View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ] 
 Time for some changes 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Time for some changes
Its hard to pinpoint just one person here but there is a few things that have to be changed. Phinbin and sherman have to go-

To come out two games in a row and not even be competitive to two teams that are not even in the playoff picture is as telling as it gets it means you are not a good coach. It's different if you lose to teams better then you, they were better off losing to the steelers n pats because they wouldn't be as questiond. If you score 7 points in two games you have to go, when you call a run to the fullback on 4th in inches to the strength of the jets defense you have to go. The game in Buffalo they were blitzing like crazy and no screens or draws were call and in this game they didn't try anything 1 deep pass are you crazy?? Hey sherman I know tannehill missed wallace but did you notice he was open?? why not try it again maybe you get lucky and compete the pass or get a pass interference. The most predictable vanilla offense ever at least Sprano tried the wilcat when he couldn't get offense. Same pass plays same offense your not fooling anyone, it's pretty much the reason we score only 7 points in 2 games. I can understand coming into a trap game and losing it happeneds but not when you experienced that the week pryor you should be coming in here ready to go to playoffs not scared to call a deep pass. To me the coach and offenseive co have to go. Or at the very least the offensive co has to go.
Ireland must go-
Next the gm has to go Ireland has had enogh time to build a team he been here since Parcells we never draft good impactful players I rarly see them. For instance this year 1st rd pic barley plays, davis and and other cb hurt all year, ol thomas can't get on a feild with the worst ol in football,Te pick barley plays Kicker misses a lot of field goals was there even one good pick this year??? In free agency ok good sign with Grimes and Wallace (for most part) but thats all we really needed to do but he comes Ireland success can only last for two long lets bring in a 3-4 Mlb to play in 4-3 defense lets cut burnett and bring in big bust wheeler to play old and lets cut long cuz we have Martin who we have to tell our coaching staff to tell players to make fun of him to toughen him up. This is the guy we want blocking for our franchise qb??? Get him out of hear we have had enough busts n stupid decisions from you. How about you draft Dez Bryant a top 5 player in draft that fell to you at 13 instead of over thinking everything and asking him about his mom being a prostitute. I don't care what she does she doesn't play football does she you idiot..
Defensive Coordinator Croyal-
The defensive coordinator gets a pass because they held strong most of season however you have a team that finished top 10 defense last year in a 3-4. You played horrible this year in 4-3 zone because most you players are suited for 3-4. It was a horrible move you need to(or ask gm to) sign grimes and soliai. You have Ellerbe a 3-4 MLB a bigg dt in soliali and jorden a perfect fit for 3-4 old and wheeler is a good bliter. a perfect recipe for 3-4. Switch back to itttt dont fix what isn't broken. The line up should be LE oliver NT Soliali RE Odrick Lolb Jorden Mlb Misi Mlb Ellerbe Rolb Weeler Cb Grimes Cb another corner back SS Jones FS Another fs / Clemons. But make the change its important. Obviously the offensive is a joke no offensive line running game is inconsistent so we need complete make over there. The wr's are ok but we do have a big question mark and that's Ryan Tannehill.
Ryan Tannehill-
I like him alot I got his jersey and he progressed a lil this season which is good. But theres one thing he seems like he doesn't have and thats the IT factor like wilson and Luck have. They would not let this happen losing to two bad teams in a row with playoffs at steak they would not have missed wallace wide open becasue you have to make those plays in crunch time if you want to win and they would have not slid a yard before the marker on a 3rd and 20 you can't do these things if your big time and tannehill my friends is not big time. He also takes to long to pull the trigger he thinks to much and need to just let it fly I see a lot of the qbs and they're not waiting for wr’s to get open Tannehill isn't the best at anticipation routes and needs to see guy open in order for him to let it fly. Part of reason we get sacked to much. He needs to start understanding where guys will be open at if not he will stay where he is and thats avg. Tannehill is like a matt Ryan type or Dulton or Stafford very good and talented but they don't have the IT and thats ok because he is good but he is the type that needs playmakers. I understand he had bad line and not a great running game but when you're great you're great like payton(look how bad they were when he left) and Brady(won super bowl rookie year 5th rd draft pick no excuses). All in all we are the same old Dolphins unspectacular offensively with a good defense and a tendency to choke when It matters most and once that is your Recipe its time to change the ingredients because what you have right now is what you will be and thats 8-8.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:48 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Time for some changes
Too bad the QB takes much of the blame, but it is what it is. It allstarts with the QB. Look at GB, Rodgers comes back and they are in. Gb defense sucks, it doesn't matter, Rodgers got it done.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:56 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

