View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:34 am



Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 OT: thoughts on preseason trade I did 
Author Message
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:15 pm
Posts: 291
Location: Shelbyville, IN
Post OT: thoughts on preseason trade I did
First off I raped the guy I traded with but that is besides the point (he traded me randy moss to move up 6 spots from 8th round to 7th round and he gave me his 8th rounder) but we can only keep two keepers and I am now keeping Andre Johnson and randy moss instead of johnson and Michael Turner....my thoughts are that by releasing turner (who i think will be good but sacrificed for getting two of the top 3 WRs) but by doing that I think it will drop a RB one spot to me, hopefully ryan matthews or shonn greene. Thoughts?

_________________
Image


Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:16 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT: thoughts on preseason trade I did
Iceberg85 wrote:
I am now keeping Andre Johnson and randy moss instead of johnson and Michael Turner


You kept Andre Johnson instead of Johnson? Who is Johnson? If it's Chris Johnson and Michael Turner you dumped, then I hope to hell that the points favor WR's cuz that's just dumb.

Running backs score a lot more touchdowns and can get 1500 yards in a season. Only Andre Johnson got to 1500 yards last year, and he had a stellar season. You've got the best receiver in Andre, but Moss over Turner? I don't know man.

_________________
Image


Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:15 pm
Posts: 291
Location: Shelbyville, IN
Post Re: OT: thoughts on preseason trade I did
Iowafin wrote:
Iceberg85 wrote:
I am now keeping Andre Johnson and randy moss instead of johnson and Michael Turner


You kept Andre Johnson instead of Johnson? Who is Johnson? If it's Chris Johnson and Michael Turner you dumped, then I hope to hell that the points favor WR's cuz that's just dumb.

Running backs score a lot more touchdowns and can get 1500 yards in a season. Only Andre Johnson got to 1500 yards last year, and he had a stellar season. You've got the best receiver in Andre, but Moss over Turner? I don't know man.


Johnson is andre johnson

_________________
Image


Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT: thoughts on preseason trade I did
Iceberg85 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Iceberg85 wrote:
I am now keeping Andre Johnson and randy moss instead of johnson and Michael Turner


You kept Andre Johnson instead of Johnson? Who is Johnson? If it's Chris Johnson and Michael Turner you dumped, then I hope to hell that the points favor WR's cuz that's just dumb.

Running backs score a lot more touchdowns and can get 1500 yards in a season. Only Andre Johnson got to 1500 yards last year, and he had a stellar season. You've got the best receiver in Andre, but Moss over Turner? I don't know man.


Johnson is andre johnson


So you're keeping Andre Johnson instead of Andre Johnson?

_________________
Image


Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:15 pm
Posts: 291
Location: Shelbyville, IN
Post Re: OT: thoughts on preseason trade I did
well it was really talking about Moss instead of turner just added johnson in there so people didnt ask who my second keeper was

_________________
Image


Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT: thoughts on preseason trade I did
Iceberg85 wrote:
well it was really talking about Moss instead of turner just added johnson in there so people didnt ask who my second keeper was


Oh, I got ya. So you're keeping Moss instead of Turner, thus keeping Johnson and Moss.

Well, since I absolutely despise the Patriots I'd say no way, but their production a year ago was fairly similar. Turner was out two games. He's only played one full season as a full time starter, so can Turner put up his 2008 numbers? I can all but guarantee Moss won't have 2007 numbers, but the question is just can it be better than Turner's average. So, it's really anybody's guess.

_________________
Image


Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:40 am
Posts: 34
Post Re: OT: thoughts on preseason trade I did
Iowafin wrote:
Iceberg85 wrote:
well it was really talking about Moss instead of turner just added johnson in there so people didnt ask who my second keeper was


Oh, I got ya. So you're keeping Moss instead of Turner, thus keeping Johnson and Moss.

Well, since I absolutely despise the Patriots I'd say no way, but their production a year ago was fairly similar. Turner was out two games. He's only played one full season as a full time starter, so can Turner put up his 2008 numbers? I can all but guarantee Moss won't have 2007 numbers, but the question is just can it be better than Turner's average. So, it's really anybody's guess.

Well, Turner has had an inconsistent showing in camp, he is expected to make the 53-man roster. Patience is needed here


Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:28 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.