View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Sorry...just like Rich a few weeks ago, I'm not buying 
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Post Sorry...just like Rich a few weeks ago, I'm not buying
Wake me when their 9-5. Sorry, I find it just perfect that the Dolphins have found a way to pump some life back into the fanbase with a win over San Diego. They might even beat Carolina next week because they always seem to play to the level of the competition. Which means they'll split with the Jets, lose to the Bills and Patriots to finish 1 game behind the final Wildcard team.
It is called ripping our hearts out at the end. Iv'e seen the story line way to often and this team exhibits all the symptoms.
1. No deep passing game - Safeties are squatting on everything making running and throwing difficult.
2. Defense can't stop the run. Solai was invisible today, as was Starks. Those two guys are the marquis players for the defense and they've been AWOL the few weeks.
3. RT still takes that maddening sack when all he has to do is throw the ball away or dump it off to a back.
4. When is the offense as a unit going to play a complete game? Anyone tired of seeing negative plays get repeated so often while successful ones are ignored. Did we ever see that simple quick screen to Clay after he scored on it?
5. Defensive coordinator has a 4 point lead with 50 seconds to go in the game and he blitzes both LB's after telegraphing the blitz????? The fact that there are still two LBs in the game is worth of a lecture about defensive strategies that late in the game.
6. Gates runs a post across the formation...wide open but drops the ball. SD runs exactly the same play, he's wide open again, catch and a 35yd gain. ...this tells me there is no leader on the field telling anyone anything because they should've recognized the play since it was ran back to back.

Finally there's the schedule. Carolina, Patriots, @Jets, @Bills and @Pittsburgh...the steelers appear to be playing their best ball of the season.
This whole things smells like 7-9 and the sad part is the team is relatively healthy.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:23 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Sorry...just like Rich a few weeks ago, I'm not buying
NFLJunkie wrote:
Wake me when their 9-5.
Go back to sleep. : )

Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:29 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Okay.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:43 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm a little apathetic myself. The team is not playing to their potential.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:24 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

They're definitely up and down, but this team could get hot like any other team. Funny thing is that even though our offensive line is a patch up job, I am just as concerned about our run defense. We're getting gashed and I just see a lot of wasted talent trying to fit a scheme.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:16 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

That was a great win by a great team yesterday against a very dangerous San Diego team. Those 2 teams who played the late game yesterday should be looking over their shoulder once again. We are the Miami Dolphins & we are back!

Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:29 am
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Love it Finesse...

Dave I spoke the other day how missing people along the OL are not an issue. Our starters weren't playing any better as a group than 5 FA's signed off the street. We plugged in a nobody LG yesterday....did anyone notice other than there was a little room to run?

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:25 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Love it Finesse...

Haven't you figured out that NOTHING out of his mouth is coming out with a serious tone?

If you look up the definition of Sarcastic in the dictionary, FINesse is listed!!!

:haha

Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]