View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:44 am



Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ] 
 Some of the trade talk out there 
Author Message
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3410
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Some of the trade talk out there
This is a write up by Rob Rang from cbssportsline.com. Next week is going to be heavy with misinformation and trade talk.


Multiple teams talking trade
Posted on: April 17, 2010 10:38 am
Edited on: April 17, 2010 10:40 am
Score: 143
Sign-up to rate:

* Sign-up to rate:

* Sign-up to rate:

Many have speculated that the alteration in the the NFL draft schedule is going to lead to more trades than before.

According to sources throughout the league, the St. Louis Rams (owners of the first pick), Seattle Seahawks (6, 14) Cleveland Browns (7), Denver Broncos (11), Miami Dolphins (12), New England Patriots (22), Philadelphia Eagles (24) and Dallas Cowboys (27) are all actively exploring trade opportunities.

The Cleveland Browns have been one of the more aggressive teams, speaking with the Rams about moving up to get Sam Bradford with the first overall pick, but also exploring dropping down, as well.

The Seahawks would like to add a pick between their second first (14) and their only second rounder (60th overall). Their recent mini camp proved they have significant holes to fill on both sides of the ball.

Denver has wide receiver Dez Bryant and center Maurkice Pouncey high on their board. They will consider Bryant at 11, but if he's off the board, they'd like to drop down a few spots and still get Pouncey.

Miami would like to recoup the second round pick they lost in the trade for Brandon Marshall and feel that the player they're likely to get at No. 12 won't be significantly better than one they might get in the lower teens or twenties. With their need for a playmaking wide receiver filled, look for the Dolphins to add a front seven defender.

The Patriots already own three second round picks, but Bill Belichick believes the second round is where the values lies in this draft.

It has been reported (originally by Sports Illustrated's Peter King) that the Eagles were aggressively looking to move up. I have been able to confirm this, but counter to King's story, which has Philadelphia looking to move up for either Eric Berry or Earl Thomas at safety, I'm told a different player is the Eagles' real target. Middle linebacker Rolando McClain, given the team's need for a thumper inside and the significant drop-off at the position after McClain, would seem a likely candidate.

Dallas is also exploring aggressive trade-up options. Owner Jerry Jones loves Dez Bryant and will consider moving into the late teens should the Oklahoma State receiver fall to that point.

The first round of the 2010 draft is shaping up to be every bit the drama-filled event the NFL had hoped in moving it to primetime Thursday night.

_________________
Image


Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:03 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 253
Location: Tampa, FL
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
I just hope the right player is on the board at #12 so the Fins can trade down to the bottom half of round 1 and add an additional 2nd round pick. Not sure who that player is, I just hope he's there! :yay:


Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3410
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
keebler_kahn wrote:
I just hope the right player is on the board at #12 so the Fins can trade down to the bottom half of round 1 and add an additional 2nd round pick. Not sure who that player is, I just hope he's there! :yay:


I'm with you there keebler.

_________________
Image


Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Speaking of trade talk, has anyone heard anything about Dwayne Bowe lately? I heard someone talking about the possibility of us trading Justin Smiley and a late round pick for Dwayne Bowe. They cited the fact that the Chiefs had shopped Bowe for a 3rd round pick last season and that they are currently shopping for offensive linemen. As I'm sure you all know we are actively looking for a trade partner for Smiley right now. Is there any validity in this? If so, how sweet would it be to see Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, and Davone Bess lining up as our wideouts! We'd go from one of the worst units in the NFL to one of the best. Between our excellent run attack and that trio of wideouts, nobody would be able to shut that down.


Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:46 am
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3410
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
This is the first I have heard of this possible trade scenario. That would be nice.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:47 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Nah....the Cheifs are pretty much set at offensive guard. They have no need for Smiley.


Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:33 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:48 am
Posts: 442
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
wkloiber13 wrote:
Speaking of trade talk, has anyone heard anything about Dwayne Bowe lately? I heard someone talking about the possibility of us trading Justin Smiley and a late round pick for Dwayne Bowe. They cited the fact that the Chiefs had shopped Bowe for a 3rd round pick last season and that they are currently shopping for offensive linemen. As I'm sure you all know we are actively looking for a trade partner for Smiley right now. Is there any validity in this? If so, how sweet would it be to see Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, and Davone Bess lining up as our wideouts! We'd go from one of the worst units in the NFL to one of the best. Between our excellent run attack and that trio of wideouts, nobody would be able to shut that down.



that would be something special ,hadnt heard anything on it tho

i could see the chiefs being interested in smiley
for me smiley is only worth around a 4th rnd pick ,his injurys are just shocking


Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:11 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:48 am
Posts: 442
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Phins Rock wrote:
Nah....the Cheifs are pretty much set at offensive guard. They have no need for Smiley.



are they rock???

waters looks like his done in k c ,albert is playing tackle
have they resigned any of our ex guys??? ndukwe and alleman???

for me they look thin at the position


Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:18 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Phins Rock wrote:
Nah....the Cheifs are pretty much set at offensive guard. They have no need for Smiley.