finfan3412 wrote:
They would not let this happen losing to two bad teams in a row with playoffs at steak they would not have missed wallace wide open becasue you have to make those plays in crunch time if you want to win and they would have not slid a yard before the marker on a 3rd and 20 you can't do these things if your big time and tannehill my friends is not big time.

How many times did you see Luck or Wilson play this season?

Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:01 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Rich wrote:
finfan3412 wrote:
They would not let this happen losing to two bad teams in a row with playoffs at steak they would not have missed wallace wide open becasue you have to make those plays in crunch time if you want to win and they would have not slid a yard before the marker on a 3rd and 20 you can't do these things if your big time and tannehill my friends is not big time.

There in the playoffs 2 seasons back to back. i can safely say they would never let it happen in cruch time.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:11 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

There in the playoffs 2 seasons back to back. i can safely say they would never let it happen in cruch time.

Luck lost his #1 WR, his OL sucks, his defense sucks, and his running game is questionable. Sound familiar?

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:14 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Makchell wrote:

Luck lost his #1 WR, his OL sucks, his defense sucks, and his running game is questionable. Sound familiar?

Yess and what he do still make the playoffs with all that what does tannehill do with more talent choke against two piss poor teams??

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:26 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Yes, except Luck still wins games.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:17 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

And THIS is what our QB needs to do or he will be on a different team in a year or two.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:19 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Makchell wrote:

And THIS is what our QB needs to do or he will be on a different team in a year or two.

I'm having my doubts about Tannehill. He holds the ball too long, doesn't utilize his running ability, and always overthrows or underthrows Mike Wallace. I say give him another year and stockpile draft picks. If he doesn't show improvement next year, package those picks to trade up to #1 and draft Famous Jameis in 2015

Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:22 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

finfan3412 wrote:
Rich wrote:
finfan3412 wrote:

I agree luck would have got it done but wilson is carried by a strong run game and a dominant defense.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:12 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I hate to say it, Ryan Tannehill simply does not have the "IT" factor, this is one of the worst seasons I have seen where its been filled with mediocre play all year round. Every game this year we could either win or lose, with the exception of the Saints, Bills and Jets game.

When Thaddeous Lewis and Geno Smith beat your team by a foot fetish coach, you know you have problems.

Nick Foles and Kirk Cousins are better than Ryan Tannehill today.

You can't take this many sacks in a season and throw that many picks.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:33 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Kirk Cousins? Where do you come up with this crap? That guy's a nobody!

And for the record I think Wilson is the best QB from that draft class. He's already one of the best 7 QB's in the NFL, stats or no stats, just watch him once. He's another Drew Brees, but with better wheels.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:15 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

tannehills strengths- strong arm, good accuracy on short n medium throws, smart guy, tuff, atletic with speed.
tannehills weakness- touch passing, not accurate on deep passing, not good at anticipation passing,looks at one receiver to long, decision making especially on when to run ball or not, does not have the IT factor which is huge.
to me overall Tannehill is going to be a good qb alot of weakness you can work on but he isnt going to be great he will be like in range of stafford,matt ryan, and andy dalton which is fine but these type of qbs need a bunch of playmakers.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:17 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Makchell wrote:
Too bad the QB takes much of the blame, but it is what it is. It allstarts with the QB. Look at GB, Rodgers comes back and they are in. Gb defense sucks, it doesn't matter, Rodgers got it done.

