View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 PFF - Dolphins Stock Report: Games 5-8 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post PFF - Dolphins Stock Report: Games 5-8
Quote:
Stock Up: Dannell Ellerbe (+6.1, Q2 2013; -5.3, Q1 2013)

Settling in immediately with a new team isn’t always the easiest thing to do and Dannell Ellerbe certainly had his problems settling quickly with the Dolphins, missing five tackles in the first month of the season. Playing only two full games due to injury this month, Ellerbe has looked more like the player the Dolphins thought they were getting with a strong game in run defense (+2.1, five stops) against the Patriots and a terrific game in coverage (+3.4, three PDs) against the Bengals last Thursday.

Stock Down: Charles Clay (-6.5, Q2 2013; -0.5, Q1 2013)

Unable to replicate his impact in the receiving game from the first month, the focus has been on Clay as a blocker this month and he has been found wanting in the running game. Two poor games against the Bills and Bengals (-3.4 run block in each) form the majority of Clay’s fall away in grade this month.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... d-quarter/

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: PFF - Dolphins Stock Report: Games 5-8
Unfortunately, Charles Clay isn't a good blocker, but he can makes plays when thrown the pass.

Ellerbe is going to be an outstanding linebacker for us. I'm not too sure about Wheeler.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Post Re: PFF - Dolphins Stock Report: Games 5-8
kinda drastic shifts. Ellerbe goes from negative 5 to positive 6...... clay went from negative .5 to negative 6.

While these stats are great for linemen offense and defense, i find them hard to take for backers, DBs, and skill positions. Just saying. Ive been very impressed with Clay as a receiver, and how they have been utilizing him. I thought TE would have been our biggest problem this season with no one really there, and the guys have stepped up. So what if Clay can't block as well, hes been making some pretty nifty catches and has been a threat out of the FB position all season in the passing game. I would give Clay a positive rating, but the rating system has more to do with blocking and such.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]