I don't know who the Cheifs are, but the Chiefs have one of the worst offensive lines in football.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:33 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Nah....the Cheifs are pretty much set at offensive guard. They have no need for Smiley.


I don't know who the Cheifs are, but the Chiefs have one of the worst offensive lines in football.


Albert struggled at LT last season, and they do not have a legit starting Center or RT. They're aright at OG though.


Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:08 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Nah....the Cheifs are pretty much set at offensive guard. They have no need for Smiley.


I don't know who the Cheifs are, but the Chiefs have one of the worst offensive lines in football.


Albert struggled at LT last season, and they do not have a legit starting Center or RT. They're aright at OG though.


Brian Waters is 100 years old and Wade Smith is nothing to brag about.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Iowafin wrote:
Brian Waters is 100 years old and Wade Smith is nothing to brag about.

Wade Smith is not on the Chiefs...Plays for Houston.

KC have Water and Ryan Lilja at the OG spots. That's not solid?


Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:33 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Brian Waters is 100 years old and Wade Smith is nothing to brag about.

Wade Smith is not on the Chiefs...Plays for Houston.

KC have Water and Ryan Lilja at the OG spots. That's not solid?


Brian Waters is a 100 years old, and Lilja is a center. Smith played for 'em last year, my bad. But no, that is far from solid.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:05 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Brian Waters is 100 years old and Wade Smith is nothing to brag about.

Wade Smith is not on the Chiefs...Plays for Houston.

KC have Water and Ryan Lilja at the OG spots. That's not solid?


Brian Waters is a 100 years old, and Lilja is a center. Smith played for 'em last year, my bad. But no, that is far from solid.


When did Ryan Lilja ever play Center?

Guy was a stud on the o-line at OG for Indy for years.

And you're going to replace Waters because he is old with somebody who is coming in with a big conract and injury concerns?


Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:19 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am
Posts: 887
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
wkloiber13 wrote:
Speaking of trade talk, has anyone heard anything about Dwayne Bowe lately? I heard someone talking about the possibility of us trading Justin Smiley and a late round pick for Dwayne Bowe. They cited the fact that the Chiefs had shopped Bowe for a 3rd round pick last season and that they are currently shopping for offensive linemen. As I'm sure you all know we are actively looking for a trade partner for Smiley right now. Is there any validity in this? If so, how sweet would it be to see Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe, and Davone Bess lining up as our wideouts! We'd go from one of the worst units in the NFL to one of the best. Between our excellent run attack and that trio of wideouts, nobody would be able to shut that down.

I hereby offer Justin Smiley, a 6th round draft pick and next year's 6th to KC for Dwayne Bowe. :yay:


Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:21 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Phins Rock wrote:

When did Ryan Lilja ever play Center?

Guy was a stud on the o-line at OG for Indy for years.

And you're going to replace Waters because he is old with somebody who is coming in with a big conract and injury concerns?

He played some center at K State, and is listed as a center on NFL.com. The Colts offensive rushing totals have been putrids for years.
Regardless, Waters is 100 years old. I never suggested bringing in anyone with a large contract and injury concerns to replace him, I merely said that 100 year old men do not create for solidity at the guard position.
The Chiefs need all the help they can get on the O-line.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

When did Ryan Lilja ever play Center?

Guy was a stud on the o-line at OG for Indy for years.

And you're going to replace Waters because he is old with somebody who is coming in with a big conract and injury concerns?

He played some center at K State, and is listed as a center on NFL.com. The Colts offensive rushing totals have been putrids for years.
Regardless, Waters is 100 years old. I never suggested bringing in anyone with a large contract and injury concerns to replace him, I merely said that 100 year old men do not create for solidity at the guard position.
The Chiefs need all the help they can get on the O-line.


Yes, Lilja was the reason the Colts running game was not good...nothing to do with the fact that all they do is pass the ball. Lilja is a stud and a pass protecting specialist, (exactly what KC needs).

Water is the face of the franchise and has been for years. He's 33, so he still has some years left in him.

KC is not looking to add a veteran guard like Smiley, with that big contract. Period.


Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Phins Rock wrote:

Yes, Lilja was the reason the Colts running game was not good...nothing to do with the fact that all they do is pass the ball. Lilja is a stud and a pass protecting specialist, (exactly what KC needs).

Water is the face of the franchise and has been for years. He's 33, so he still has some years left in him.

KC is not looking to add a veteran guard like Smiley, with that big contract. Period.


Ok captain know everything.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:22 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Glad we're in agreement.


Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Phins Rock wrote:
Glad we're in agreement.


We're not. It just makes no sense arguing with you when your arguments are nothing but bold statements based on no fact.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:26 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Glad we're in agreement.


We're not. It just makes no sense arguing with you when your arguments are nothing but bold statements based on no fact.


Says the guy who said that the Chiefs starting RG is Wade Smith, that Lilja is a Center, and exaggerated Waters' age by 67 years...


Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:32 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Glad we're in agreement.


We're not. It just makes no sense arguing with you when your arguments are nothing but bold statements based on no fact.


Says the guy who said that the Chiefs starting RG is Wade Smith, that Lilja is a Center, and exaggerated Waters' age by 67 years...


The age is a joke, Smith was their guard a year ago, and Lilja is listed as center on NFL.com.

All facts....except the joke.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Except you said Wade Smith is their guard, which he is not, and that Lilja is a Center, which, despite what NFL.com says, he is not.


Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Phins Rock wrote:
Except you said Wade Smith is their guard, which he is not, and that Lilja is a Center, which, despite what NFL.com says, he is not.

Except nothing. The Chiefs are not solid at the guard position. PERIOD. See I can do it too.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:04 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Except you said Wade Smith is their guard, which he is not, and that Lilja is a Center, which, despite what NFL.com says, he is not.

Except nothing. The Chiefs are not solid at the guard position. PERIOD. See I can do it too.


Whatever. I'm not going to continue. I feel pretty comfortable that I've won the argument and made my point, so. I'm done.


Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Except you said Wade Smith is their guard, which he is not, and that Lilja is a Center, which, despite what NFL.com says, he is not.

Except nothing. The Chiefs are not solid at the guard position. PERIOD. See I can do it too.


Whatever. I'm not going to continue. I feel pretty comfortable that I've won the argument and made my point, so. I'm done.


:thinking:

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 312
Location: PA
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
the chiefs gave up 45 sacks last season, 5th most in the league.


Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
rhoads30 wrote:
the chiefs gave up 45 sacks last season, 5th most in the league.


rhoads! They are SOLID at guard. PERIOD. Don't you know that Lilja is a stud?

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:07 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 312
Location: PA
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
they sure seem like they are


Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:40 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3410
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Adam Schefter is tweeted that the Eagles and Packers have expressed interest in getting into the 10-12 range. He said it depends on how the board falls.

_________________
Image


Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:53 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Phins Rock, I think this is the article that I was talking about. Let me start by saying that I was incorrect that the website stated that Bowe was being shopped for a 3rd round pick, I think that was just rumors I picked up from somewhere last season. As far as the article is concerned, it's just a fan posting the question to one of the writers at the Sun Sentinel about the possiblity of us getting Bowe in a trade. The writer gives his 2 cents and from what I can tell says that the trade would be mutually beneficial for both teams. I've done a little research and to the best of my knowledge there is nothing else out there on this trade scenario. So this is something that likely won't happen, but how sweet it would be if we were able to pull it off?

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/03/ask-mike-why-not-just-trade-for-dwayne-bowe.html


Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:30 pm
Posts: 1076
Location: Lakeland, FL
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
I think we'll see Thigpen traded by Thursday. What kind of pick do ya'll think we can get for him?

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:42 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Steve Zissou wrote:
I think we'll see Thigpen traded by Thursday. What kind of pick do ya'll think we can get for him?


I actually don't think he gets traded. I think it would take a very good offer, (3rd round pick), to get him out of here. He's the franchise back-up. Right now, the organization seems to start understanding that Pat White is not a QB, and Pennington will only be here for 1 season.

Next year, Miami will be left searching for a back-up QB and will likely have to spend unneccasary picks or money in FA on one. I think they keep Thigpen and give themselves a really good QB core for years to come.


Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:12 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:48 am
Posts: 442
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Marcus Spears-DL- Cowboys Apr. 20 - 11:37 am et

The Cowboys have reportedly put DE Marcus Spears, LB Bobby Carpenter, S Pat Watkins, G/C Cory Procter, and WR Sam Hurd on the trade block.
The former two were first-round picks. Spears was outplayed by his backups a year ago, and may be available for a late-round pick. Carpenter could appeal to 4-3 teams that play a less physical style of defense. Watkins is highly athletic with incredible size, but highly prone to injury. Having signed their tenders, Procter and Hurd are free to be moved immediately.
Source: National Football Post
Related: Cory Procter, Bobby Carpenter, Pat Watkins, Sam Hurd


http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... FL&id=3173


Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:51 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:48 am
Posts: 442
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
The arrival of another defensive tackle not named Albert Haynesworth at Redskins Park only makes it more likely that Haynesworth will soon be an ex-Redskin.

The club imported Adam Carriker, a former first-round draft pick of the St. Louis Rams, today in a deal that cost them only a swap of picks in the fifth round. The Redskins gave the Rams the 135th pick in the round and the Redskins received No. 163. The teams also swapped picks in the seventh round with Washington moving to No. 208 and the Rams taking their place at No. 211, according to the Washington Post.

The deal gives defensive coordinator Jim Haslett someone he is familiar with from his days in St. Louis and some believe Carriker is better suited for a 3-4 front than the 4-3 he was in with the Rams. He’s considered a consistent run stopper who can play in a rotation.

Carriker missed all of last season after injuring his shoulder in preseason. Now, the Redskins have added Maake Kemoeatu, Anthony Bryant, Howard Green and Greg Peterson, along with Carriker, to a line that is expected to soon be without Haynesworth.

What will the market bring the Redskins in exchange for Haynesworth? Far, far less than the more than $30 million of Daniel Snyder’s money the club has already sunk in him.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Add ... trade.html


Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Phins Rock wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:
I think we'll see Thigpen traded by Thursday. What kind of pick do ya'll think we can get for him?


I actually don't think he gets traded. I think it would take a very good offer, (3rd round pick), to get him out of here. He's the franchise back-up. Right now, the organization seems to start understanding that Pat White is not a QB, and Pennington will only be here for 1 season.

Next year, Miami will be left searching for a back-up QB and will likely have to spend unneccasary picks or money in FA on one. I think they keep Thigpen and give themselves a really good QB core for years to come.


I agree, I would hope that Pennington or White would be the ones to go if we move any of our backups. Thigpen showed promise in the little time he did play last season, so if something did ever happen to Henne you know that Thigpen might be able to do alright if given enough time in the system. I'm perfectly fine with us going into the season with Henne, Thigpen, and White as our guys. Of course I'd be much happier with Henne, Pennington, and Thigpen. But hey, I never wanted Pat White to begin with.
:war:


Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:06 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 pm
Posts: 232
Location: Montereale Valcenilla, Italy
Post Re: Some of the trade talk out there
Five trade-down options for Miami
6:32
PM ET
Miami Dolphins Top Email

Trading partners for No. 12 pick
Philadelphia Eagles: They want to grab one of the elite safeties, and have lots of trade ammo, including two second-rounders.
Green Bay Packers: Mentioned by ESPN Insider Adam Schefter as a team looking to move up.
Dallas Cowboys: Do the 'Boys need to move up this badly? Probably not, but we're still waiting for Jerry Jones to make his first offseason splash.
San Diego Chargers: This depends on how badly they feel that they want Dan Williams and/or C.J. Spiller.
New England Patriots: This is based largely upon their cache of picks (including three second-rounders). Any other season, an intra-division trade wouldn't happen. This year? All bets are off.
Source: Dave Hyde, South Florida Sun-Sentinel
By all accounts, the Miami Dolphins made a good trade in sending two second-round picks to the Denver Broncos for the uber-talented Brandon Marshall. But now they'll have a long break between their first-rounder (No. 12 overall) and their next pick in the third round (No. 73 overall). What to do ... what to do ...

Well, some league observers indicate that the team is now free to use that pick on another position of need. Dan Graziano of NFL Fanhouse tweeted on Wednesday that they may go with Tennessee DT Dan Williams to take on the role of Jason Ferguson's apprentice at nose tackle. Other options include two from Texas: fearsome OLB Sergio Kindle or Earl Thomas, a playmaker at safety. We've also heard that if Georgia Tech DE Derrick Morgan is available at that point, he will not get past the Dolphins. They need a Jason Taylor replacement, don't they?

Then again, in order to make that gap between picks smaller, the Dolphins could try to trade down from the 12th pick, and add a pick in the second round. Miami Herald columnist Armando Salguero tweeted last week that he's been told they will try to do just that. Dave Hyde of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel offered up a list of five teams that might be interested. It's also possible that they will move other players to get into the second, and that jives with the Ronnie Brown trade rumors we've been hearing.

per ESPN

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:55 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rock Sexton and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.