All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:46 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm not sweating this "rating". When you are 6-10 you needed a couple bonafide starters from your draft, but we didn't really get that last year. This year, I am seeing major contributions from Harris, McMillan, Godchaux, and maybe Tankersley. I think we are going to see a step up from those 4 players ... especially having McMillan back from season ending injury that he suffered on his first play of the preseason during a kickoff (weird).

Bleacher Report wrote:
No. 27: Miami Dolphins

Draft Picks: DE Charles Harris (No. 22 overall), LB Raekwon McMillan (No. 54), CB Cordrea Tankersley (No. 97), G Isaac Asiata (No. 164), DT Davon Godchaux (No. 178), DT Vincent Taylor (No. 194), WR Isaiah Ford (No. 237)

Total Starts: 18

Top Performer: Tankersley

Cornerback Cordrea Tankersley took advantage of Byron Maxwell's exit. He didn't log an interception but found ways to break up passes in coverage. Defensive tackle Davon Godchaux was the only other rookie in this class to take significant snaps. Both could hold big roles in the upcoming season.

Nonetheless, Tankersley faces competition for his spot. Bobby McCain and Tony Lippett also took reps on the boundary through mandatory minicamp. Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh's departure means more snaps for Godchaux and Vincent Taylor in the upcoming season.

Defensive end Charles Harris only logged two sacks, and he'll likely find himself in a rotational role behind Robert Quinn and Cameron Wake. Linebacker Raekwon McMillan, who's primed to start at middle linebacker, brings tremendous upside as a physical playmaker and will fill a void at the heart of the defense. There's potential, but two of the top three picks may not start in 2018.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/278 ... ter#slide7

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]