Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject: 8-8
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:51 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Proves the point that we are an average team, medicore, whatever. We had a chance and our QB choked two weeks in a row. The picks were on him and he missed Wallace deep again. He also missed a wide open Hartline and he didn't judge where the 1st down marker was on his run. Funny how the RB in the Jet's wildcat package throws a better deep ball than RT. Draft a QB for at least some competition. It all starts with the Qb, ask the Lions and Cowboys.

Post subject: Re: 8-8
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:57 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

All the Dolphins had to do was win their last two games against teams with losing records. No one showed up. The games were lost by all positions in those games. That speaks of talent. When the teams that the Dolphins beat this year improved, we did not. In fact, we went backwards. I do not see this team going in the right direction.

I think Ireland is gone, and I am sure the new GM will want his own coach to lead the team. The Dolplhins have a starting QB who improved in his second season. I'm not sure how attractive this team is.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:01 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

1st pick was on Wallace. He slipped & the instead of just catching it on his knees. He falls back away from the ball, allowing Milliner the opening to jump the catch.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:02 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Another pick by RT on another high throw. Ouch...

Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

So who's the scapegoat on this one?

Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Ryan Tannehill is nothing more than Chad Henne.

Blow it up and start over, a foot fetish coach and Geno Smith kicked our a$$ and we are the worst football team team in the AFC East.

The Steelers are winners, with big Ben and Ryan Tannehill sucks, big time, but its okay, just get rid of this clown.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:03 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

Garbage time Int at the end of the game are not the same for me.

Rock Sexton wrote:

Its on Tanny.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:05 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

What to do with Tannehill.... Guy has a chance to be a hero and he melts two weeks in a row. That slide on 3rd and 21 is inexcusable. Three picks with the season on the line.... Awful against Buffalo last week. Can't connect on the deep ball...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:06 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Coaching, OL, no running game, losing Hartline, wallce sucking, RT taking too many sacks, the excuses go on and on. RT can't hit the deep ball, he missed a wide open Hartline and he missed countless throws. Let's also mention not knowing where the 1st down marker was on that run. Yes, he has improved, but it's not good enough in this league. the QB needs to be the leader and the playmaker. the Lions and Cowboys know this to be true and we are finding this out as well. coaching staff needs to go though, they are horrible.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:08 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Guys its coaching. Pete Carrol comes in & turns Seattle into a juggernaut in 4 yrs. Harbaugh turns the Niners into a juggernaut his first yr.

Its the coaching.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:09 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Garbage time Int at the end of the game are not the same for me.

Fact remains he threw it high again. Garbage time or not, he played like crap this week and last. When he plays good, we win, when he plays like crap we lose.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:10 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Here is the new bus:

Sherman forgot to put gas in the tank.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:11 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

My gut tells me Philbin is safe. I also think Ireland is as well but if there is a scapegoat it will be him.. Sherman might be forced to retire. I dont think he will be fired publicly.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:12 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
Fact remains he threw it high again. Garbage time or not, he played like crap this week and last. When he plays good, we win, when he plays like crap we lose.
He has some work to do. I do not judge based on one game. I take the season as a whole & as a whole he was a positive.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:13 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FINesse wrote:
My gut tells me Philbin is safe. I also think Ireland is as well but if there is a scapegoat it will be him.. Sherman might be forced to retire. I dont think he will be fired publicly.

Don't see how Ross can fire Ireland & not Philben. New GM generally wants his coach.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:14 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

He has some work to do. I do not judge based on one game. I take the season as a whole & as a whole he was a positive.

8-8 and missing the playoffs when all you had to do was beat the Bills or Jets is a huge negative for me. He was very inconsistent, which is bad in today's NFL.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:15 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Big Dave wrote:
All the Dolphins had to do was win their last two games against teams with losing records. No one showed up. The games were lost by all positions in those games. That speaks of talent. When the teams that the Dolphins beat this year improved, we did not. In fact, we went backwards. I do not see this team going in the right direction.

