View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Dolphins reportedly interested in Gary Kubiak, Kyle Shanahan 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins reportedly interested in Gary Kubiak, Kyle Shanahan
Gary Kubiak in my opinion would be the guy I would hire as he is a great offensive mind and if that is what he had to focus on is an OC I think he would be a great mentor to Ryan Tannehill. It would also serve as a having like a double head coach on staff too as I like that concept of experienced coaching. I understand Kubiak could be a HC candidate again in the future, but if Tannehill can have him for even a year or two, IMO, I think that is well worth this guy's expertise.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ordinator/

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:41 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Dolphins reportedly interested in Gary Kubiak, Kyle Shanahan
A few years ago I got real excited when we hired Nolan as our DC. He was the big "name" out there & we actually landed him. However poor Head Coaching trumps any scheme that a coordinator might instill. Im afraid any decent OC we will hire will be one & done once the new GM (and we all should be very concerned about that hire as well) installs his own brand when he cleans house this time next year. We still have the Laurel & Hardy of the NFL here in Ross & Philbin. Ross better make the right decisions because he is already being compared down here as to being a worse owner than Luria of the Marlins. If we thought this got ugly this time , a year from now could be a pandemic.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:34 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Dolphins reportedly interested in Gary Kubiak, Kyle Shanahan
You are probably right FINesse. I like Kubiak for the role and he would be the right guy (I think) but realistically probably not long term, UNLESS, Philbin has another bad year and Kubiak slid into his HC spot.

However, I don't want to stomach another losing season, so let's hope they finally get this thing right this off season and assemble a better all around team, filling the necessary position voids to become a playoff team.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]