View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Lamar Miller: 3rd Best YPC Average in the NFL Midseason 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Lamar Miller: 3rd Best YPC Average in the NFL Midseason
Quote:
Through the first eight games of the regular season, Miami Dolphins second-year running back Lamar Miller has been asked to platoon with Daniel Thomas and split the carries. But his recent performances seem to be buying Miller more of a primary role.

Only Washington’s Alfred Morris (5.20) and Dallas’ DeMarco Murray (4.83) are averaging more yards per carry among running backs in the National Football League than Miller’s 4.81. He has rushed for 448 yards on 93 attempts with two touchdowns and also has 13 receptions for 72 yards, which has garnered him more confidence from offensive coordinator Mike Sherman in terms of getting more chances.

“I think the opportunities he gets, we’ve started the season and I think he’s making the most of his opportunities right now and I’m excited to see that,” Sherman said. “I’m sure as we continue to go, if he keeps using those opportunities the way he’s used them here recently, other than putting the ball on the ground, which we have to clean that up a little bit, he had a great run. I thought he played very well in the last few ball games. Yes I think that’s a strong possibility that he could.”

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/artic ... 7e7e82e03c

Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:15 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Lamar Miller: 3rd Best YPC Average in the NFL Midseason
More proof that Sherman and Philbin are clueless. Lets handcuff a struggling offense even more by platooning these two for the 2nd half of the season even though Miller is clearly the better back. Hey Sherman if you keep waiting a little longer to declare Miller as the primary RB there is an even stronger possibility you will find yourself unemployed.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:31 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Post Re: Lamar Miller: 3rd Best YPC Average in the NFL Midseason
wait, is Sherman really accusing Miller of putting the ball on the floor too much. He's had 1, i repeat 1 fumble!!!

We are not talking about the great Ricky Williams that coughed up the ball once a game. And I love Ricky to death, but still. Miller has 1 fumble in 8 games, last time i checked that is great by NFL standards.

If he has to worry bout any one putting the ball on the ground, point the finger at Tannehill, and even then, if the DLinemen have an open lane to his back, I dont blame him neither.

Sherman, I think its time to retire, or switch to coaching Division 3 college football

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]