View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Is it Really Ireland's Fault? 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Is it Really Ireland's Fault?
Yesterday on that cirtical TD drive by the bucs, Wheeler was victimized by the same play he'd been victimized with all game. Back simply runs across the formation and then turns back in the middle toward the sideline. It was witihin 5 yards he shouuld've planted the back in the dirt. Instead the back turns back, catches the ball and out runs a flopping wheeler to the sideline for 12 yards. He sux. I watched some of those inside runs... he stands back there and waits for the block to happen. Yesterday also showed how important Koa Misi is to the run defense.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:04 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Fridays

Fact is our run defense was way better with Dansby and Burnett.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:41 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

swerve13 wrote:

Way better?

I don't know about way better. Our run defense wasn't all that good as the year went on last year. We wound up allowing 4.0 YPC for the season. This season, we're allowing 3.9 YPC but teams are running it more on us so more yards are being allowed.

Let's put it this way, these are the rushing yards allowed for the last 8 games of 2012.

That's 132 yards per game.

We're allowing 119 yards per game this season.. so I don't know about much better.

Our run defense has sucked since we switched from a 3-4.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yeah....our personnel on defense would fit a 3-4 much better. Our offensive line needs to get away from the zone blocking scheme as well. They are not athletic enough to make it work and they do not work well together either. Did you see how tight a formation the Buc's ran Monday night. That might work better for the talent this team has. I also would have liked to see the team run Yeatman as the extra blocker again. Why did they not roll with that again? It is also time to bench Wallace. He is a liability with the state of our O-line and QB's lack of long ball touch. Better to put in another player who can run routes and work the middle. Heck, put in Egnew. Go with 5 OL +Yeatman. Put Miller in the backfield with Tannehill. Use Clay, Hartline and Matthews as your featured receivers. You can sub Egnew in at times. Roll Tannehill out....move the pocket. Be unpredictable Sherman. You might also want to change the snap count.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:52 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I'll leave the topic at this...............if we had a good coaching staff, this team would be 7-2 right now..........there's no excuse for losing to Buffalo with a practice squad QB and a 0-8 Bucs Team and we should have at least pulled out a win over Baltimore or held a 14 point, 2nd half lead against New England.........take your pick.

Those losses are on the coaches...........they're not on the GM or the players he's assembled. This team should be competing for the Division title right now, not in an elimination game in week 11.

I agree, public sentiment will likely force Ireland out, but that would be a mistake.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Rich wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Way better?

I don't know about way better. Our run defense wasn't all that good as the year went on last year. We wound up allowing 4.0 YPC for the season. This season, we're allowing 3.9 YPC but teams are running it more on us so more yards are being allowed.

Let's put it this way, these are the rushing yards allowed for the last 8 games of 2012.

That's 132 yards per game.

We're allowing 119 yards per game this season.. so I don't know about much better.

Our run defense has sucked since we switched from a 3-4.

Actually this team hasn't fielded a top 15 defense since 2009

Last edited by NFLJunkie on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:00 pm

Soliai played in all 16 games last season.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Just saw that. It was 2011. But doing some research this defense has pretty much given up huge chunks of yardage since 2010. Given the personnel...that's just unacceptable.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2