View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 OT: thoughts on preseason trade I did 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post OT: thoughts on preseason trade I did
First off I raped the guy I traded with but that is besides the point (he traded me randy moss to move up 6 spots from 8th round to 7th round and he gave me his 8th rounder) but we can only keep two keepers and I am now keeping Andre Johnson and randy moss instead of johnson and Michael Turner....my thoughts are that by releasing turner (who i think will be good but sacrificed for getting two of the top 3 WRs) but by doing that I think it will drop a RB one spot to me, hopefully ryan matthews or shonn greene. Thoughts?

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: OT: thoughts on preseason trade I did
Iceberg85 wrote:
I am now keeping Andre Johnson and randy moss instead of johnson and Michael Turner

You kept Andre Johnson instead of Johnson? Who is Johnson? If it's Chris Johnson and Michael Turner you dumped, then I hope to hell that the points favor WR's cuz that's just dumb.

Running backs score a lot more touchdowns and can get 1500 yards in a season. Only Andre Johnson got to 1500 yards last year, and he had a stellar season. You've got the best receiver in Andre, but Moss over Turner? I don't know man.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:25 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Iowafin wrote:
Iceberg85 wrote:
I am now keeping Andre Johnson and randy moss instead of johnson and Michael Turner

You kept Andre Johnson instead of Johnson? Who is Johnson? If it's Chris Johnson and Michael Turner you dumped, then I hope to hell that the points favor WR's cuz that's just dumb.

Running backs score a lot more touchdowns and can get 1500 yards in a season. Only Andre Johnson got to 1500 yards last year, and he had a stellar season. You've got the best receiver in Andre, but Moss over Turner? I don't know man.

Johnson is andre johnson

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iceberg85 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Iceberg85 wrote:

Johnson is andre johnson

So you're keeping Andre Johnson instead of Andre Johnson?

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:36 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

well it was really talking about Moss instead of turner just added johnson in there so people didnt ask who my second keeper was

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:39 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iceberg85 wrote:
well it was really talking about Moss instead of turner just added johnson in there so people didnt ask who my second keeper was

Oh, I got ya. So you're keeping Moss instead of Turner, thus keeping Johnson and Moss.

Well, since I absolutely despise the Patriots I'd say no way, but their production a year ago was fairly similar. Turner was out two games. He's only played one full season as a full time starter, so can Turner put up his 2008 numbers? I can all but guarantee Moss won't have 2007 numbers, but the question is just can it be better than Turner's average. So, it's really anybody's guess.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:44 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Iowafin wrote:
Iceberg85 wrote:

Oh, I got ya. So you're keeping Moss instead of Turner, thus keeping Johnson and Moss.

Well, since I absolutely despise the Patriots I'd say no way, but their production a year ago was fairly similar. Turner was out two games. He's only played one full season as a full time starter, so can Turner put up his 2008 numbers? I can all but guarantee Moss won't have 2007 numbers, but the question is just can it be better than Turner's average. So, it's really anybody's guess.

Well, Turner has had an inconsistent showing in camp, he is expected to make the 53-man roster. Patience is needed here

Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]