View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Tanny and Rashad 
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Tanny and Rashad
Rock Sexton wrote:
ust admit you never expected to see it happen based on how we all felt about the WR's before the season began.

Why would I do that??

8/21/2012 my thread labeled Hartline ETA
http://www.phinfever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7312&hilit=Brian+Hartline+ETA

Your response to that topic:
Rock Sexton wrote:
You know things are bad when people are on Hartline watch.

Also from a thread labled "WR" back in Aug
10acjed wrote:
I hope Hartline is ready to go soon, but its been hush hush so I thinks it may be serious.

So feel free to tell me how I was not expecting anything from Hartline. I was, and I am glad he did not let me down. I like the guy, always have. Hard worker, good field awareness, great hands. He is a solid WR.

You may have felt that way, however I did not. I felt we had 2 solid WR's, and needed at least 1 more.
And I still feel that way, and will until we have at least 1 more guy that can add something on a regular basis..

Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:10 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

10acjed wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
ust admit you never expected to see it happen based on how we all felt about the WR's before the season began.

Why would I do that??

8/21/2012 my thread labeled Hartline ETA
http://www.phinfever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7312&hilit=Brian+Hartline+ETA

Your response to that topic:
Rock Sexton wrote:
You know things are bad when people are on Hartline watch.

Also from a thread labled "WR" back in Aug
10acjed wrote:
I hope Hartline is ready to go soon, but its been hush hush so I thinks it may be serious.

So feel free to tell me how I was not expecting anything from Hartline. I was, and I am glad he did not let me down. I like the guy, always have. Hard worker, good field awareness, great hands. He is a solid WR.

You may have felt that way, however I did not. I felt we had 2 solid WR's, and needed at least 1 more.
And I still feel that way, and will until we have at least 1 more guy that can add something on a regular basis..

Careful when using the SEARCH feature to dig up old posts. People that have no clue it exists will think you sat there for hours looking for these posts and you have no life, when it takes minutes....

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:47 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

:grin:

That pesky search...

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:54 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:

If you feel we have two solid WR's, then stop shaking your head at the idea Tanny could've made plays out there in the Pats game or indirectly insinuating that this receiving core is bleak ..... If you feel like we need to add to that, that's fine .... I agree with it.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Kev1321 wrote:
:grin:

That pesky search...

See unlike yourself, I can man up and say when I was wrong about situation. Hence why I'm giving Bess/Hartline credit this year.

One day though, I'll strive to have the unblemished personnel scouting record of nobody I know on here. LMFAO.

Kev1321 wrote:
I'm not saying i like the deal..I like Vontae as a player. And could he have been moved to safety, because ours suck.

But if the corners don't miss a beat and the next guy steps up. How can you complain.

Wait and see what happens.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7355&p=88721#p88721

Oh em gee ..... Kev said our safeties suck!!!! How could he not know Reshad Jones would be a breakout player? There goes his unblemished predictions record!

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:59 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

See unlike yourself, I can man up and say when I was wrong about situation. Hence why I'm giving Bess/Hartline credit this year.

I respect that. Even Junkie admitted that I was right regarding Tebow, right Junkie? lol love u.

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:11 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rock Sexton wrote:

If you feel we have two solid WR's, then stop shaking your head at the idea Tanny could've made plays out there in the Pats game or indirectly insinuating that this receiving core is bleak ..... If you feel like we need to add to that, that's fine .... I agree with it.

I shake my head because your expecting too much, its not realistic.

Ryan Tannehill was not great but did not throw a pick. Nit pick one or two missed plays from him all you want, he had a good enough game to win if the rest of the team steps up..

Our run game sucks as well... I would think maybe criticizing that as another reason we lost.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:33 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Makchell wrote:

I respect that. Even Junkie admitted that I was right regarding Tebow, right Junkie? lol love u.

