cleveland and then re-signing Incognito.

:crap

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:28 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

No thanks.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:41 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
The Bengals are interested in re-signing impending free agent LT Anthony Collins, but are willing to let him test the market.
Collins was stellar in pass protection last season, and re-signing him would allow the Bengals to keep OL Andrew Whitworth at the guard position he flourished in the second half of 2013. Cincinnati is prepared to let Collins walk, however, if another team is willing to pay over the odds. The best-case scenario for the Bengals is Collins finds a soft market and returns at a discounted price. Collins is our No. 5 free-agent offensive tackle.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:08 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

swerve13 wrote:
Quote:
The Bengals are interested in re-signing impending free agent LT Anthony Collins, but are willing to let him test the market.
Collins was stellar in pass protection last season, and re-signing him would allow the Bengals to keep OL Andrew Whitworth at the guard position he flourished in the second half of 2013. Cincinnati is prepared to let Collins walk, however, if another team is willing to pay over the odds. The best-case scenario for the Bengals is Collins finds a soft market and returns at a discounted price. Collins is our No. 5 free-agent offensive tackle.

Can't remember but I thought the knock on Collins was poor conditioning and effort when he came out of Kansas. Makes me worried if he gets a big contract. But if he has the drive then and can be had for less than Albert I'd say go after him.

Your other post about Veldheer is interesting. Oakland has 60 million freaking dollars in cap space and they are screwing up the one guy they should re-sign?

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:46 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Is it me or at this time last year weren't there articles and predication of FA signings everywhere?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion or even rumors circulating. Some here and there, but the volume seems much lower this year.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:36 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
Is it me or at this time last year weren't there articles and predication of FA signings everywhere?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion or even rumors circulating. Some here and there, but the volume seems much lower this year.

It's still early yet. But I think most assume Graham will be franchised by the Saints, so Eric Decker will be the story. Not much after that to talk about.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2