View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Jake Long isn't helping Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins' 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Jake Long isn't helping Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins'
Quote:
Former No. 1 overall draft pick Jake Long had the worst day of his career Sunday, according to Pro Football Focus statistics reported by the Orlando Sun Sentinel.

Long allowed three hits on Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill during a 23-20 loss to the Indianapolis Colts. The left tackle also gave up two hurries and a sack.

"It starts with me," Long said. "I've got to do better. That wasn't good enough."

The Colts haven't exactly been swarming quarterbacks in 2012, but they got to Tannehill plenty.

Full: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... i-dolphins

Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:44 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Jake Long isn't helping Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins'
Well the OL in general is a very disconcerting thing. The run blocking has disappeared and now the pass blocking is suspect. This is one of two things: 1. DCs have found a weakness in our blocking schemes and are attacking tendencies seen on film. 2. Players are just starting to make mistakes which doesn't make sense. Many of these plays aren't necessarily people getting beat as it is just blown assignments. I'm leaning toward the former which doesn't bode well for the remainder of the season.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:45 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Well the OL in general is a very disconcerting thing. The run blocking has disappeared and now the pass blocking is suspect. This is one of two things: 1. DCs have found a weakness in our blocking schemes and are attacking tendencies seen on film. 2. Players are just starting to make mistakes which doesn't make sense. Many of these plays aren't necessarily people getting beat as it is just blown assignments. I'm leaning toward the former which doesn't bode well for the remainder of the season.

After Bush had that big game teams decided that they weren't going to let us bulldoze them all game long. They've been putting eight guys in the box ever since and forcing Tannehill to beat them. The only problem is that our offensive line is showing it's weakness now that teams are constantly bringing pressure. It's forcing us to keep a tightend and fullback around to help protect Tannehill. Having to keep all of those blockers around the line prevents us from spreading teams out and it limits Tannehill's weapons.

Also, it looks to me like the constant audibles from Tannehill are confusing guys a little bit as to their blocking assignments. In other words, it looks like Tannehill and his linemen aren't 100% on the same page. Which is understandable because this group has only been together for a couple of months now and Tannehill is a rookie who is prone to making rookie mistakes. But nonetheless, this is a big issue and I'm not too sure it's a quick fix like the batted passes.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:24 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

is it just me or is Ryan going to the line to audible or point things out to much. I don't remember any QB doing this as much as he has been doing. :pumpiron:

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:12 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Phinsforever wrote:
is it just me or is Ryan going to the line to audible or point things out to much. I don't remember any QB doing this as much as he has been doing. :pumpiron:

Probably because he knows the offense better than anyone else on the team.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]