:cry: muh boy just didn't get an opportunity because of Jabba the Ryan. Still think it might happen...post Rex Ryan

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:07 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
Ryan Tannehill was not great but did not throw a pick. Nit pick one or two missed plays from him all you want, he had a good enough game to win if the rest of the team steps up..

Those handful of plays are what commonly decide ball games. Unless you're one of these people who are expecting a blowout every game, which is completely unreasonable. Coaches have uttered my sentiments many times too in regards to "those plays".

Man, in reading the threads for a while I get the impression that quite a few are expecting a day when we field top talent at 3-4 wideout positions, we have a league leading RB, and our O-line is the best in the game.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:12 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rock Sexton wrote:

Man, in reading the threads for a while I get the impression that quote a few are expecting a day when we field top talent at 3-4 wideout positions, we have a league leading RB, and our O-line is the best in the game.

Or when Brian Hartline avereges 200 yards a game...

I will take one top tallent WR, and one top talent RB...
Andre Johnson, Arian Foster... Team 11-1 right now, clinched division..

Roddy White, Michael Turner - Team 11-1 now, clinched division...

Most predict that as your SB match up..
Nah, lets not try fielding better players, lets trade away the good ones and just hope for the best...

However just to clarify one more time for you.. I AM NOT ASKING FOR A BIG NAME FA WR SIGNING!!!! Or a roster loaded with them. I am saying we are 1 player shy at WR.

I am just wondering why out of a dozen or so that this new staff has brought in, none of them have had an impact... Something is wrong..

Johnson
Armstrong
Gafeney
Cunningham
Moore
Wallace
Fuller
Gates

Must be one wicked playbook if they all struggle to grasp it...

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:21 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Man, in reading the threads for a while I get the impression that quite a few are expecting a day when we field top talent at 3-4 wideout positions, we have a league leading RB, and our O-line is the best in the game.

Misinterpretation is in the eye of the beholder.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:58 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

None of that is going on here.

I forgot to include they also want a seam-busting tight end.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:05 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

Oh I definitely want one of those for Christmas! :grin:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:14 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Everyone is angry we passed on Matt Ryan but look at what he has to work with. A bulldozing back, a solid o-line, 2 of the top 7 WR's in the league and a hall-of-fame seambusting tight end.

Not to mention a complete defense from front to back.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:17 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

One more time...

Atlanta - Gonzales, White, Turner - 11 - 1
Houston - Daniels, Johnson, Foster - 11 -1

Miami - Hartline, Fasano, Bush - 5 - 7

:awe:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:23 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Everyone is angry we passed on Matt Ryan but look at what he has to work with. A bulldozing back, a solid o-line, 2 of the top 7 WR's in the league and a hall-of-fame seambusting tight end.

Atlanta's D is ranked:
5th in points against
18th in yards/game
20th in rushing yards/game
15th in passing yards/game

Atanta's offense:
28th in rushing yards a game on offense
8th in pass protection according to Pro Football Focus: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Not quite the juggernaut at every position that you make it out to be. Where they excel is Matt Ryan, those two receivers, and quality protection. I should also mention they "create" turnovers and do not cough up the football like we do.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:23 am

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

What isn't going on here is anybody saying what you just said you perceived they are saying.

For a guy that's always complaining about people bringing up imaginary arguments, you seem to like doing the same thing.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:31 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
What isn't going on here is anybody saying what you just said you perceived they are saying.

For a guy that's always complaining about people bringing up imaginary arguments, you seem to like doing the same thing.

Where though? What threads have you been reading this season?

These guys want top protection for their Tanny.

They want playmaking WR's for their Tanny.

They want a seam busting TE for their Tanny.

They want a better running game for their Tanny.

What average QB doesn't need those things? Case in point, it sounds like we need an awful lot of things to make Tanny better. I'm of the mind that asking for all those things is more than likely a pipe dream. It comes down to can Tanny eventually make the talent he has around him better because the odds of all of those cards falling into place are low.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:36 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rock Sexton wrote:
It comes down to can Tanny eventually make the talent he has around him better

Eventually?
Hartline & Bess are on pace for 1000 each right now..

