View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Agent: Taylor wanted to remain a Dolphin 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Agent: Taylor wanted to remain a Dolphin
:boo: to the Dolphins front office for not signing him.

:boo: to JT for going to our hated rival. He of all people knows better.

Quote:
Agent: Taylor wanted to remain a Dolphin
April, 20, 2010
By Tim Graham

Jason Taylor didn't have much of a decision to make when it came to re-signing with the Miami Dolphins.

Agent Gary Wichard said the Dolphins never put an offer on the table for Taylor to consider this offseason.

The Dolphins "made no commitment to him," Wichard told a South Florida radio station, according to a story from Newark Star-Ledger reporter Manish Mehta. "And he made a total commitment to [the Dolphins]. If there was an offer, I promise you he would have signed it last week.

"His heart is down in South Florida. But at the end of the day, he wanted to play football."

Mehta also relayed a text message Taylor sent to sports-talk host Dan LeBatard of 790 the Ticket, Miami's ESPN Radio affiliate.

"They offered me an extension in November for the same money as 2009," LeBatard read from Taylor's text. "When I said I would like to negotiate in an uncapped year, they pulled the offer in December and said nothing since."

The Dolphins stated they wouldn't address Taylor's future with the club until after the draft.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... -a-dolphin

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Agent: Taylor wanted to remain a Dolphin
This falls squarly on the shoulders on the FO. JT did what he had to do, although it is unfortunate that he chose NY.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Brian Cox anyone?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:12 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phins Rock wrote:
This falls squarly on the shoulders on the FO. JT did what he had to do, although it is unfortunate that he chose NY.

I think he understands that even though he's getting paid, he tarnished his reputation with a lot of fans. He traded the money for all that he's worked for in Miami. Most fans will not forgive him.

As an example of what JT should have done, Dan the Man turned the Vikings down when the Dolphins FO spurned him. For someone that threatened retirement several times, JT ended up being nothing but hot air.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Alright, everyone wants to criticize the front office on this one. I see things a little differently. First, Taylor was the one who turned down the Dolphins offer to extend his contract last year. To me, this says that Jason was out for some money this season. Second, the Dolphins are on record as having said that they will address Jason Taylor's contract after the draft. So either Taylor and his agent are trying to scare the Dolphins into a contract or they are just out for a payday. Either way, I'm not happy about it. It's just dissapointing with both sides. Shame on you Jason for not taking the deal, and shame on you front office for not ponying up a little more money for a proven guy like Taylor. Let's hope Taylor gives the Dolphins until after the draft, and let's hope the Dolphins do the right thing and re-sign him to a reasonable deal.
:hithead:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:50 pm
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

Big Dave wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I think he understands that even though he's getting paid, he tarnished his reputation with a lot of fans. He traded the money for all that he's worked for in Miami. Most fans will not forgive him.

As an example of what JT should have done, Dan the Man turned the Vikings down when the Dolphins FO spurned him. For someone that threatened retirement several times, JT ended up being nothing but hot air.

:bravo2: You hit it right on the head Dave. @PR Clearly the front office didn't want him, so yes it falls on their shoulders, that's their job, to make tough decisions. I don't care if he is here or not, I will trust their judgment. No excuse but cash and revenge to play for the Jets. I hope he gets his arse kicked up and down the field all year long!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:52 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Big Dave wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

But why should Taylor have to retire? Marino, God Bless Him, was done. He was terrible that last season in Miami.

Taylor can still play. With some of the things Salguero has been writing about this whole thing, it sounds like the FO really became pretty whiny after Taylor turned down a BS contract offer in November.

Guy wants to win a championship. He has a decent chance in NY. Good luck to him.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:56 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

If Taylor really wanted to remain a Dolphin, he would have waited to sign this deal til after the draft..

Neither team is going to draft an impact player like Taylor. Specially not the Fins.

Fact is Jason felt a bit of animosity towards this new regime and wanted to stick it to them... They did give him the run around, and could have easily solved all of this by giving him a 1.5 deal wit another 1.5 in performance bonuses and he would have took it...

Both sides are at fault..

But Ireland - Parcells are still Dolphins. Taylor is a Jet...

Therefore Jason IS the ENEMY to me... :jests:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]