Thats it right there. The Hardest Part of being a Dolphin fan is feeling like WE care more than the team does

Big Dave wrote:
I think Ireland is gone, and I am sure the new GM will want his own coach to lead the team. The Dolplhins have a starting QB who improved in his second season. I'm not sure how attractive this team is.

Man I don't care if its Ireland gone, Sherman gone, or every stinking person in the organization under Ross. This year was a disaster when you consider all the areas. Our PR team, our talent evaluators (O-line from multiple sides), our special teams (theres no reason to keep Thigpen), but Most of All the attitude of this team. There is no fight, desire, or belief in Winning, the single goal of this business. & that reflects to leadership.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:16 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I'm on board with cleaning house as far as coaching goes.

People need to understand that Tannehill is not Brady or Brees. He's probably Flacco like, which means he can win but will never be elite. That is good enough in my opinion.

As for the deep ball, its frustrating. But he gets leveled on most throws and can't step into a lot of them. When the protection improves his game will improve. I've seen enough this year for me to believe he will be the QB for a while.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:17 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Add in our non playing draft picks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:18 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

RT is a solid young QB worth building around. He has a crap coaching staff. Absolute crap.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:18 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

This is the worst condition the AFC East has been in a long time, and the Dolphins swung for the fences and whiffed. If you cant get it done this year, then you might not have what it takes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

8-8 and missing the playoffs when all you had to do was beat the Bills or Jets is a huge negative for me. He was very inconsistent, which is bad in today's NFL.

Mak, no question, Ryan Tannehill has a lot of work to do. For the life of me, I don't see why he does not use his legs more to make plays and he has to work on his accuracy.

But this kid has been hit ALOT. Sacked 58 times and hit on numerous other occasions.

Sorry, but this coaching staff leaves a lot to be desired. GM Jeff Ireland has done some good things, but it is inexcusable to let this offensive line get this BAD.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:20 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

RT is a solid young QB worth building around. He has a crap coaching staff. Absolute crap.

I'd like to believe that Junkie, but that miss to Wallace changed the entire chemistry of this team today. QB plays weighs so much on today's NFL teams.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:21 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

jammer wrote:
I'm on board with cleaning house as far as coaching goes.

People need to understand that Tannehill is not Brady or Brees. He's probably Flacco like, which means he can win but will never be elite. That is good enough in my opinion.

As for the deep ball, its frustrating. But he gets leveled on most throws and can't step into a lot of them. When the protection improves his game will improve. I've seen enough this year for me to believe he will be the QB for a while.

I still think Tannehill is good & getting better. He did some amazing things in a pitiful offense, & despite leading the league in sacks.

He can't wait for a new OC to take the next step tho. If he wants it then RT has to go out & take it for himself. I didn't see an ounce of fire in him this year. Marino may of kicked an O-lineman or two in the balls if were on this team

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:22 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

But this kid has been hit ALOT. Sacked 58 times and hit on numerous other occasions

I would say conservative that 20 sacks are on him. he needs pocket awareness and a quicker release. Yes, he needs to use his legs more as he matures into a pocket passer. He rolled out today once and threw a strike.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:24 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:

I'd like to believe that Junkie, but that miss to Wallace changed the entire chemistry of this team today. QB plays weighs so much on today's NFL teams.

The same could be said for Matthews (?) drop on 3rd & short too. Tanne hit him in the hands. He makes that catch, the drive rolls, & who knows whats next.

I don't understand why Tanne & Wallace cant connect tho bro, honestly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:24 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:
But this kid has been hit ALOT. Sacked 58 times and hit on numerous other occasions

I would say conservative that 20 sacks are on him. he needs pocket awareness and a quicker release. Yes, he needs to use his legs more as he matures into a pocket passer. He rolled out today once and threw a strike.

