View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
 ESPN Headlines 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post ESPN Headlines
Yep, you guessed it. Log on to the NFL page of ESPN and read the first four headlines.

Days in and STILL all about the Incognito/Martin debacle.

This just chaps my hide every time I turn the TV on or look at a sports page online.

That 6'5 pillsbury dough boy wuss started this whole entire negative media surge against the Miami Dolphins organization and took all the players and fans with him.

Go back to Stanford or better yet, Harvard, get your PHD in how to be a big puss.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:49 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: ESPN Headlines
Yeah, poor Dolphins organization. Given their obvious past history of good leadership and decisioning, they obviously have done everything right in this situation and we should assume they are 100% blameless in this.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:03 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Did I state that the Dolphins organization is 100% blameless in this situation? I am saying that Martin started this whole fiasco by bringing it out public. Suffice to say there are probably MANY professional sports teams that have plenty of issues that stay private and behind closed doors, so even if Miami's organization has some blame shared, why blow this thing up?

My hope is the Dolphins organization isn't to blame on all this, but either way, I still believe Martin created all of this mess publicly and should have handled it privately.

Also, I keep referring to Martin's size on these threads because he is a giant of a man and again, I am not saying I am right, simply typing my reactions and opinions to all of this, but this dude could have stood up to all this differently.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:13 pm

Finhead34 wrote:
Did I state that the Dolphins organization is 100% blameless in this situation? I am saying that Martin started this whole fiasco by bringing it out public.

So if the organization isn't blameless and this has been going on for a year and a half, how did Martin start the whole fiasco?

Quote:
Suffice to say there are probably MANY professional sports teams that have plenty of issues that stay private and behind closed doors, so even if Miami's organization has some blame shared, why blow this thing up?

I keep hearing former players, coaches and GMs saying this is unprecedented. Maybe it isn't as common as you think, or it doesn't normally approach the level of what may have happened here?

Quote:
I still believe Martin created all of this mess publicly and should have handled it privately.

Martin left the lockeroom and checked himself into a hospital, then left to California to be with his family. He didn't have a press conference or release statements along the way.

The media found out about it, as is their job and turned it into a public matter.

Quote:
Also, I keep referring to Martin's size on these threads because he is a giant of a man and again, I am not saying I am right, simply typing my reactions and opinions to all of this, but this dude could have stood up to all this differently.

Mind over matter. I've seen guys shorter than me (I'm 6'1) that weigh 170 lbs knock out guys as big and rowdy as Incognito.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:18 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Man, this team just keeps breaking our hearts. This team needs a makeover.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

There goes Ritchie...er Rich being a bully again. :haha

Dolphins aren't innocent..but this was surely premeditated on Martin's behalf. You have to give him credit...he's taking on the entire organization and NFL because he's going to retire with a fat settlement check. Doesn't matter who he steps on to get it. Mafioso

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:20 pm

Quote:
I keep hearing former players, coaches and GMs saying this is unprecedented. Maybe it isn't as common as you think, or it doesn't normally approach the level of what may have happened here?

What I've been reading is a mixed bag. You have some guys who say its part of the culture. You have others who say it isn't. It is probably different by organization.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:22 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Mind over matter. I've seen guys shorter than me (I'm 6'1) that weigh 170 lbs knock out guys as big and rowdy as Incognito.

100% true statement on your part about smaller guys whooping bigger guys, but this Martin is on a professional football team. It is obvious from other teammate testimonies that Martin has had SOME good times with these guys. WHY not stand up in front of your team and get something off your mind if it bothered you so much and for so long and to the point of you needing to leave?

Is Incognito going to wait outside after his team talk and beat him up?

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:23 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
but this was surely premeditated on Martin's behalf

Please, pretty please give me the Powerball numbers!

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:26 pm

Finhead34 wrote:

100% true statement on your part about smaller guys whooping bigger guys, but this Martin is on a professional football team. It is obvious from other teammate testimonies that Martin has had SOME good times with these guys. WHY not stand up in front of your team and get something off your mind if it bothered you so much and for so long and to the point of you needing to leave?

Is Incognito going to wait outside after his team talk and beat him up?

Whether the allegations of malicious physical attacks and all that made by Martin's representation or not, on thing he said that is 100% true. The bullied will typically try to fit in with the rest of the group to make the bullying go away.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
but this was surely premeditated on Martin's behalf

O U 8 1 2
Guaranteed winner.

