View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Dolphins in troubled waters in offensive coordinator search 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins in troubled waters in offensive coordinator search
Please tell me they are just being covert about Gary Kubiak. That guy is the best available choice for OC and better than any of these other guys mentioned yet his name has been vaguely mentioned along the way.

Ross, just do what you do and that is open your pocket book and just get the guy. He has the ethics and personality to get along great with Philbin and he will be the BEST mentor for Ryan Tannehill to help him develop and possibly turn that corner.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 7499.story

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:26 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Dolphins in troubled waters in offensive coordinator search
Miami is not Kubiak's only option. Could take a year off, replace Greg Roman in SF if he leaves for a college HC job, interview for Cleveland HC job...

He has to weigh Miami in this fashion: if he goes there and turns Tannehill into a top 10-12 QB then Miami is a playoff team next year and maybe he holds the job for a couple years. That rebuilds his resume and he's a hot HC candidate in 2015 or 2016 (worked well for Whisenhunt).

Or the bad route happens. Philbin is confirmed as the problem, team falls flat, everyone gets fired and Kubiak takes a step backward in his career.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:18 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Pretty sure when HC's get canned they are paid through the end of the contract unless they take another coaching job (meaning OC or pos coach) so Kubiak is being paid as a HC through the 2014 season..

He may just relax and get healthy then come back and interview for the vacant HC jobs next year... He will take a pay cut and more responsibility by coming here...

The lame duck staff will get lame duck guys looking to add to the resume. The only chance I see Kubiak here is if he feels he can sneak in through the OC job to take over as HC..

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:01 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

This is because Philben is taking his sweet time in choosing his OC ... unless he wants someone from one of the 4 playoff teams.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:09 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

10acjed wrote:
Pretty sure when HC's get canned they are paid through the end of the contract unless they take another coaching job (meaning OC or pos coach) so Kubiak is being paid as a HC through the 2014 season..

He may just relax and get healthy then come back and interview for the vacant HC jobs next year... He will take a pay cut and more responsibility by coming here...

The lame duck staff will get lame duck guys looking to add to the resume. The only chance I see Kubiak here is if he feels he can sneak in through the OC job to take over as HC..

The only reason I don't worry about the money is because Ross isn't afraid to pay. If Kubiak argues money and Ross/Philbin really want him then Ross will do what is necessary via the checkbook.

Kubiak has to determine 3 things: Is this a playoff team (talent wise) the next year or maybe 2 under my offense? Can I get Tannehill to be a 90+ rated QB carrying his team into the playoffs? Can I find the next Foster/Tate to take some pressure off of the passing game?

If Kubiak can show he got the team over the playoff hump, built a balanced offense (which he now will have shown in Den, Hou and Mia), and got a young QB into top 10 status then he is back into the HC conversation.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:13 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I wanted Kubiak, but very excited Lazor got the job!!

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:39 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Finhead34 wrote:
I wanted Kubiak, but very excited Lazor got the job!!

Same criteria can apply to Lazor. If he gets this offense going he will be looking at head coaching opportunities a few years down the road.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]