Is it just me, or was pocket awareness one of his strengths last year? He seems to have regressed in that area.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:25 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:

Does Wallace even catch it?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:26 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The same could be said for Matthews (?) drop on 3rd & short too

Sure, but the Wallace miss happened earlier, so we might not have been in that situation.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

7-9 +/- a game for 5 years in a row. Heads need to roll. Tannehill is improving, but Ireland is not putting a team together at all. They played flat two weeks in a row with the playoffs on the line. Ireland seems to get rid of more good players than he brings in. The coaching staff has no idea how to use the talent they have. Time to start over again.....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:32 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Improvement overall from tannehill.....wallace is a fa bust imo....why does he not try to dive for balls....that missed deep throw could have had a hand on it. Lamar miller looked better today than usual...but we need competition there. Coaching staff needs booted....horrible play calls all day. Defense suddenly has no pass rush.

This needs to be done

Coaching staff gone
Fix o line at all costs
Find a wr that will fight for the ball
Draft a few rb's late....by by thigpen and thomas
Develop our drafted corners and dion jordan
Find a middle lb....ellerbe wasnt all that

Give tannehill a chance....give the players some competent coaching.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:33 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:
The same could be said for Matthews (?) drop on 3rd & short too

Sure, but the Wallace miss happened earlier, so we might not have been in that situation.

Score was the same. Just saying we were still in it. You're obviously not wrong about that play but there were several missed chances today.

Geez . . . That 4th down call . . . My gosh. Our team sh*t the bed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:37 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
7-9 +/- a game for 5 years in a row. Heads need to roll. Tannehill is improving, but Ireland is not putting a team together at all. They played flat two weeks in a row with the playoffs on the line. Ireland seems to get rid of more good players than he brings in. The coaching staff has no idea how to use the talent they have. Time to start over again.....

I mostly agree with this. Idk if Ireland has gotten rid of that much talent. BMarsh & Reggie maybe but I can't think of anyone else I miss. Maybe if it were listed for me. Doesn't matter tho

The coaching staff has no idea how to use the talent they have.
You're spot on here. Even if we had greater talent it doesn't mean we make something of it. We could've drafted Eddie Lacy this year & given him 2 carries a game. This coaching staff is not intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:38 pm 

Just cant fathom this. Cromartie was right , Hartline is our #1??

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:39 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

J-BARK wrote:
Improvement overall from tannehill.....wallace is a fa bust imo....why does he not try to dive for balls....that missed deep throw could have had a hand on it.

Could've had a hand on it? What game were you watching?

The apologists waiting in the wings to explain poor deep balls never cease to amaze me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:40 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

FINesse wrote:
Just cant fathom this. Cromartie was right , Hartline is our #1??

That is why Miami is 8-8.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Steve Zissou wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

I mostly agree with this. Idk if Ireland has gotten rid of that much talent. BMarsh & Reggie maybe but I can't think of anyone else I miss. Maybe if it were listed for me. Doesn't matter tho

The coaching staff has no idea how to use the talent they have.
You're spot on here. Even if we had greater talent it doesn't mean we make something of it. We could've drafted Eddie Lacy this year & given him 2 carries a game. This coaching staff is not intelligent.

Well....look at Dansby and Burnett. They are clearly better than Wheeler and Ellerbe. Sure could have used them this week.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:42 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Ryan Tannehill is not and will never be the answer, when you have guys like Geno Smith and Tahddeous Lewis kicking your a$$ proves my point.

Ryan Tannehill is just another Chad Henne, horrible QB.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tannehill is improving, but if he can not learn to throw a deep ball then we need different personnel. Wallace is not a big target possession receiver. That would be Brandon Marshall.....the guy Ireland traded away.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:47 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

The offensive line is so bad its hard to blame anyone else. Miami averaged about 89 yards a game in rushing this year. Through 15 games they ranked 26th. They couldn't even pick up 1/2 a yard today for a critical first down on 4th down today. Miami has to fix the o-line. They gave up 58 sacks this year. If you want to see more deep connections to Wallace you have to have a running game to sets up play action passing. I just don't understand how Philbin doesn't put a priority on being able to run the football. Especially when you have to go to cold weather cities to play in December. I think you have to give Philbin one more year to get his type of players into the system of a zone blocking offense.

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next