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:51 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
Eventually?

You're right. Absolutely not even a shred of credit should also go to either one of those guys for stepping up their play. It's all Tanny. That's why everyone else suddenly blossomed too.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:55 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rock Sexton wrote:
10acjed wrote:
Eventually?

You're right. Absolutely not even a shred of credit should also go to either one of those guys for stepping up their play. It's all Tanny. That's why everyone else suddenly blossomed too.

Does the QB make those around him better or is it the players stepping up their game?

Because I see two players who played with 4 different QB's suddenly step up their game...

Either way you make my point. Tannehill is good enough to assist them in their new found dedication to becoming better players. Why not find one or two other guys that will do the same for our QB...

And why should I not feel that if this staff did find a few more like them we would be in a pretty good position...

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
Does the QB make those around him better or is it the players stepping up their game?

Because I see two players who played with 4 different QB's suddenly step up their game...

Either way you make my point. Tannehill is good enough to assist them in their new found dedication to becoming better players. Why not find one or two other guys that will do the same for our QB...

And why should I not feel that if this staff did find a few more like them we would be in a pretty good position...

I'm all for adding some pieces, but the expectations of acquired pieces on every unit of this team outside of the QB positions is a little lofty when looking at it cumulatively.

What I see is good chemistry between those 3 players .... and I also see balls that used to go to Marshall/Fasano when Moore was playing, going predominantly to Bess/Hartline.

Fact is, if Tanny was at the stage in his career where he was elevating those around him, it wouldn't stop with just his two favorite targets.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:09 pm

Rock Sexton wrote:

You said top talent at 3-4 wideout positions...

No one is asking for 3-4 top wide receivers.

You're making up straw man arguments in one thread and then lambasting people for doing it in other threads.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:24 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rock Sexton wrote:

Fact is, if Tanny was at the stage in his career where he was elevating those around him, it wouldn't stop with just his two favorite targets.

I guess thats where we differ, I did not expect a rookie QB to elevate the play of the team, I expect veterans to step up their play and help the rookie out...

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
You're making up straw man arguments in one thread and then lambasting people for doing it in other threads.

Sorry Rich ... it's what I've read all season long in regards to the talent around him and that's where I got the impression from.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
I guess thats where we differ, I did not expect a rookie QB to elevate the play of the team, I expect veterans to step up their play and help the rookie out...

I wasn't "expecting it" yet either ...... albeit it would be nice to get it sooner rather than later.

However what I expected was a little bit more improvement as the season wore on.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:56 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Rock Sexton wrote:
10acjed wrote:

I wasn't "expecting it" yet either ...... albeit it would be nice to get it sooner rather than later.

However what I expected was a little bit more improvement as the season wore on.

Well hopefuly he learns from the mistakes.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:25 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Rock Sexton wrote:
swerve13 wrote:

Atlanta's D is ranked:
5th in points against
18th in yards/game
20th in rushing yards/game
15th in passing yards/game

Atanta's offense:
28th in rushing yards a game on offense
8th in pass protection according to Pro Football Focus: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Not quite the juggernaut at every position that you make it out to be. Where they excel is Matt Ryan, those two receivers, and quality protection. I should also mention they "create" turnovers and do not cough up the football like we do.

You are so right Rock. That is why I hate those "well look what he has to work with" comments. Good front offices find their QB & then surround him with talent. That is why this front office is teetering just above crap & has been crap in years passed. We cant seem to find play makers at most positions. When was the last time that "'look what he has to work with" comment was directed at us.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

Rock's world!!!!! Rock's world!!!! Party Time!!!! I owed you one. LOL

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:49 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

swerve13 wrote:
Rock's world!!!!! Rock's world!!!! Party Time!!!! I owed you one. LOL

You gotta make up a new one though. LOL

Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:46 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
Rich wrote:

What average QB doesn't need those things? Case in point, it sounds like we need an awful lot of things to make Tanny better. I'm of the mind that asking for all those things is more than likely a pipe dream. It comes down to can Tanny eventually make the talent he has around him better because the odds of all of those cards falling into place are low.

