View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Dolphins cancel meeting with Jason Taylor 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Dolphins cancel meeting with Jason Taylor
:boo:

Jeff Darlington wrote:
Team sources said the Dolphins were unable to conduct a previously scheduled private meeting between Taylor and coach Tony Sparano as a result of the organization's own decision to hold off on the meeting. A reason for the cancellation was not provided.

The team's decision to call off the meeting isn't likely going to sit well with Taylor, who already was frustrated by the lack of communication between he and the Dolphins. Still, despite those frustrations, Taylor had not yet committed to the Jets.

Taylor's increased aggravation with the lack of communication is making him more comfortable with the prospect of leaving South Florida. Regardless, even with his agent's continued push to get him to leave Miami for the Jets, Taylor has not yet wanted to pull the trigger himself, sources said.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/15/1 ... -puts.html

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Dolphins cancel meeting with Jason Taylor
have fun in new york buddy. im going to hate watching you play against us twice a year. sorry our FO had to be so crap with ya

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:52 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

:boo: Come on now thats just BS........you mean to tell me that he's not worth keeping a meeting over. Not like you had to pay him just talk to the man,let him know whats going on. Thats just wrong I mean even Burger King or McDonalds will tell there employees they dont want them to come back. So long JT it was good while it lasted.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:57 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

This is starting to piss me off.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:04 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think the Trifecta is just putting the whole Jason Taylor thing off until after the draft. If we take a pass rusher in the first round then it would make JT less of a need. No matter what happens however, I think we're going to sign him after the draft to a sweetheart deal like we did last year. His experience is just too valuable, and he would make a great mentor to a young OLB. That and I've just got a hunch Taylor really wants to avoid playing for the Jets. He only cost us about $1M last season, and I think the Jets are only offering $3M over two seasons, so I don't think money will be the deciding factor here. You can say what you want, I think Taylor stays a Dolphin for at least one more year.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:18 pm

wkloiber13 wrote:
I think the Trifecta is just putting the whole Jason Taylor thing off until after the draft. If we take a pass rusher in the first round then it would make JT less of a need. No matter what happens however, I think we're going to sign him after the draft to a sweetheart deal like we did last year. His experience is just too valuable, and he would make a great mentor to a young OLB. That and I've just got a hunch Taylor really wants to avoid playing for the Jets. He only cost us about $1M last season, and I think the Jets are only offering $3M over two seasons, so I don't think money will be the deciding factor here. You can say what you want, I think Taylor stays a Dolphin for at least one more year.

Welcome back to the boards, wkloiber!

I'm in total agreement with what you said. Whether we draft somebody early on or not is irrelevant. Miami needs JT.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:28 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Okay even if they do plain on doing that,at least have sit down with him,or call,text something.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

I'm in total agreement with what you said. Whether we draft somebody early on or not is irrelevant. Miami needs JT.

Good to be back Dolfan brother. It's been a while but I'm already seeing familiar names. I agree with you totally, we need JT and he needs us. I think we're just waiting to draft our rookies, then figure the whole Taylor thing out before or sometime during training camp. I think many sports writers are not taking into consideration that Jason Taylor might not want to completely participate in training camp. At his age, and with all of his experience, I think training camp isn't a big deal for him like it would be some of the rookies. He's kind of like a Brett Favre, you sign him late, let him get a little action in pre-season, then watch blow plays up all season long.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:56 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I can't remember where I read it but in one article there was speculation that the meet might have been postponed until Monday after JT got back from vacation.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Someway somehow I think JT resigns. But honestly its not so much that if he doesnt it will piss me off but it is the lack of respect for him by the FO. Now I know basically he is not "their" guy but I am really tired of all the "secrets" that these "regimes" bring in with them & the 'I dont care about the past" attitudes. Sure I dont care about the past when it is 20+ years ago but the immediate past has to somewhat be taken into consideration because the immediate past reflects what you will do in the foreseeable future.
Sit down with the guy , give him his due. Stop running the orginazation like it is a secret spy service. JJ did it , Saban did it & these guys are doing it & none of them have won anything.
If JT doesnt fit into your plans just come clean & say it ... move on but give a honest explanation & be honest about guys you have an interest in ... seems a vote of confidence from these guys results in a ticket to a new team.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:27 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Maybe the FO is playing this out, to throw off other teams of whats going on. Perhaps JT already knows the deal and he is playing along. Might be far fetched, but i'm just hoping that our FO is better that this and can at least pay the proper respect to a player of his caliber and dedication to our franchise.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:21 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MIAcubano13 wrote:
Maybe the FO is playing this out, to throw off other teams of whats going on. Perhaps JT already knows the deal and he is playing along. Might be far fetched, but i'm just hoping that our FO is better that this and can at least pay the proper respect to a player of his caliber and dedication to our franchise.