That is about as bad of an example as you could use Mak. Aaron Rodgers sat for the better part of 3-4 years before he even PLAYED.

The only young QB that is asked to do more and has done more is Andrew Luck.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:38 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

TommyNoleFin wrote:
Makchell wrote:

I'm having my doubts about Tannehill. He holds the ball too long, doesn't utilize his running ability, and always overthrows or underthrows Mike Wallace. I say give him another year and stockpile draft picks. If he doesn't show improvement next year, package those picks to trade up to #1 and draft Famous Jameis in 2015

That would be my ultimate football dream come true!!!!

Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:08 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Luck tossed 4 interceptions last night. It's a terrible time to have a bad game, but everyone has a bad game.

Quote:
Luck tosses 4 picks as Colts get eliminated

Andrew Luck completed 20-of-41 passes for 331 yards, two touchdowns and four interceptions in Indianapolis' 43-22, Divisional Round loss to the Patriots. The four picks look bad, but as usual, Luck was hurt by drops and the Colts' nonexistent running game. Two of Luck's INTs were squarely on his shoulders, but one was essentially a Stanley Havili drop. LaVon Brazill ran the wrong route on the other. Luck's seven postseason picks were just two fewer than he threw during the regular season. Luck has some bad Kurt Warner to him — he can be too willing to take deep shots into double coverage — but took an expected step forward this season. He cut down on his turnovers despite having to put the Colts offense on his back following the loss of Reggie Wayne, and improved his completion percentage by over six points. Luck's yardage fell back from his rookie total, but his passing scores held steady at 23. He was held back by the Colts' offensive design, which was inexplicably run heavy despite not having the horses at running back. He severely lacked for weapons behind T.Y. Hilton. Either way, Luck's upside remains through the roof.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6439/andrew-luck

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Newsflash to some. Andrew Luck is better & was far more prepared for being an NFL Qb than Tanny. He should be doing more than Tanny is. He had 4 yrs of college behind him. Tanny had 1.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:38 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

TommyNoleFin wrote:
I'm having my doubts about Tannehill. He holds the ball too long, doesn't utilize his running ability,
Think he is being coached to play scared & not throw picks.

TommyNoleFin wrote:
I say give him another year and stockpile draft picks. If he doesn't show improvement next year, package those picks to trade up to #1 and draft Famous Jameis in 2015

With what?

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:40 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
Newsflash to some. Andrew Luck is better & was far more prepared for being an NFL Qb than Tanny. He should be doing more than Tanny is. He had 4 yrs of college behind him. Tanny had 1.

Yes but we want it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :no: Instant gratification. :hithead:

Last edited by bobby0112 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:44 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Luck played awful in both Playoff games. If he doesn't cut that out he's gonna get a Tony Romo rep.
Luck has heart and a bit of skill. Once the team around him gets better he could probably blossom into a Ben Rapfulburger.

If that was US in the playoffs after those two bad games, we would be screaming to draft a new QB. He did the same thing Tannehill did, only worse, by numbers and in the playoffs.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:44 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

bobby0112 wrote:
Yes but we want it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Instant gratification.

Its not like Tanny has been Blaine Gabbert bad. I saw great improvement in his game this yr.
He is still not a sure thing, but the progression is there.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:51 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Its not like Tanny has been Blaine Gabbert bad. I saw great improvement in his game this yr.

Things should be interesting again for Tannehill. This past year the question was whether he would take the next step forward. He did although some fans wanted more. Next year Tannehill has a new offensive coordinator and will be without Mike Sherman for the first time in his college/NFL career. How will it affect him and can he continue to improve?

Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:

and Luck still looks baffled at times. He's not even close to perfect yet.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:55 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Luck will be fine. Tannehill will even be a bit better.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:29 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

That is about as bad of an example as you could use Mak.