What are you talking about?

If Ireland and our staff do a good job of drafting and signing free agents, then Tannehill could have all of those things in Miami in one offseason. The offensive line and the run game are interconnected. It's obvious that when the line does its job that we're able to run for big yardage. So if we fix the line aka bring in guys that fit the zone blocking scheme, then we'll be able to give Tannehill a run game. I think the trio of guys we currently have are more than sufficient. When it comes to the passing game, we have plenty of draft picks and money in free agency to find those things. We have five picks in the first three rounds and the most money in free agency. If Ireland can't address the majority of our issues with all of that then I think we need a new GM.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:07 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
What are you talking about?

If Ireland and our staff do a good job of drafting and signing free agents, then Tannehill could have all of those things in Miami in one offseason. The offensive line and the run game are interconnected. It's obvious that when the line does its job that we're able to run for big yardage. So if we fix the line aka bring in guys that fit the zone blocking scheme, then we'll be able to give Tannehill a run game. I think the trio of guys we currently have are more than sufficient. When it comes to the passing game, we have plenty of draft picks and money in free agency to find those things. We have five picks in the first three rounds and the most money in free agency. If Ireland can't address the majority of our issues with all of that then I think we need a new GM.

If "Ireland" .... so many things wrong with just that statement alone.

So let me get this straight, you are of the mind that expects Jeff Ireland to shore up our running game, our O-Line, a seam busting TE, and add playmakers to the WR core? You've rationalized that in your head given what you've seen until now?

My point is, too much is being made of creating this "perfect world" scenario for the offense so Tanny can thrive. Will we add "some" pieces? Probably. Could we use slightly improved play in those other area? Definitely. But rather than get my hopes up for the idea that Jeff Ireland of all people is going to grocery shop for the perfect offense, I'm gonna stick to waiting to see more improvement from Tannehill. It's all on that kid. Otherwise he's like any of the other average QB's who are heavily reliant on the talent around them just to be successful game managers.

Last edited by Rock Sexton on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Look, its not about Tannehill only succeeding when he gets those things. In cases like Ryan and Flacco, those weapons or lesser versions of them help those QBs navigate through their rookie season. When the light bulb went off they began making others around them better.

Asking for a weapon or two to help Tannehill out at this stage isn't asking too much. Every rookie or young QB has something good to work with and none are making no names rise to upper echelon levels.

Let me add that I do think Tannehill could be doing better so he has to accept some responsibility here. Another part is the coaching which we've all questioned. Why aren't they using his legs or Bush as a short option?

Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:35 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Or we can wait til we finally find that QB we need... You know the one that will elevate the players, Marlon Moore and Rishard Matthews battling for the pro bowl ballot...

Mastrud and Egnew busting those seams....

:fart:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:10 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
Or we can wait til we finally find that QB we need... You know the one that will elevate the players, Marlon Moore and Rishard Matthews battling for the pro bowl ballot...

Mastrud and Egnew busting those seams....

:fart:

Ya, forget about Hartline/Bess/Bush .... I mean crap, our coaching staff refuses to use one of the best RB's out in space in our passing game.

But speaking to your point, who drafted those guys you mentioned? Ohhhhh but Ireland's gonna bring us everything we need next year! This argument couldn't get anymore ironic.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:13 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Well I dont ever remember saying we are going to get anything...

I am just saying there are a few areas that need improvement... A WR other than BH/DB would be a good start, and a TE other than Fasano would be nice too...

Whether or not we get them is unknown.. Just saying that the rookie QB could use a couple more players to step up. Not that it would improve his accuracy, but if he can find some chemistry at least it would add another read.

We line up 5 wide with Bush in the slot, not sure why he never gets a pass in that formation.

Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4