That's been my hunch. If the Jets have a chance at JT, how hard do they think about drafting an OLB?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:46 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

wkloiber13 wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Good to be back Dolfan brother. It's been a while but I'm already seeing familiar names. I agree with you totally, we need JT and he needs us. I think we're just waiting to draft our rookies, then figure the whole Taylor thing out before or sometime during training camp. I think many sports writers are not taking into consideration that Jason Taylor might not want to completely participate in training camp. At his age, and with all of his experience, I think training camp isn't a big deal for him like it would be some of the rookies. He's kind of like a Brett Favre, you sign him late, let him get a little action in pre-season, then watch blow plays up all season long.

wkloiber, I did not know if that were you are not, but welcome back. The front office certainly could have handled this situation better. They have let it be known for a while though that they would not address this situation with Jason until the draft was over.

I would hate to see Jason in a Jet uniform, but there no way for him to know if Miami will bring him back. I hate to see this play out the way it is.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:58 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I hope JT has patience with the staff, and ends up in dolphin uniform again next year.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:27 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Well, maybe we aren't hearing the whole story. Maybe they told him they'd meet with him when he came back from his vacation on Monday. Who knows?

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:30 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I am quite sure that SOMEONE in the Dolphin brass has been doing some sort of communication with Jason Taylor as I would have a very hard time believing otherwise.

Hopefully, Miami is smart with this end result as I feel his leadership alone is worth bringing him back and using him as a situational player. He still has plenty left in the tank to contribute and besides, who the heck wants to see him on the Jets of all teams????

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:13 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Sometimes the answer to what's going on is in what's not being done. He hasn't signed with the Jets. Let's take it a step further. He went on vacation and didn't seem to be too worried about a deal either way (with the Jets or Dolphins). I have a feeling that there is definitely some mind games being played.

Just remember there is no love lost between the Jets, Rex Ryan, or their fans and JT or the Phins. Something doesn't add up and I don't think in a million years that JT is going to the Jets and I never have. Like I said in a previous post, if JT wanted to be a JET then he would have signed a contract and would have done what he could to make the JETS drafting decisions easier.

Just my opinion.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:30 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Yet the best season we've had in the last decade was achieved without him.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

eleaf wrote:

Yet the best season we've had in the last decade was achieved without him.

Porter had 17.5 sacks that season... Yet he is already gone, so we would have to hope Anderson or Wake step up in the absence of 2 pro bowl OLB's this season....

Not saying JT is the only answer... But it makes alot of sense being we have some other glaring needs entering the 2010 season, and we have already given away the 2nd round pick...

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:11 am
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

A lot of guys seem to feel the FO isn't giving Jason his 'respect'. I disagree. This staff took Jason back after he tried to play hardball with them in the whole 'Dancing with the Stars' deal. Hardball doesn't work here. So, Jason left.
Then, when he discovered that we weren't who he thought we would be, and that these guys would turn Miami around ina hurry, he came back AND WAS ACCEPTED.
Now he's going to play hardball again? And with the Archenemy Jets? Even if it's just a feint, why antagonize ParSparLand? Does he think it will work better this year? It won't.
I also fully understand that this could just be his agent wanting him to sign to get another commission check. Jason doesn't need another million, as crazy as that sounds.
This staff is saying in plain terms, 'Hey, we will do what's best for the Dolphins, not what's best for Jason Taylor. You put egg on our face two years ago, and then we showed you that really you were hurting yourself. Now you want to repeat the mistake? Go ahead.
I think the Dolphins told him they aren't going to do anything until after the draft, and JT may be trying to push a bit to dissuade the team from drafting his replacement.
I want JT here because he's still a good player and is good in the locker room, but if he signs with the Jets (and he knows FULLY WELL what that will do to his legacy in the minds of the fanbase), does he think that 'gets' his respect? because he'll sign a two-year 3M deal? It's peanuts (relatively).
I also think the FO has more knowledge than us on what might be happening draft day, vis a vis trades and such. Let's say Earl Thomas and Dan Williams are both gone at #12. If they then grab a Derrick Morgan or Jason Pierre-Paul, I would assume they have no intention of resigning JT. If, however, they trade down to get more picks, then I believe the door would be open for him.
He just can't be so ignorant to think that if he tries hardball that THIS time it will work.
If he truly, as he has said, wants to be HERE, then he will wait until that door opens. POUNDING on the door to MAKE them open it will only see them put a deadbolt on it and JT won't come back...ever.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]