How? I'm talking this year and he is a franchise QB.

Aaron Rodgers sat for the better part of 3-4 years before he even PLAYED.

So what? He's a franchise QB.

The only young QB that is asked to do more and has done more is Andrew Luck

Big Ben won a SB yr 2. Kapernick is in his 3rd yr with 2 conference champs under his belt. Luck, Cam Newton. Dalton. Wilson, should I go on? Yeah, only Luck is asked to do more....talk about bad examples.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:04 pm

Makchell wrote:
Big Ben won a SB yr 2. Kapernick is in his 3rd yr with 2 conference champs under his belt. Luck, Cam Newton. Dalton. Wilson, should I go on? Yeah, only Luck is asked to do more....talk about bad examples.

Um, you missed his point.

Big Ben won a Superbowl with an elite defense and running game. Kapernick plays on one of the best rosters in the NFL. Good offensive line, good running backs, great tight end, nice receivers, awesome defense. Russell Wilson also has a strong defense and an elite running game. Andy Dalton? Why are you even mentioning his name with those other guys? Newton, another elite defense and good running game.

Only Andrew Luck is getting it done with no defense or running game. Tony is right.

By the way, notice how the teams winning in the playoffs are running the ball heavily?

Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:56 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Um, you missed his point.

Big Ben won a Superbowl with an elite defense and running game. Kapernick plays on one of the best rosters in the NFL. Good offensive line, good running backs, great tight end, nice receivers, awesome defense. Russell Wilson also has a strong defense and an elite running game. Andy Dalton? Why are you even mentioning his name with those other guys? Newton, another elite defense and good running game.

Only Andrew Luck is getting it done with no defense or running game. Tony is right.

By the way, notice how the teams winning in the playoffs are running the ball heavily?

Steelers had a good defense and running game. Low and behold, they won the SB when Ben came around. Manning and Brady are in, the two best QBs in the league. All the QBs left, make plays for their teams when they need it, so being "right" is perspective and mine differs from yours and Tony's.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:00 pm

Good points but I think the fact that these successful teams are running the ball so effectively is because Defenses have to respect the pass so much , which brings us back to having a quality QB.

We seem to be blaming other teams for building a good team on all aspects .... Running , Passing , Defense , Offense , staff , etc. while using the Dolphins lack of all that as an excuse for the team / QB.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:18 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FINesse wrote:
Good points but I think the fact that these successful teams are running the ball so effectively is because Defenses have to respect the pass so much , which brings us back to having a quality QB.

We seem to be blaming other teams for building a good team on all aspects .... Running , Passing , Defense , Offense , staff , etc. while using the Dolphins lack of all that as an excuse for the team / QB.

Balanced offenses have the ability to adjust/adapt when a defense takes away a part of their offensive game plan. Miami lacks a running game and can't pass block.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:31 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Steelers had a good defense and running game. Low and behold, they won the SB when Ben came around. Manning and Brady are in, the two best QBs in the league. All the QBs left, make plays for their teams when they need it, so being "right" is perspective and mine differs from yours and Tony's.

But you're comparing apples to oranges. The point Tony and Rich are making is that guys like Luck and Tannehill are being asked to shoulder the weight of their teams issues. NONE of your examples were ever asked to do that minus Manning, and he struggled for a time. Big Ben came on to a team with a HOF defense and HOF running back who had to be respected so much that all Ben had to do was not screw up.

Tom Brady? When was the last time NE won a Super Bowl by asking him to throw the ball 40 times per game. Notice how suddenly NE is cruising through teams by having a healthy ground game?

Have Tannehill and Kaepernick swap teams for a season and you tell me with a straight face that Kaepernick has better numbers (coaching, snap count, all factors) in Miami than Tannehill would in SF.

Eli Manning and Joe Flacco are not elite QBs and have won recent Super Bowls. Both had mediocre regular seasons and got hot down the stretch because their performances were supported by good ground attacks and solid defense. What happened to the two of them this year when they were asked to shoulder the load? And they still had better ground games than Tannehill.

