View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Know the Phish From a Fantasy Football Perspective? 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Know the Phish From a Fantasy Football Perspective?
I'm looking to get an edge for the upcoming season. Usually, die hard fans know the teams better than the supposed "experts" that cover them. Who knows the Phish inside and out, but also knows the ins-and-outs of fantasy football and can help me keep track of the Dolphins this year?

I'm new to this message board, but from looking around at some of the other posts, it looks like I came to the right place.

Thanks!

Lion

:yay:

Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:50 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Know the Phish From a Fantasy Football Perspective?
If you're looking for draft help, I'll try and give you some insight. We have plenty of fantasy football and Dolphin junkies on this board that can help you out.

The one guy offensively that I would target is Davone Bess. If you're in a PPR league especially. I can very easily see him going for 90+ catches and 1000 yards this year. The thing about Bess is that he will not rack up the TD's, (maybe get 4 or 5 at the most). He's going to be in the slot a lot for Miami and should thrive there. I'd bet good money that Bess has more catches than Marshall this season.

Anthony Fasano should also have a comeback year. I think he'd make a good late round option as a TE2.

Ronnie Brown and Brandon Marshall should be consistent and top scorers as always, but obviously Ronnie has the injury concerns. Brown is in a contract year though, so, while he is healthy he should be a beast.

I think a lot of us are expecting a big year from Chad Henne. I don't think that he's a QB1 in a 12 man league, but I think he's as solid a QB2 as you can get. I'm expecting him to be in the 10-12 range amongst QB's this season.

Ricky is going to have a similar season to the one he was on pace for last year, and his 2008 one. Should be a solid flex. From a fantasy standpoint, I'm not expecting much out of Camarillo or Hartline. Hartline has the potential for a solid season, but I think Bess, Fasano and Marshall dominate most of Henne's attention.

I'm not sure how much new information I gave you there, but if there was one thing that I would recommend (actually along with the Bess thing), is that if you are keeping 2 Defenses on your roster, make the Miami defense your second option. They are young and in transition from a personnel and scheme standpoint, but against weak offenses (like Buffalo twice) they have a chance to shine. They will have games when they show their youth, but they'll also have games where they explode. They have great potential, it's just a matter of putting it together. I think they're worth keeping for a few starts.

One thing about Miami is they play easy teams in the fantasy playoffs, (week 15 Buffalo, week 16 Detroit - both home games), and the middle of their schedule is easier as well, (Week 10 Tennessee, Week 11 Chicago, Week 12 Oakland, Week 13 Cleveland), with most of those being at home. So, the end of your schedule could feature some top scorers on a weekly basis from Miami.

Hope I wasn't too homerish and that all that helps. :yay:

Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:54 pm
Phinfever FFL Commish
Phinfever FFL Commish

Nice write up PR. I think you pretty much nailed it. Dansby should be solid if you're playing IDP.

Last edited by TennFinFan13 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:52 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I'm not as high on Bess as some fellow Phins fans... and I certainly wouldn't go out using any sort of high pick to choose him. Obviously Marshall should be #1 on the list for the Phins, while Bess could be a nice sleeper in the last couple rounds. In the 10 or so mock drafts that I've done, Bess was not drafted in any of them.

#2 is a Ronnie / Ricky combo... if you're going to grab one you should definitely try to grab the other... you just never know who's going to be carrying the load.

I'll admit I used some picks in those mocks on Chad Henne and our Defense as well. Both could be pretty big surprises in the fantasy world this year.

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]