View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ricky Williams take 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Ricky Williams take
Rock Sexton wrote:
The entire locker room knows what he said now. They still support him, hence they don't feel he's a racist. This isn't hard to understand.

Neither is the fact that I was responding to a quote that said nothing about racism... well... I would think it wouldn't be but some people around here read a fourth of a post before they run off with what they think it said.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:54 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
The entire locker room knows what he said now. They still support him, hence they don't feel he's a racist. This isn't hard to understand.

Neither is the fact that I was responding to a quote that said nothing about racism... well... I would think it wouldn't be but some people around here read a fourth of a post before they run off with what they think it said.

Did I quote you when I made my comment? Take your own advice.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:00 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Rich wrote:

I responded to a specific quote from an article you quoted. It didn't mention race. Sounds like you should be having that discussion with someone else.

Yes you pulled it from a thread in which an accusation of Incognito being a racist was being responded too. So that is the context. Maybe you should be having a discussion with someone else. In the context in which I was using it I thought and think it relevant. I have not changed the position I took. You were the one who said my quote of them was irrelevant. I think you were and still are wrong about that.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:40 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I look at it this way, whether or not Pouncey, Wake, Starks or anyone else doesnt mind if Ritchie refers to them as N, my N, half N or whatever variation of the word you want to use, with a AH at the end or ER..

The bottom line is Martin did not approve of it.

Now the only thing that could make things differently, is if Martin was engaging in this among his peers, and the investigation uncovers that Martin was 100% on board with Ritchie using this terminology, joked around in front of other players, and now is using it against him.
That will be uncovered with an investigation

To me that seems odd, I personally see Martin as the weak link, and feel most of the team did as well. Whether or not they knew to waht extent Incognito was going is unknown.This seems to me like they were trying to either make him step up, or break him. And which happened was not important to any of them.
They broke him, and he spilled the beans..

When he submitted these messages, it made the statement he was not approving of a man calling him a half N, disrespecting his mother and threatening him. Even if the white guy was "only joking around"

Now as far as my original comment, if the "locker room" was on board with racial slurs, then they are as much at fault.

I do not think because ex crack dealers like Jay Z, 50 Cent and Lil Wayne use it means its ok for everyone too... I do not find them to be the moral mentors of our society

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:54 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Hartline says Incognito and Martin were friends, he was extremely critical of voice mails being leaked to media

Andrew Abramson @AbramsonPBP

Hartline said at one time the voice mail was a joke in the locker room and he believes Martin was one laughing about it

https://twitter.com/AbramsonPBP

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:35 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Adam Beasley @AdamHBeasley

Everybody we've talked to says how close they were. Hartline was on fire.

Tyson Clabo is irate at Jonathan Martin: "I don't know why he's doing this. ... This is ridiculous."

https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:41 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:

Tannehill, John Jerry, everyone keeps talking about how Incognito and Martin were friends.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:43 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

The more I read on this matter the more I think Martin is a 300 pound wimp.....a wimp with mental issues. Now a matter that should have been resolved behind closed doors goes not only public and dragged through the media mud, but now legal too.

Incognito belongs back on the football field with his team. That is my current stance.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:51 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Incognito has been supported publicly by many of his teammates, black and white. Center Mike Pouncey, who is black, lines up next to Incognito on the field and is a friend off the field.

“Pouncey and Incognito, they talk to each other that way — redneck, (n-word), it doesn’t bother the two of them. It’s how they communicate,” the source said. “They bond with one another and they were trying to bring Jonathan in the circle.” ...

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sport ... nit/nbjkW/

Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:39 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

This is a strange story now..

I would assume some sort of compensation will be needed being his mental state is now shattered due to this..

And I still strongly disagree with the lose use of the word, regardless if a person is "joking around".. Someone may get offended, and some may take it the wrong way as we are seeing now..

Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:51 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

10acjed wrote:

I would assume some sort of compensation will be needed being his mental state is now shattered due to this..

And I still strongly disagree with the lose use of the word, regardless if a person is "joking around".. Someone may get offended, and some may take it the wrong way as we are seeing now..

Are you sure he took it the wrong way?

Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:54 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:

No. Clearly it's been used in the locker room with Martin around. This has absolutely nothing to do with that word.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:01 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

No. Clearly it's been used in the locker room with Martin around. This has absolutely nothing to do with that word.

I agree.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:

John Jerry on Incognito using N-word: "I have never heard him say it around me." But If he had heard it?... "I would just laugh it off."

Clabo said Incognito might have been drunk when he left the now infamous voice mail for Martin.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:18 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

AQNOR wrote:
10acjed wrote:

Are you sure he took it the wrong way?

He, not completely sure, but from what I am reading it would seem like its a word used frequently, and he was aware of it.

However the outside world does not see it that way, and many are taking it as a racial slur and considering it bullying gone to the extreme, even calling it extortion.

Its a pretty bad situation these guys put us in, whether its martin for reversing the hazing and using it against them, or its being so stupid to leave voice messages and texts that could be seen/heard by anyone

I have never been ashamed of this team before, and the more I read the more it seems like the mentality of this locker room is adolescent. Its no wonder they look the way they do on game day.. They are clidish

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:37 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

However the outside world does not see it that way, and many are taking it as a racial slur and considering it bullying gone to the extreme, even calling it extortion.

This is why the outside world needs to mind its business.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:

This is why the outside world needs to mind its business.

Ya seriously. They need to get back to their "Keeping with the Kardashians" marathons.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
I have never been ashamed of this team before, and the more I read the more it seems like the mentality of this locker room is adolescent. Its no wonder they look the way they do on game day.. They are clidish

I am not ashamed. What's pathetic is people imposing their views on how that locker room and brotherhood should be handled, ESPECIALLY after this sideshow act that's been a complete media creation.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:47 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

This is the military (when I was in) and 31 other NFL teams as well as highschools, colleges, adult kickback leagues (me), adult softball leagues (me) and every other brotherhood around the nation.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:51 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Read what the rest of your "brotherhood" are saying, not many are saying "thats what we do"

I am glad you feel the other 31 teams feel the same way, but many former and current players have spoken, and are not siding with this behavior

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:00 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Read what the rest of your "brotherhood" are saying, not many are saying "thats what we do"

I am glad you feel the other 31 teams feel the same way, but many former and current players have spoken, and are not siding with this behavior

Remember the code? lol.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:04 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Makchell wrote:

Remember the code? lol.

lol

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:

And many are.

Who's the more correct? Obviously the one you personally side with.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:06 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

10acjed wrote:

Seems to me the ones siding with Martin are the guys who are talking heads for ESPN, NFL, etc.

The guys allowed to speak freely seem to go the other direction.

Hmm...

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:15 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Seems to me the ones siding with Martin are the guys who are talking heads for ESPN, NFL, etc.

Liberal media? hmmmm is right (no pun inteneded).

Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:19 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Guard John Jerry said he never heard Incognito use the racist term included in one voicemail and wouldn't have objected anyway.

"I would have just laughed it off," Jerry said. "I know the type of person he is, and I know he doesn't mean it that way. Everybody's got friends that when you're out, they say those type of things. It's never made a big deal."

http://pro32.ap.org/article/ap-sources- ... g-football

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:20 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

"I would have just laughed it off," Jerry said. "I know the type of person he is, and I know he doesn't mean it that way. Everybody's got friends that when you're out, they say those type of things. It's never made a big deal

There you go.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2