If Houston or Minnesota (good foundations, lacking a QB) had Tannehill this past year they'd be playoff teams instead of picking at the top of the draft.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:31 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Again, I get their points, I just see if from a different perspective, that's all.

Have Tannehill and Kaepernick swap teams for a season and you tell me with a straight face that Kaepernick has better numbers (coaching, snap count, all factors) in Miami than Tannehill would in SF.

I would actually bet that the 9ers would be playing at home this weekend if they had RT. I like RT and I really believe the coaching staff sucks.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:05 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Makchell wrote:
Again, I get their points, I just see if from a different perspective, that's all.

I guess I don't understand your perspective since you kind of just agreed with me about Kaepernick. Would Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger have this current Miami team (coaching staff and all again) deep into the playoffs in their 2nd year as a starting QB?

I know you used the Rodgers example and I'll throw in Brees for good measure. You do realize that after each of their 2nd seasons there were serious questions about their long term viability as starting QBs in the NFL. Tannehill would be considered light years ahead of them at that point in their careers.

Will Tannehill reach elite level like they have? I have my doubts, partly because I don't trust Philbin. I'd feel a heck of a lot better if Kyle Shanahan were brought in. I think that if Miami has a good overall team and a balanced offense then we could see Tannehill take them far into the playoffs if not all of the way.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:20 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Rich wrote:
finfan3412 wrote:

Luck - twice and he Pissed away both games...

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:30 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

That is about as bad of an example as you could use Mak. Aaron Rodgers sat for the better part of 3-4 years before he even PLAYED.

The only young QB that is asked to do more and has done more is Andrew Luck.

My original post's point is that it all starts with the QB (although with what I've seen this year from the Fins, coaching can kill a team/QB). Ton'y point is that Rogers sat and learned while RT and Luck started from day 1 and were asked to do too much with little help (OL, RB, ETC). Yes, I agree with that.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:20 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Dphins4me wrote:
bobby0112 wrote:
Yes but we want it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Instant gratification.

I was being sarcastic. I agree with you 100%.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:39 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

How is all of this suddenly falling on Tannehill?

Dude played stoicly given what he had to work with. A high school offensive line, a 'as vanilla as they come' Offensive Coordinator, absolutely no running game, and a #1 WR who, when the throws did connect, dropped the ball more often than not.

QB is the last of our worries right now... or at least, should be.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:56 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

How is all of this suddenly falling on Tannehill?

Dude played stoicly given what he had to work with. A high school offensive line, a 'as vanilla as they come' Offensive Coordinator, absolutely no running game, and a #1 WR who, when the throws did connect, dropped the ball more often than not.

QB is the last of our worries right now... or at least, should be.

It's not about RT. You're right.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:16 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

bobby0112 wrote:

I was being sarcastic. I agree with you 100%.

I knew what you meant. Was just adding on to your comment

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

jammer wrote:
Makchell wrote:

But you're comparing apples to oranges. The point Tony and Rich are making is that guys like Luck and Tannehill are being asked to shoulder the weight of their teams issues. NONE of your examples were ever asked to do that minus Manning, and he struggled for a time. Big Ben came on to a team with a HOF defense and HOF running back who had to be respected so much that all Ben had to do was not screw up.

Tom Brady? When was the last time NE won a Super Bowl by asking him to throw the ball 40 times per game. Notice how suddenly NE is cruising through teams by having a healthy ground game?

Eli Manning and Joe Flacco are not elite QBs and have won recent Super Bowls. Both had mediocre regular seasons and got hot down the stretch because their performances were supported by good ground attacks and solid defense. What happened to the two of them this year when they were asked to shoulder the load? And they still had better ground games than Tannehill.

If Houston or Minnesota (good foundations, lacking a QB) had Tannehill this past year they'd be playoff teams instead of picking at the top of the draft.

Very good post. Tons of truth here.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]