I know you have trouble connecting the dots but all the evidence points to a setup. Ritchie was just dumb enough to walk right into it. He's the perfect fall guy. He is loud, obnoxious, hated in the NFL, huge ego, wild, and dumb as a brick.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:31 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

:haha :)

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:33 pm

Quote:
Whether the allegations of malicious physical attacks and all that made by Martin's representation or not, on thing he said that is 100% true. The bullied will typically try to fit in with the rest of the group to make the bullying go away.

....and the bullied would start collecting data to present in court if they were smart, long before making any allegations of being bullied. Just saying.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:34 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
I know you have trouble connecting the dots but all the evidence points to a setup. Ritchie was just dumb enough to walk right into it. He's the perfect fall guy. He is loud, obnoxious, hated in the NFL, huge ego, wild, and dumb as a brick.

I got it! What you're saying is that Martin purposely added like a wuss so that the Dolphins would pick someone to toughen him up, knowing they would pick Incognito!

Brilliant!

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:34 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

....and the bullied would start collecting data to present in court if they were smart, long before making any allegations of being bullied. Just saying.

Maybe, but maybe the bullied shouldn't have been bullied in the first place.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:35 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Perhaps the big weirdo is friends with Jamarcus Russell and was jealous of all the money that guy stole.

Martin is a big puss. Sorry the guys stole your lunch money, I really am. Folks are either going to side with Martin or Incognito. Rich is overall right in that not enough or as much of the actual facts are out yet, but I am still currently standing behind my opinions.

If I have to eat crow later, I will treat Rich to a beer :pumpiron:

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Quote:

Social dominance is an exhibited human behavior starting at about age 1. It has been around since the dawn of time and will continue to be. Everyone at some point in their life has to stand up to one of their tormentors. Sometimes you have to do it more than once.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:56 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

Social dominance is an exhibited human behavior starting at about age 1. It has been around since the dawn of time and will continue to be. Everyone at some point in their life has to stand up to one of their tormentors. Sometimes you have to do it more than once.

The NFL has rules. If the allegations are true, those rules were violated. Social dominance be damned.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:59 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

if the allegations are true..... Sure, fine him. Kick him off the team. Life time ban.

Goodell's authority can not be questioned..... Spygate was covered up. Bountygate crippled the Saints for an entire season. Bullygate will send the Dolphins to London.

Whatever the outcome, we will live with it.

Until there's an outcome. Richie is innocent til PROVEN guilty, and right now is suspended and not getting paid, our team is missing its starting left guard, and we play a winless Buccanneer team in 3 days. And there is an absolute media circus in effect.

The fact that Bullygate will completely derail the Miami Dolphins Season is unacceptable, and jobs will be lost out of this. My personal opinion sides with Richie, regardless of my stance.... heads will roll, and the team is affected by this whole circus, and it is 100% unacceptable that it was handled in this manner

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:23 pm

SkyHigh314 wrote:
Until there's an outcome. Richie is innocent til PROVEN guilty

He's guilty of leaving a pretty nasty voicemail and text messages on Martin's phone. The Dolphins must have felt this qualified as a violation of the code of conduct.

Quote:
The fact that Bullygate will completely derail the Miami Dolphins Season is unacceptable

Um, poor coaching was already derailing the Dolphins season, not to mention the crappy offensive line both Martin and Incognito were a part of.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:25 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

the season isn't derailed until they are eliminated from the playoff picture..... Didnt the Giants go on a 6 game skid before they snuck back in and won a Super Bowl?

I have my opinions about the job this coaching staff has been doing all season too, but the win on Thursday night COULD HAVE saved the season..... we don't know. All has not been lost..... YET

The whole black cloud over the team, and whatever sanctions the NFL decides are appropriate WILL derail the season. I assure you of that.....

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:34 pm

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Quote:

The NFL has rules. If the allegations are true, those rules were violated. Social dominance be damned.

Yes and there are ways to bully people that would appear "within" the rules or when no one else is looking. Happens in every workplace and every setting.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:36 pm

NFLJunkie wrote:
es and there are ways to bully people that would appear "within" the rules or when no one else is looking. Happens in every workplace and every setting.

This is true. I see it all the time where I work.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]